Tilia Pay to Power USD Transactions in Second Life Beginning May 26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
On 5/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, Micaela Mercury said:

Reading another forum thread I just saw someone saying this "Not correct, sadly. SIM owner account that only converts L$ to US$ to pay the SIM fees, never cashes out, had suddenly to provide ID before being able to sell L$ on the LindEx."  

This is incorrect then?
No need for an ID?
Asking because it took a friend of my 3 whole weeks to get her ID sorted out, and we have sims to pay

Hi Micaela, 

1) There are some situations in which we are required to verify your identity before we can proceed with requested transactions,  most commonly when you request to transfer funds to your payment method.  But there are other circumstances where we may need to verify your identity to comply with regulations.

2) Most ID verification is completed automatically and takes just a few minutes.  In cases where manual followup is needed, it usually takes 24-48  business hours, but can be up to 4 business days if the volume of requests is unusually high. 

3) If you are ever in a situation where you're unable to pay due to a delay on our end, I would recommend reaching out to Support to see if we can help work something out. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ShibariKate said:

ummm that made no sense at all to be honest. and it has nothing to do with my original post which was, if anyone actually read, directly reference Lucia's post,, which has not yet been answered.

It's been answered now.

But I thought Theresa's post made a lot of sense.

You said in your other post you have Paypal.  It would be like Paypal having some third party service we don't even know protecting our monies and our privacy.  A third party service through Paypal wouldn't really have any vested interest in us and could be kind of "scammy" for lack of a better word because it wouldn't be Paypal in this hypotheticial.  So, since I trust Paypal, I want Paypal to protect me and my privacy because Paypal is the one with the vested interest in me.

I understand how this change is a little fearful as I was one of the first people in the world to offer Paypal as a payment option for my auctions on Ebay over 20 years ago.  We were all a little nervous at first because it was "a change"; a different way of handling our money and through the internet...it seemed a bit scary way back then when it started.

However, after our first initial jitters, we all could see the great service Paypal was.  And Paypal took off after a few short months within the first year of it's beginning and has been the best online transfer service.  Others tired to compete but failed because they were junk and only lasted a few months all those 20 years ago or so now.  

I would prefer to have the Linden's protect our privacy as they have a vested interest in us.  A third party I don't even know wouldn't have any real vested interest in LL's clients/user/customers (which ever word to put there?) and that I would not want.  Why would I want some third party kind of thing looking after me whom I know nothing about who they are?  

With Paypal you can call.  With Second Life you can call.  This is real money we are talking about here.  

Also, when I started with Paypal some overseas scam type rip off companies tried to emerge...oh my gawd!  It was horrendous.  If the Linden's didn't take control here...it could be an absolute disaster for everyone because of these oversea's rip off companies.   The Linden's pretty much have to handle it because of con artists in far away countries who try to steal money.  I saw them crop up as I was pioneering Paypal all those years ago and every single one of those died and good riddance.    

Edited by FairreLilette

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

NOTE HOWEVER that there is no check box associated with the "agreeing" part; it is simply a "click and you have agreed" (likly very purposefully that way :D).   So folks not paying attention and not reading the blogs and forums will probably not even notice that they agreed.  

This is considered no legal in some countries. If agreeing option is not made visibly clear then in law cases it is considered to be try for fraud.

That is cause why lately all agreeing with terms and policys aso  in net is made very boldly visible. 

/It is also good for  so that your cat cant agree for you when it sits on keyboard or toddler or what ever bc it can happen/

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

This is considered no legal in some countries. If agreeing option is not made visibly clear then in law cases it is considered to be try for fraud.

That is cause why lately all agreeing with terms and policys aso  in net is made very boldly visible. 

/It is also good for  so that your cat cant agree for you when it sits on keyboard or toddler or what ever bc it can happen/

I agree that should have a check box.

I also wanted to say Re: Third Party Services brought up in this thread - that if the Linden's didn't oversee the real money that flows into Second Life and out of Second Life and it were a third party type of service, all the money of Second Life could be wiped out in a very short time.  The internet is full of scammers.  There is no way I would trust some third party I don't even know to have my banking information.  The Linden's have been in business almost 17 years now and there is no other way unless you want to wake up one morning and find someone has stolen all your real life money and Second Life's money too.

