Jump to content

I would like to share the inventory with alt-account eventually


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

サブアカウントとメインアカウントでツーショットの写真を撮ろうとすると、アバターを揃えるのに2倍の料金がかかる。。。

サブアカウントとインベントリを共有する機能さえあればと思うけど、リンデン運営は今後そのような写真撮影の支援策を考えてくれるだろうか。。。


If you try to take a two-shot photo with your sub-account and your main account, it costs twice as much to get your avatars together. .. ..

I wish I could have the ability to share inventory with sub-accounts, but could Linden admin think of ways to support such photography in the future? .. ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, dishorned said:

.

I wish I could have the ability to share inventory with sub-accounts, but could Linden admin think of ways to support such photography in the future? .. ..

you can make one pic while both are online, make that one has low settings to prevent lag. After making the pic you can share it for free with your alt.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, dishorned said:

サブアカウントとメインアカウントでツーショットの写真を撮ろうとすると、アバターを揃えるのに2倍の料金がかかる。。。

サブアカウントとインベントリを共有する機能さえあればと思うけど、リンデン運営は今後そのような写真撮影の支援策を考えてくれるだろうか。。。


If you try to take a two-shot photo with your sub-account and your main account, it costs twice as much to get your avatars together. .. ..

I wish I could have the ability to share inventory with sub-accounts, but could Linden admin think of ways to support such photography in the future? .. ..

Hello, dishorned

You can do this. 

Take one photo with main account and give it to your sub-account. Only main account will pay for the photo.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect the OP's issue is the cost of the alt's clothes and possibly a mesh body, and was looking for a way to share the main account's inventory with the alt. That just can't be done.

Far cheaper is to get a friend to participate, if that's the case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or you could position your poseballs for 2 avatars for example (could be more than 2 if you like), but take one picture of your main account sitting on poseball 1, then take another picture of your main account sitting on poseball 2. Then do some post production editing to make it look like there are 2 different avatars in the picture, when in fact it's just one avatar in different shots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or buy gacha clothes and hair that you can pass between your accounts. I do that when I want to make a "themed" picture. Like Halloween. I get 1-2 year old Gacha parts very cheap when I buy second hand.

You can even buy a Gacha skin applier, take a copy of your head and apply the skin, then pass your alt the same applier. The alt does the same. You will look like twins. :)

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I take a snapshot, I send it to my desktop..It doesn't cost anything..

Then if i want others to see it..Rather than clogging their inventory,I upload it to my flickr and send them a link,where they can copy the image if they like..

The only reason I upload anything is if I want to put it on something I'm making in second life..

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if LL let users make sub-accounts instead of treating every avatar as a separate account. But that's unlikely to happen at this point. They risk breaking the inventory system, risk voiding ToS' from creators, and would anger people who have bought multiple things across accounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2020 at 9:30 AM, Marianne Little said:

Or buy gacha clothes and hair that you can pass between your accounts. I do that when I want to make a "themed" picture. Like Halloween. I get 1-2 year old Gacha parts very cheap when I buy second hand.

You can even buy a Gacha skin applier, take a copy of your head and apply the skin, then pass your alt the same applier. The alt does the same. You will look like twins. :)

 

Yep! 

Marianne Little is right!

To the OP, Dishorned:  Second hand Gacha is the way to share inventory because of it's permissions which are usually modify and transfer.  Some Gacha items are transfer only though.  Transfer means you can transfer the items to your alt.  Do not send a lot of transfers at once though as inventory loss can happen.  Transfer about five items at a time.  Do you know how to transfer items?   I've bought some Gacha skins for as low as 15 Linden apiece.  You need to know how to transfer items though which can easily be explained if you don't know how.  

Edited by FairreLilette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...