Is this alien avatar too "evil" or "strange" looking....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

alien1.jpg?1475785168&key=a89beeafe4c5d9

...to use as a regular avatar?

This is the regular avatar of my "Gopi Passiflora" account. I act "normally" in Second Life (for the most part.) I interact with people as Gopi using most of my "real" personality. I even keep Breedable Fawns as Gopi.

I'm just wondering if you get any sort of dissonance upon seeing my regular avatar (i.e. strange appearance but fairly normal behavior.)

For me, it causes dissonance but that’s because of a purely personal thing.

possibly boring and unrelated story-time: When I was a kid, I had insomnia and had lots of instances of this weird half-awake state where I would see all kinds of things. One was a ‘little man’ who looked remarkably like this, peeking over the side of my bed. That didn't scare me, he was benign and just seemed curious, never stayed long or did/said anything...but it freaked me out when I first saw a picture of a ‘grey alien’, showed it to my mother and said ‘oh look, that’s my little man’. That simple remark earned me years of therapy and a sh*t-ton of very un-fun tests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just wondering if you get any sort of dissonance upon seeing my regular avatar (i.e. strange appearance but fairly normal behavior.)

I've seen weirder and scarier human avatar's than that! 

I even keep Breedable Fawns as Gopi.

Besides, people will just see you as a regular Betelgeusian farmer!

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Read this book.

"A true story"!  ....bloody false advertising I call it! 🙄

• Thanks 1

I interact with people as Gopi using most of my "real" personality. I even keep Breedable Fawns as Gopi.

The question, though, is why Gopi wants to breed fauns -- for what strange purposes could a space alien need a regular supply of fauns in the first place?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I've seen weirder and scarier human avatar's than that! 

Besides, people will just see you as a regular Betelgeusian farmer!

"A true story"!  ....bloody false advertising I call it! 🙄

Truly a story!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

This is the regular avatar of my "Gopi Passiflora" account. I act "normally" in Second Life (for the most part.) I interact with people as Gopi using most of my "real" personality. I even keep Breedable Fawns as Gopi.

If you like it be it......... I see this form a lot of a animated mesh. At clubs and such.. there are a lot of them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hyacinth Hird said:

It is not too evil or strange looking, but it *is* an illegally copied and uploaded mesh from a commercial video game, XCOM.

https://xcom.fandom.com/wiki/Sectoid_(XCOM:_Enemy_Unknown)

That alone should be reason enough that you shouldn't wear it.

If this is true, why has it not been deleted by linden labs?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

If this is true, why has it not been deleted by linden labs?

Because there is only one Linden Lab and it is busy minding its own business.  Linden Lab will react if the owner of the original creation files a DMCA takedown request.  Intellectual Property Infringement Notification Policy

Edited by Ardy Lay
removed stray '
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tarina Sewell said:

Minding their own business or looking the other way. They need to be monitoring these things.  This is exactly why so many creators are leaving SL. Because in all the 7 offices of Linden lab(s) no one is in charge of watching for stolen content. 

Yeah, I do wish Linden Lab would, or is it could?  I fear that they might lose 'safe harbor' status if they tried policing the content that users upload.  If they lose that, then they are subject to lawsuits and damages claims for anything they host that might possibly belong to somebody that doesn't want it there.  DMCA protects the host by making identifying infringing content the responsibility of the original content creator.  Many companies and individuals have provided methods by which observers can provide tips about suspected infringement.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Looks like standard Grey.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, Dhyaanee said:

Was he from your imagination or from the outer limits dimension all around us?

Not sure - that state between sleeping and waking lets you think and see a ton of things and if you are too young for people to have said anything much about it yet, you don’t have the preconceived notions that come after people either dismiss it or call you nuts! Do I think grey aliens visit me in my sleep? Of course not. But do I think this sort of thing is something other than my brain simply playing sleep tricks? Yes. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:
On 5/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, Dhyaanee said:

Was he from your imagination or from the outer limits dimension all around us?

Not sure - that state between sleeping and waking lets you think and see a ton of things and if you are too young for people to have said anything much about it yet, you don’t have the preconceived notions that come after people either dismiss it or call you nuts! Do I think grey aliens visit me in my sleep? Of course not. But do I think this sort of thing is something other than my brain simply playing sleep tricks? Yes. 😉

I don't rule out other dimensions existing alongside our own.  Nobody has proved this does not exist!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.