summerskye56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, summerskye56 said:

Thank all of you for your help... I am new to this and really having a hard time getting around  here ...

That's OK.  We've all been there, and a certain amount of confusion is always there.  SL keeps changing.  Also, most of what you see is created by other SL residents, and residents are always inventing new stuff and making new places.  Sort of like RL, actually.  Start learning how to use your Search function, and then keep on doing just what you are doing here.... ask other people about places to go or things you might want to buy, or classes you might want to take.  Some of my best discoveries have been total accidents, when I wasn't really looking for anything -- just wandering and exploring.

11 hours ago, summerskye56 said:

how do I find a room.. I am looking for a Gorean room .. Tyros ran by Corthian Belwraith.. Please help me 

You might have better luck searching for Corthidian Belwraith, but I didn't see anything in his profile about places.

Finding things in SL has always been a problem. But, it is possible. One does need to shift their thinking. A 'Google Search' mentality of narrowing a search does not work well here. You'll often need to broaden the search to find the related SL jargon for what you want.

SL doesn't have "rooms". SL has communities and groups that spread across the grid. There seldom, if ever, a single place for a genre of an interest. Use either in-world or web search to find related places and groups. Using web search set to Everything and searching on Gorean returns 2,764 hits. The icon at the right side tells you if it is a 'place' or a 'group'. 387 of those are places. 2,360 are groups. 

A teleport link to a place is included with each Gorean place found. You can teleport there and see what is happening. As SL is international some places have more Europeans, Australians, or Americans and are only active when you would expect for those time zones. 

Listings for Groups have links for joining the group. In the web search results you can click More and look for the number of members. More members means more activity. It is in these groups you will find people with similar interests. Those people can tell which groups and places are active and which to stay away from for whatever reason.

You can also search the forum for Gorean. Where you are in the forum when you search can affect the results if you select that option.

Just as the in-world is huge and requires some learning to find your way around, so too the websites for SL are numerous. Do some exploring. Do some Google searches using a term like "second Life" gorean. You will find things inside the SL set of sites and some of the many blogs about SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.