It's the law now and this is the Linden's business so they need to protect their's and our monies.  Joe Jane from Jibip Third Party Service, all our money is gone in 60 seconds.  

Edited by FairreLilette

10 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

I agree with this and it is the same as far as I am aware in Australia. You need to display it and ensure that it is agreed upon by the end user via either checkbox or signature.

Additionally and separately to the above, I would like some clarification as to the clause in the ToS specifically 6.5.VI wherein it states:

"At Tilia’s request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tilia, etc... (VI) Tilia’s use of the information that you submit to us, or to a Provider for use in connection with the Tilia Service". (emphasis mine).

The clarification requested above is in relation to privacy and how this clause seems to contradict its privacy policy, more specifically, holding Tilia to account should their privacy policy be breached accidently or purposely via its heads or employees. This clause in the ToS gives across the impression (and reads as) that should a breach take place and our private information that was given for use in connection with a tilia connected service the end user is not allowed to sue Tilia (due to indemnity) or its parent company (that being Linden Lab) for the illegal distribution of private and person information of its users.

Edited by Drayke Newall

Tillia recently processed a payment of 4.01 USD to Canadian $ at a exchange rate of $1.55. Compare to a typical exchange rate of $1.40 at most (pay pal does better, I think!) and you come up with a 12% rip off factor. 12% additional profit for Tillia / LL. This wouldn't be bad if we could just have them process the payment in USD, it would avoid the usurious additional fee. Tillia should butt out of currency exchange and leave that to the resident's bank to determine the rate, and pay LL in USD. Otherwise this system is onerous for non-US residents! Even when I tried to use my US dollar visa, they processed it in C$. 

Linden Reseach: Quit ripping off your Foreign (Canadian!) customers!

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, Drayke Newall said:

I agree with this and it is the same as far as I am aware in Australia. You need to display it and ensure that it is agreed upon by the end user via either checkbox or signature.

Additionally and separately to the above, I would like some clarification as to the clause in the ToS specifically 6.5.VI wherein it states:

"At Tilia’s request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tilia, etc... (VI) Tilia’s use of the information that you submit to us, or to a Provider for use in connection with the Tilia Service". (emphasis mine).

The clarification requested above is in relation to privacy and how this clause seems to contradict its privacy policy, more specifically, holding Tilia to account should their privacy policy be breached accidently or purposely via its heads or employees. This clause in the ToS gives across the impression (and reads as) that should a breach take place and our private information that was given for use in connection with a tilia connected service the end user is not allowed to sue Tilia (due to indemnity) or its parent company (that being Linden Lab) for the illegal distribution of private and person information of its users.

Just smiling :D.  Thanks for actually reading.  

I had to send them my ID, not that ive done this like already 20 times to LL, i need to buy Lindens to pay my rent, now i cant because i use Skrill as payment method, and i dont know how long it gonna take to be verified. TYSM for all the trouble, and i might get all my stuff sent back due this hassle.  This really sucks so bad, There was not just like an agree to Tos and such, nope u have to send in your ID. pfft

35 minutes ago, muffmuffin said:

I had to send them my ID, not that ive done this like already 20 times to LL, i need to buy Lindens to pay my rent, now i cant because i use Skrill as payment method, and i dont know how long it gonna take to be verified. TYSM for all the trouble, and i might get all my stuff sent back due this hassle.  This really sucks so bad, There was not just like an agree to Tos and such, nope u have to send in your ID. pfft

You don't need to send in your ID to Tilia if you want to buy lindens.  You only need to do that if you want to process credit  ie sell lindens and move them out of SL to your skrill 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, muffmuffin said:

Are you having to send in an ID because of some issue with you Skrill getting verified?  As Cindy mentioned, Tillia normally only needs ID to cash out, but not to buy L$.

As to your rent -- talk to your landlord and tell them that you are having some issues with buying L$ and are working with LL on it.  They might be willing to give you some extra time to pay the rent.

29 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You don't need to send in your ID to Tilia if you want to buy lindens. 

On 5/23/2020 at 12:02 AM, Grumpity Linden said:

1) There are some situations in which we are required to verify your identity before we can proceed with requested transactions,  most commonly when you request to transfer funds to your payment method.  But there are other circumstances where we may need to verify your identity to comply with regulations.

