New updates on camera

Vihmakass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Now mine camera menu on screen is too big. I cant hide part of it. Section - use precise controls-  is getting on way. 

New design might be useful if I would take snapshots all time....but i want just look around when i walk or go somewhere.

That bottom left stuff to right and being able hide right side - that would cure problem.

Now it is just big black stuff covering two time more  space on mine screen.

Sometimes fixing too much is ...fixing too much.

Edited by Vihmakass
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Vihmakass said:

Now mine camera menu on screen is too big. I cant hide part of it. Section - use precise controls-  is getting on way. 

New design might be useful if I would take snapshots all time....but i want just look around when i walk or go somewhere.

That bottom left stuff to right and being able hide right side - that would cure problem.

Now it is just big black stuff covering two time more  space on mine screen.

Sometimes fixing too much is ...fixing too much.

It was a designed viewer change by LL. 

You might want to look at alternative methods

• Like 1

As I have suggested every time that some variation of this question/comment comes up, the easiest solution is to get rid of that silly camera widget unless you really need it for something special at the moment.  It takes up valuable screen space and is totally unnecessary.  You can control your camera view easily and gracefully with the keyboard Shift/CTRL/Alt keys and your mouse.

f_SLcameraconm_43a804a.jpg.447df400e8f53a7f9254c484c0afb5ff.jpg

Edited by Rolig Loon

Ty for answers but using keyboard shortcuts with so many fingers/ like for alt+ctrl+shift + mouse/ is gigantic pain. 

I can do same with just two fingers - one on keyboard other on mouse, it is easy and simple 

Problem isnt moving...problem is wasted screen space.

make it simple.png

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vihmakass said:

using keyboard shortcuts with so many fingers/ like for alt+ctrl+shift + mouse/ is gigantic pain. 

Pain is all relative, I guess.  I have been using that method for 13 years and find it quite graceful.  For me, saving screen space is way more important than having a nice widget. Anyway, it's your choice.  😉

1 minute ago, Vihmakass said:

I tried some, doesnt work well for me. SL viewer has best colors and tones for me and it doesnt make me lag on max settings.

Then I guess you'll have to adapt.

You can go open a JIRA requesting the camera controls revert to how they were, but I highly doubt that will go anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

I tried some, doesnt work well for me. SL viewer has best colors and tones for me and it doesnt make me lag on max settings.

You can close the camera control widget when you're walking around, and just open it when you need to use it to adjust the camera.  That way it's not taking up the screen space all the time.  I don't remember if the SL viewer has the camera control button in the row of buttons at the side or the bottom of the screen, but if not you can add it so that it's just a mouse click to re-open it, and a mouse click to close it by clicking on the "X" on the camera control widget. 

The new camera things are just about for taking snapshots.  There are many people who use non-default camera settings to get the camera in a better location for general viewing with their avatar's size, room sizes, etc., and the only way to do that  before was through changing debug settings, so this change to the camera control widget is a good thing for many people. 

You might also try the Kokoa viewer if you haven't already,  I like it's colors and tones and feel it's a good choice in-between the SL viewer and Firestorm viewer. 

Eventually, though, the change is likely to propagate through all the 3rd party viewers,  as they update to pick up changes LL has made to the SL viewer.

I understand it can take some practice to get fingers used to a new pattern, and to remember to use it.  I've started down the path of using the keyboard/mouse combinations posted several times (every time I see Rolig's diagram) but have - so far -  ended up reverting back.  I'm giving it another try now though, as that diagram has popped up in my face again :)

• Like 1

I've been trying to find a way to make it revert to the original size too.  It's ridiculously big.  I find it hard to believe that they couldn't include a resizing option, when the option is there for the chat window.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.