Hi everyone! 

I'm finding myself getting into the cycle of logging in, taking a photo, logging out. It's sad to see my SL get that way as there are so many amazing things I could be out there doing, so ..

let me know what you do for entertainment! :D 

Tons of things. Building, hanging out with friends, driving vehicles, perving peoples' profiles and laughing at what pathetic little creatures they are, exploring places, shopping, grabbing any poor friend of mine off of my list and whinging at them for hours about how badly designed the sim or product I visited or looked at has been designed and how we simply don't punish people harshly enough these days. 

... Things most people do, I assume.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

When I found myself in a rut, I took it upon myself to start exploring all the mainland roads. I set a starting point (usually the southern-most tip of a continent) and walk to the northern-most spot.

I had kind of thought that this would take me a few hours at best, but believe me, it can take days or even weeks. More if you allow yourself to be distracted by the stuff you see along the way (publically accessible places that residents built, LL-created landmarks, stores, vistas, etc).

Mainland gets a bad rep, but there is a LOT to see and to do and who knows, maybe you will get some inspiration for your own thing along the way.

Idea: since you mentioned taking pics, perhaps you could keep a travelogue of your walk, highlighting some of the interesting things and/or people that you encounter along the way!

P.S. I never finished my first trip. I've met someone with whom to spend lots of time and I am not complaining 🙂

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 5

I also like exploring around mainland.  I will also take a look at the Recently Added and Editor's Pick sections of the destination guide to see if there is some place interesting to visit, or some event that looks like it would be fun to attend.  I like to do the hunts that Historical Hunts puts on several times a year.  Most often though, I am decorating my house or landscaping around my parcel.  When I'm in a dancing mood, I have a favorite dancing place to go.  I also enjoy taking building classes from time to time at Builders Brewery or Happy Hippo Building School.  

There are several picture threads in the forums - a couple in the People -> Your Avatar sub-forum, and a landscape focused thread (among several others) in the Creation -> Art, Music and Photography sub-forum.  Besides contributing to those threads and getting to know some of the other forumites, those can also be inspirational for places to visit or things to do. 

I still have on my list of things to try:  learning to sail, and learning more about the trains on the SLRR and the railroad in Bellisseria. 

• Like 3

Oh, yesterday there was some Firestorm message-of-the-day about a big multi-sim event. But now it's scrolled off. Anyone know what that event was? It's not the sci-fi fair, and it's not a shopping event.

• Like 1

I explore and attend events (generally the big events that run for a short time, rather than clubs and stuff). I enjoy doing hunts. I run a shop and build things, so also spend a fair bit of time making stuff. Sometimes it's for the events if I'm signed up as a merchant/exhibitor.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I also like exploring around mainland.  I will also take a look at the Recently Added and Editor's Pick sections of the destination guide to see if there is some place interesting to visit, or some event that looks like it would be fun to attend. 

I've been exploring editors picks and oh my goodness! People make some fricking gorgeous sims I never knew about! I've even met some new people to talk to ❤️

• Like 4

When I first joined secondlife, I was only exploring beautiful destinations, spend hours exploring and mind blown by people creativity, and take landscape photos.
 I still explore;  but now I have another interest that take all my time in secondlife and I enjoy it a lot,  it's buying lands, houses and decorating.
 and I'm trying to learn building and landscaping, cuz I really want to create a beautiful sim for people to visit someday, but now it's just an idea.
 also a month ago, I decided to put my fully furnished houses for rent, like why not? it's fun sharing it with people who would love it, and I would get a little profit out of it.
but I'm still working on it tho.
 that's my secondlife, I don't socialize I don't go to clubs, I always set my status to busy/ not available,
 people don't interest me, I'm happy with my own company, no on can give me a better one.
I also love shopping and always attend big shopping events, mostly for home/garden products, but I care about my avatar looks too it's essential to me as i care for myself in real life lol! so I shop for that too.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, animats said:

Oh, yesterday there was some Firestorm message-of-the-day about a big multi-sim event. But now it's scrolled off. Anyone know what that event was? It's not the sci-fi fair, and it's not a shopping event.

I thought I saw something about the upcoming SL18B, wanting vendors to come forward.

12 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I also like exploring around mainland.  I will also take a look at the Recently Added and Editor's Pick sections of the destination guide to see if there is some place interesting to visit, or some event that looks like it would be fun to attend.  I like to do the hunts that Historical Hunts puts on several times a year.  Most often though, I am decorating my house or landscaping around my parcel.  When I'm in a dancing mood, I have a favorite dancing place to go.  I also enjoy taking building classes from time to time at Builders Brewery or Happy Hippo Building School.  

