Solution Provider Directory, who knew?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Huh. I never paid attention to this program the first time around, and don't expect to do anything with it now, either, but it's interesting that it exists.

At tomorrow's Lab Gab, "Izzy will be discussing a number of topics, including the new Solution Provider Directory."

The wiki page had been dormant for years, then on March 11th it got a massive clean-up:

1083025414_Annotation2020-05-21041940.png.0180c05479a9421c4da12b42932ce697.png

presumably to clear the decks for an updated listing of folks offering their services to help newcomers establish their SL presence, in turn presumably prompted by the interest in "work from home" + virtual business responses to COVID-19.

Maybe the Solution Provider Directory was a big topic back in March, but I only find one contemporaneous forums reference (if I'm searching correctly).

So... did everybody but me already get the memo on this? All excited to peddle your wares to the eager masses? This gonna be a glorious success?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ah! ha!

i saw Gwyneth L. clicking thru the linden ran out of regions thread. Innula as well. I wondered what might have brought Gwyneth and Innula back on here.  Am pretty sure Gwyneth and Innula were into the Solution Provider thingy back in the day. Might just be coincidence tho

with Cristiano as well back on here in recent times, is starting to look like a old home reunion

• Like 1

I've never been part of the Solution Provider programme, and had forgotten such a thing existed until I saw this thread.

I've not been much in evidence here for quite some time, but that's because I've been busy on other projects and simply got out of the habit of posting in these forums (I'm still active over the road at VVO, though).     Now, however, I have a bit more time on my hands because of Covid-19.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I've never been part of the Solution Provider programme, and had forgotten such a thing existed until I saw this thread.

I've not been much in evidence here for quite some time, but that's because I've been busy on other projects and simply got out of the habit of posting in these forums (I'm still active over the road at VVO, though).     Now, however, I have a bit more time on my hands because of Covid-19.

sorry. I just your saw your name pop up and went ooooh!

looks like I got you mixed up with up with someone else. I thought you were involved in some gateway thing back in the day. Which I probably got mixed up as well with the solution provider thing

more than likely Gwyneth L. be along soon and say the same

this said. Welcome back!

Edited by Mollymews
saw
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, Charlotte Bartlett said:

That’s a blast from the past.

That is interesting in itself. Until now it seems LL's policy has been to never upgrade anything if they can possibly avoid it but instead keep stacking new stuff on top of the old.

• Like 1

I do miss the SLDEV side of things.   I think there is internal demand for solution providers.  Not sure external demand e.g. like the big old commercial projects.    For those in SLDEV we would be vetted (had a RL company, tax ID, Portfolio, Customer References etc).

We did a major virtual conference sponsored by Adobe, BBC, Linden Lab etc called Head Conference.  But my favorite of all time was for Comic Relief  "Sport Relief" where we had an All Stars Race off against the Lindens to raise funds in springy shoes back in 2008.

Rivers Run Red was another SLDEV (anybody remember the 
Immersive Workspaces thing?) plus Electric Sheep and OnRez Viewer project.....oh the memories.   Not everything was successful but what I still remember fondly was how full of hope / ideas there were (regardless of your position on RL companies using SL).   IBM was still a great early adopter with employees using.

From what @Izzy Linden said on the Lab Gab is this more "inward' focused in a way but also still allows for full service SLDEVs.  So anybody whom provides custom services e.g. custom builds, avatar styling - so small projects (so I am guessing payment is possible in Linden Dollars).    It's all up on his Lab Gab with Strawberry.   This sounds like it will plug the gap on Marketplace where you can't list "services" e.g. where it would be a variable payment / quote.

One hope I have is that they think about are solution providers who can be new user mentors......("guides")......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.