PALEOQUEST >> STOP with the alts who uses the HUD attachment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a time when you have to wake up, you are fed up with avatars that use attachment HUDs.
We undergo these type of problems which cause bugs when they are present and attach 3 see 4 avatar on only one, we are forced to go slowly to avoid the BUG and return to the starting point at every moment, we cannot play properly, and this will last long enough.
Linden has rules and we would like to have these applied, in particular I quote:
"Use of any object, devices, HUDs, scripting, etc to enhance speed, movement and award collection rates is not permitted."
It would be good if someone could manage this seriously.
That people play with several avatars one by one does not cause me any worries, but when he uses HUD and Scripts which annoys us then it bothers me and I know that it disturbs many others who also play "classically", it breaks the game by its slowness and these multiple BUGS.
Linden! I ask you to react!
I also propose that avatars using attachment HUDS be denounced here if Linden does nothing, we have the impression that our relationships do not change anything, because we always see the same denounced avatars.
Thank you for reading and please contributed to this post to show your dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

I can say for myself its really annoying when you have to go all the way back just like that because there are someone logged with multiple accounts and using somekind of cheat or HUD. I'm not sure what they use but all I know is my experience gets ruined and all I can do is nothing...🙄 I just stand and stare, waiting until they take all they want. That really makes us feel like *****, as if they were super smart while al the others... the biggest fools! Not Cool...AT ALL!!!😤

Edited by 2000neonXOXO
  • Like 2

What I would suggest is if you have proof that someone is cheating the system then raise a ticket so LL can take the necessary steps.

If people do not raise tickets against the individuals concerned they are not going to find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasama Lagan said:

I think there should be a permanent person at paleo to do direct checks and act quickly

I don't think LL is going to put someone on the payroll to do that. It would cost LL far more money than the small amount of money they are losing on that game with payouts to cheaters. The same goes for any Linden Realms game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

This would never have been a problem if LL would have just implemented this feature that would prevent scripts from running if they are not compiled with the same experience allowed over the land the game is operated on. That includes control perms scripts.

I'd MUCH prefer if experience scripts could "register" with the region to act as an arbiter for 3rd party content: can this attachment load? are we gonna allow this script? etc...

I requested this ages ago but everyone got spooked, as usual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Je ne pense pas que LL va mettre quelqu'un sur la liste de paie pour le faire. Cela coûterait beaucoup plus cher à LL que la petite somme d'argent qu'ils perdent sur ce jeu avec des paiements aux tricheurs. Il en va de même pour n'importe quel jeu Linden Realms.

yes, i know that very well .. but the sanctions should be applied and the reports taken seriously by Linden.
The problem is the time taken to make a report, people are lost in the definition of category who are not explicit enough and know or put in the right category the report.
Maybe it would be good to add a direct button in this "paleo cheat" menu so that it is simple to create the report and fast apart from "gaming policy violation"
It would probably be more practical to do that, because, yes, they go against the terms of "gaming", but, it also creates lag, slowness and annoys everyone, I am also talking about those who are attached to you with the HUD and then they have nothing to do and easily wins.
I don't mind that you have multiple avatars, but that they use this type of self-attachment script and play multiple Alts or get attached to you while creating Lag, slowdown, bug ... no

25 minutes ago, Kasama Lagan said:

apart from "gaming policy violation"

Gaming policy violation does not apply to PaleoQuest or any other LL game. You can't use that to report cheaters, LL will just ignore the report.

Gaming Policy refers to skill-gaming or "gambling regions" with slot machines and the like.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Gaming policy violation does not apply to PaleoQuest or any other LL game. You can't use that to report cheaters, LL will just ignore the report.

Gaming Policy refers to skill-gaming or "gambling regions" with slot machines and the like.

i know..is that why i say "need category"

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a late post by me, but since I'm waking up off night shift, and still drinking coffee my brain hasn't quite yet kicked in.

Have you tried flagging this up at the Governance User Group? http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Governance_User_Group

Next meeting's this Tuesday.

Maybe worth bringing it up there with Kristin Linden?

@Kristin Linden

PaleoQuest A3, the golden tooth swamp jumping is broken.  Simply walking 10 meters sends you back to the resurrection circle, accusing you of using a speed enhancer.  No one is able to complete or even start this quest today.  I think the Linden's should try to fix their servers and software, before they worry about cheaters.  But perhaps this is their solution: make it impossible for ALL to complete the 2nd quest.  That will slow those cheaters down, yes that's the ticket!

Actually this so called speed bug has affected all of the quests.  Legal running or jumping sends you back to the beginning on every quest - but the 2nd quest is always the worst.  And no you can not get to the B3 Paleoquest, which is still working.

File a ticket?  Sure why not - it has never helped in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

As with any game that has rewards, people WILL try to cheat, and unfortunately in SL it's very easy.

Having worked on my own SL experience powered games, I can say that accounting for cheaters in SL, and still letting non-cheaters wear any content they want, is a very difficult task to accomplish.  It IS do-able, but it has taken a lot of my own R&D time to fine tune to minimize the false positives.  I think right now PaleoQuest is probably going through the a similar experience that I had.  Basically it took me 4 months to iron out a set of functions to limit one type of cheating, all the while there were a lot of false positives, so legit players felt punished.  It's a hard thing to figure out and balance, but it can be done.

All I gotta say is, to those who play PaleoQuest, hang in there.  I am sure LL doesn't want you to have a bad time. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.