I've been working on my SL driving skills and slowly but surely becoming less of a hazard to pedestrians day by day

• Like 2

right now i'm making short tales called "Mony adventures" 

is like having a book of mini-stories but also with pictures 😄

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182105222@N04/albums

sometimes i'm at clubs dancing and chatting with everybody or i'm with my wife, or changing clothes, looking for combinations and stuff, or shopping or exploring or decorating my house or trying to build 😄 there are a lot of things to do, the only limit is the imagination n.<

Mostly by loading myself up on vw projects and then procrastinating on working on them. 

• Haha 1

I'm rather shocked that as far as I can tell no one took the obvious, and jr. high humor tactic, of saying something off-color and alluding to battery powered devices. The OP didn't specify SL... Well, come to think of it, the battery powered devices, one-handed typing and SL are absolutely compatible for entertaining oneself. So I've heard.

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, Maitimo said:

Depends on the time of day. From around noon onwards, until around 4 or 5pm I'm on the club circuit; there are a few I go to at least once a week. Not so much the big ones like Muddy's, but little ones with small groups of regulars where we all know one another fairly well.  If I'm online before that, I'm usually either taking pics, or making something.

I thought it said "i'm usually taking pics or smoking something". no, I don't smoke!

6 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

I'm rather shocked that as far as I can tell no one took the obvious, and jr. high humor tactic, of saying something off-color and alluding to battery powered devices. The OP didn't specify SL... Well, come to think of it, the battery powered devices, one-handed typing and SL are absolutely compatible for entertaining oneself. So I've heard.

Oh come on, nobody uses these little transistor radios anymore! :D

• Haha 2

Definitely, decorating- redecorating- rerereredecorating my Linden homes, chatting with neighbours and people I've met here in the forums, and my top one: exploring new sims. SL is so big, you never get to visit all of them

I turn on a podcast and work on uploading all the random crap I have to Wardrobe. I'm not sure if that counts as entertainment. But it's a thing.

I often go exploring~ Either checking out stores or random locations. Decided to tour Nautilus lately, checked out the western bay area and then ended up wandering to the center. Ended up coming back with a friend and we took a lovely bike ride along north east path. There are so many amazing and unique places in SL. And if exploring isn't your thing, there's games! Spent some time killing zombies recently. Got addicted to a crane game. There's tons of stuffs to do.

This is a question I tend to ask myself on a frequent basis. I don't really have hobbies or things I enjoy. I suffer from anhedonia that makes others not really want to bother with me, since I am too miserable, and those who stick around tend to be busy either in RL or with their own hobbies in SL. Even if I get to talk to someone, they tend to just IM me and not really want to go anywhere or do anything, so it becomes very depressing.

Sometimes I update my profile. That kills a bit of time and allows me to spice things up. I can also dig on the marketplace and buy some updates to stuff to look better, I tend to try to constantly improve myself. I might just buy a lot of random stuff I don't really care much about just so I can have some hobby. Plus I will teleport to random sims and walk around them until I get tired of teleporting to empty sims or sims where it is just people who know each other and me isolated in some corner of the landmark.

Perhaps I should get back to mainland wandering, but I hate the amount of grid lines, and it feels like half the sims I wander into get upset about me intruding. SL has this weird curse where it feels like there is a lot of land, but at the same time a lot are private places that you are unwelcome on. And the places you are welcome tend to be inactive. Even public places tend to be empty most of the time, maybe due to the hours I am on or just bad lack. I have tried getting a slave to enhance my exploration, but all I found was that exploration really is demoralizing. I hate beaches; they are so generic, often make me wearing a bikini when I am not a big fan of wearing such, and just tend to be a lot of people crowded together while being isolating.

I tend to prefer actively doing something. This is why I tend to spend a lot of time buying random tanks and planes, but eventually that gets old as you start feeling the mechanics of each tank and plane feel too similar, plus the whole lack of targets to really hit.

I guess a lot of it is my fault. I limit myself with crutches and needs that I find I can't escape from that in turn makes me unwelcome in most places such as most clubs. Even if I go to club, it just is listening to music I don't like while being surrounded by people who don't speak to me. Could I do more if I changed my avatar to be less offensive to others? Probably, but at that point I feel like I am removing part of who I am, no matter how silly my priorities might seem to others.

Ever feel like an alcoholic who can't get much alcohol for some reason and thus is constantly experiencing withdrawals, yet the symptoms never clear up as you don't really have anything that makes you happy and a lot that can cause emotional breakdowns? So you wean yourself on light beers, not really ever getting to a stable place yet at the same time at least having some fragment to hold onto? How you feel desperately for crying out for help on any sim you go to, yet you know that nobody has a reason to care about you or your situation, and thus you just endure endlessly while rambling wherever you can in the hopes that it can bring some sort respite? That seems to sum up my SL life.

I really wonder if I even belong in SL. But, I have anhedonia, so I guess it fair to say there isn't much of a good alternative for me. Sorry if this isn't the most optimistic post here, but at least it shows that some of us don't know what we are doing in SL, so don't feel bad if you are lost yourself.

There's lots of things you can do in this game, as you all read the above posts. Photography seems to be the one thing that never lets me down.