Name change

Mara Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Mara Crisp said:

Why am I still required to login with my old name after I changed it? 

Go to your Account History/Statements area where you can see all charges against your account and verify that you really did pay for the name change.

image.png.881d077f23400302935ac4a46a8b5d76.png

If you did, then you'll need to contact Support.  Fastest is via Live Chat:

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 6am to 3pm PST every day.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:

@Mara Crisp If you changed your name, you should be able to see it in world as your new name.  If you don’t, your name didn’t change.

If your credit card was charged and you don’t see a name change, you should open a ticket with Linden Labs.

Unless you don't use a credit card on your account -- then it would be PayPal or Skrill.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:

@Mara Crisp If you changed your name, you should be able to see it in world as your new name.  If you don’t, your name didn’t change.

If your credit card was charged and you don’t see a name change, you should open a ticket with Linden Labs.

I see my name change everywhere but with Bloodlines. It still shows my old name and requires me to login with my old name. 

15 hours ago, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:

I think Bloodlines is the only place that shows up with my old name. If I login to my acct I need to login with my old name. Just curious as to when it will all be transferred to my new name.

8 minutes ago, Mara Crisp said:

I think Bloodlines is the only place that shows up with my old name. If I login to my acct I need to login with my old name. Just curious as to when it will all be transferred to my new name.

Bloodlines is a total diffent private database, if they don't update ( what they don't when i look at a accountname i changed) you have to contact them, this is not related to LL.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Bloodlines is a total diffent private database, if they don't update ( what they don't when i look at a accountname i changed) you have to contact them, this is not related to LL.

Ok Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.. I will contact the creator of Bloodlines! 😄

2 hours ago, MarcCross said:

You will get faster respond if you log in to the web support and file a ticket.  In my case is been a lot fast, tho  they eventually respond  either way😄

357410654_blsupport.png.57be9a56cb2fafa910e92a8c94dddb92.png

That is Bloodlines Support - which has nothing to do with LL support.

I'm with the OP.

I changed my name last evening but still can log in using my old name. Wouldn't sense dictate that the new name be required to log in?

("Out with the old, in with the new" thing)

UPDATE: Takes a while for the system to catch up. Just found my Dashboard won't let me in with the old name. My Bad. Thanks for listening.

Edited by Chassie Rowley
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MarcCross said:

You will get faster respond if you log in to the web support and file a ticket.  In my case is been a lot fast, tho  they eventually respond  either way😄

357410654_blsupport.png.57be9a56cb2fafa910e92a8c94dddb92.png

I will file another ticket with Bloodlines. When I first changed it they weren't very helpful 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chassie Rowley said:

I'm with the OP.

I changed my name last evening but still can log in using my old name. Wouldn't sense dictate that the new name be required to log in?

("Out with the old, in with the new" thing)

UPDATE: Takes a while for the system to catch up. Just found my Dashboard won't let me in with the old name. My Bad. Thanks for listening.

Well, the SL FAQ on changing names did say that it could take up to 24 hours to get through all of the various systems.

• Like 1

I understood that they were coming back to the first and last names from back when, however when I went to register today, it would not let me have a first and last name, it has to be continuous letters or numbers.  No place to choose from the list of available last names.  I appears that if I want a first and last name I now have to pay for a name change.  I have to pay to put a space between Ian and Doge.  Am I missing something here? 

14 minutes ago, IanDoge said:

I understood that they were coming back to the first and last names from back when, however when I went to register today, it would not let me have a first and last name, it has to be continuous letters or numbers.  No place to choose from the list of available last names.  I appears that if I want a first and last name I now have to pay for a name change.  I have to pay to put a space between Ian and Doge.  Am I missing something here? 

No you are not missing anything.  They didn't bring back last names as they were initially, what they did was add new functionality to allow people to change their name - either their first name or their last name or both.  The last names are limited (similar to the old days) to a list of last names that can be chosen from.  The name change functionality does require payment for the name change, as well as being a premium member. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.