There are several picture threads in the forums - a couple in the People -> Your Avatar sub-forum, and a landscape focused thread (among several others) in the Creation -> Art, Music and Photography sub-forum.  Besides contributing to those threads and getting to know some of the other forumites, those can also be inspirational for places to visit or things to do. 

I still have on my list of things to try:  learning to sail, and learning more about the trains on the SLRR and the railroad in Bellisseria. 

Your photos always uplift me in those threads, and you are so right how inspirational they are when it comes to finding new destinations to explore. Positivity breeds positivity, and I love that every day I still have a list of places to go and things to do in Second Life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Depends on the time of day. From around noon onwards, until around 4 or 5pm I'm on the club circuit; there are a few I go to at least once a week. Not so much the big ones like Muddy's, but little ones with small groups of regulars where we all know one another fairly well.  If I'm online before that, I'm usually either taking pics, or making something.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I thought I saw something about the upcoming SL18B, wanting vendors to come forward.

It was the run-for-life event. Firestorm's message finally scrolled around again. But that's one day, all over the grid, not a current event in one place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, animats said:

It was the run-for-life event. Firestorm's message finally scrolled around again. But that's one day, all over the grid, not a current event in one place.

Oh, cool. I might just be getting my giant snail racing cossie back out of the mothballs then soon. Great stuff!  Glad you solved the mystery, animats. 

I like beaches and some clubs but a friend helped me update an alt now i use the alt as a dancer in a club to make some linden

On May 23, 2020 at 6:39 PM, Moira Timmerman said:

This reminds me of the time I looked at the map and noticed that I was seven sims away from my home. I was with a friend and I convinced him we should walk there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

This reminds me of the time I looked at the map and noticed that I was seven sims away from my home. I was with a friend and I convinced him we should walk there. 

One bored morning when none of my friends were online, I decided to walk the entire length of Bellisseria from south to north.  47 regions, which is about 12 kilometres (7.5 miles). It took me two hours and twenty minutes. (approximate route below).

1485414949_belliwalk.thumb.jpg.77cb291531530b0b64da2c932e195f82.jpg

• Like 9

Hangout at chat areas. There isn’t always an ongoing conversation—or one I’m interested in—, but I fill the holes browsing the Internet or doing other stuff. I never count on SL entertaining me at any given moment, in part because I’m not necessarily entertaining to others myself.

Dancing, exploring, dancing some more ,fending off fratboy chats, and then exploring some more And finally trying to get to grips with customising my avatar.

Exploring, also use a random tp hud that sends me to random places, events, live singing, dance theaters/shows (not many realize that there are dance groups that have weekly events), art sims and art shows, games like Greedy/Blitz 31/Pictionary etc, photography, clubs, striking up conversations with strangers, help others, people watching, try to build things but make hot messes instead lol, crash vehicles because I'm horrible at steering in sl, do silly dances in public, do random acts of kindness and so much more to do in sl !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do a little RPing when I have a chance to log in without my RL spouse around, He kinda just pervs my avatar's build.   A lot of the time I wear silks and togas (pixie/nymph type of character, she looks best in them and it feels right.)

I also lurk around popular hubs and people watch, maybe snap a few pics for reference if I want to change my look up when I find someone's aesthetic to be something I want to try.   I chat with people too, go to clubs and listen to music if they are playing something I like.

It's the simple things for me that tend to be the most entertaining....  And depending on my mood with certain IMs I get, I troll the people... I've been getting good at doing it without them realizing it.

Decorate, modify buildings, go second-hand dacha hunting, photography, cleaning my inventory up, practicing building in sandboxes, attend classes, try to meet new people, interior design, creative writing, enter contests, play games, etc.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 5:01 AM, Maitimo said:

One bored morning when none of my friends were online, I decided to walk the entire length of Bellisseria from south to north.  47 regions, which is about 12 kilometres (7.5 miles). It took me two hours and twenty minutes. (approximate route below).

1485414949_belliwalk.thumb.jpg.77cb291531530b0b64da2c932e195f82.jpg

How did you make the red line showing where you travelled?

6 hours ago, WinstonEverlast said:

How did you make the red line showing where you travelled?

Took a screenshot of the map and drew  the line in Photoshop. That's why it's (very) approximate.

• Like 1