You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am wanting to start a BeYou Eatery, but I am running into a problem. Now I am not sure where I should have put this question so sorry if it is in the wrong page or something. I hope there is someone out there that could possibly help me with this so I can continue on with my idea. Anyways, I want to be able to sell the food to customers who come in even when I am not online, but I want it to where they must buy before getting it, but I don't know a way to do so. Now I did think of the idea of boxing up food, but I would like that for to-go foods if at all possible. If there is a way to do this I would really appreciate the help, but I will take other ideas as well! I want to get a move on my project and open. Thank you in advance. 

I can't see a way around boxing things to sell unless you hire staff to roleplay serving someone, taking their money, and handing the items over. However, a box doesn't have to look like a box. It could be a plate from a food display or something like that. You could have an NPC waiter telling them to make a selection from the display or something like that. Same technical stuff, but a different ambience.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I can't see a way around boxing things to sell unless you hire staff to roleplay serving someone, taking their money, and handing the items over. However, a box doesn't have to look like a box. It could be a plate from a food display or something like that. You could have an NPC waiter telling them to make a selection from the display or something like that. Same technical stuff, but a different ambience.

i think, but i'm no scripter, that a buy/rezz/ pick up the item,  script should be possible?
I don't know many examples but thats how i seen many items sold at the bloodline regions in the past.

I'm not sure you will get many returning customers.. when they have your menu, they don't need to come back. and simply rezz a new copy from their inventory ( if no copy they only need to take it up at home to use again)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

i would go with something like this what Polenth says

the basic idea being a display of food. Pastries, cakes, pizza, pies, drinks and similar stuff, all nicely laid out.  There is a animesh serving attendant with an order docket (some kind of display listing items by thumbnail image, name and price)

customer clicks/touches the order docket to begin ordering. Customer clicks/touches the food item(s) which get added to the order docket.  Customer pays the animesh serving attendant and gets the item(s) on the docket

Edited by Mollymews
begin part
7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I'm not sure you will get many returning customers.. when they have your menu, they don't need to come back. and simply rezz a new copy from their inventory ( if no copy they only need to take it up at home to use again)

No worries there.  BeYou food is a consumable -- like the food fed to breedables, but it is food for avatars.  It is all No Copy and when used/consumed the item goes "empty" and may even disappear.

@DaphneF4L - I'd go with what Polenth said, or at least something similar to that.

• Like 2

Cocoon has something like this for their roleplay restaurants. They have an in-game currency; you can buy it with Lindens, but mostly you get it by winning things. If you're a Cocoon roleplayer, you can eat at Kitsune, Gigabites, or the taco place. You click on the plate, get a menu, pay game currency, and gain MP, which helps in combat.

There are tables which display food from a menu. The restaurant in the Brunel Hotel in New Babbage does this very well.

The Silver King diner used to have waitresses on roller skates. That was popular enough that people volunteered to be a skater.

So all the pieces for what you want to do have been done. Whether people will pay for it is a separate issue.

9 minutes ago, animats said:

So all the pieces for what you want to do have been done. Whether people will pay for it is a separate issue.

People doing the BeYou role play already have to pay for food, so I guess it depends on how the OP charges compared to other BeYou food places.  I don't know enough about the RP to know if there are any rules around the food pricing.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, DaphneF4L said:

Hello,

I am wanting to start a BeYou Eatery, but I am running into a problem. Now I am not sure where I should have put this question so sorry if it is in the wrong page or something. I hope there is someone out there that could possibly help me with this so I can continue on with my idea. Anyways, I want to be able to sell the food to customers who come in even when I am not online, but I want it to where they must buy before getting it, but I don't know a way to do so. Now I did think of the idea of boxing up food, but I would like that for to-go foods if at all possible. If there is a way to do this I would really appreciate the help, but I will take other ideas as well! I want to get a move on my project and open. Thank you in advance. 

I know a few people use caspervend. They set up their food/menu in caspervend, you pay for it, then the food is delivered there in the restaurant or they can take it home.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.