2) Most ID verification is completed automatically and takes just a few minutes.  In cases where manual followup is needed, it usually takes 24-48  business hours, but can be up to 4 business days if the volume of requests is unusually high. 

3) If you are ever in a situation where you're unable to pay due to a delay on our end, I would recommend reaching out to Support to see if we can help work something out. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you having to send in an ID because of some issue with you Skrill getting verified?  As Cindy mentioned, Tillia normally only needs ID to cash out, but not to buy L$.

As to your rent -- talk to your landlord and tell them that you are having some issues with buying L$ and are working with LL on it.  They might be willing to give you some extra time to pay the rent.

nope my Skrill acount got verified long time ago, and now due to the changes i had to send Tilia my ID also.

56 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You don't need to send in your ID to Tilia if you want to buy lindens.  You only need to do that if you want to process credit  ie sell lindens and move them out of SL to your skrill 

well i had to, because it directly sended me to the Verifying page of Tilia, i dont know why that is, its just annoying as hell

45 minutes ago, muffmuffin said:

well i had to, because it directly sended me to the Verifying page of Tilia, i dont know why that is, its just annoying as hell

See the comments by Grumpity Linden that Alwin quoted just a few posts above this.  

Don't just do a Support Ticket, contact Billing to see if they can help expedite things:

Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Toll-free to US and Canada, i really dont wanna call em because it gonna cost a fortune, since i  might have lost already a lot of Money because of that i dont wanna spend more, i will be maybe 15 mins in a call and at the end they cant help me.

• Lindens

Hi Muffmuffin, 

There is a known issue with some Skrill accounts which can be resolved by deleting the payment method from your account and re-adding it.  See: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/ypxmpnf1vm41?u=7m369bw9c1md. If you are still having issues and  it's inconvenient to call the billing line, you can file a ticket in the support portal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, muffmuffin said:

Toll-free to US and Canada, i really dont wanna call em because it gonna cost a fortune, since i  might have lost already a lot of Money because of that i dont wanna spend more, i will be maybe 15 mins in a call and at the end they cant help me.

1 small thing about calling billing: if you have Skype on your phone, and wifi, you can call the toll-free number for free, from anywhere in the world.

I suddenly have  money on Tilia dollar wallet!!!???

I never sold ANY Lindens and i never plan to do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some explanation, I really want bc that kind thing might get me into bad side with mine local tax department. 

It is now really small amount but.....Im now feel very unsecure when i buy Lindens or about time when i need pay for premium.

73ac81b6cb6d729f49542934558f3324.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vihmakass said:

I suddenly have  money on Tilia dollar wallet!!!???

I never sold ANY Lindens and i never plan to do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some explanation, I really want bc that kind thing might get me into bad side with mine local tax department. 

It is now really small amount but.....Im now feel very unsecure when i buy Lindens or about time when i need pay for premium.

73ac81b6cb6d729f49542934558f3324.png

You might find the reason for the 6 cents in your account history; otherwise you'd have to ask Linden Lab. It's easy to get rid of the balance; buy some Lindens and the 6 cents will be used as part of the payment.

5 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You might find the reason for the 6 cents in your account history; otherwise you'd have to ask Linden Lab. It's easy to get rid of the balance; buy some Lindens and the 6 cents will be used as part of the payment.

It smth they call balance adjustment.......but from where and how  it comes- it is unknown to me.No info about it anywhere.

And i wonder how they can adjust dollar wallet balance if i dont have it. I dont use USD at all.

bebe210ebc76ba84135a4c486643d2f6.png

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vihmakass said:

It smth they call balance adjustment.......but from where and how  it comes- it is unknown to me.No info about it anywhere.

bebe210ebc76ba84135a4c486643d2f6.png

It looks like the original charge for Lindens you bought was $15.94 but the actual price turned out to be $15.88. The excess 6 cents you paid is the credit.

You needn't worry about taxes or such. Nobody cares about the balance until it's cashed out. (And you can't cash out 6 cents.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

It looks like the original charge for Lindens you bought was $15.94 but the actual price turned out to be $15.88. The excess 6 cents you paid is the credit.

You needn't worry about taxes or such. Nobody cares about the balance until it's cashed out. (And you can't cash out 6 cents.)

How that can happen if they take money directly from mine Paypal account in real time and currency rate couldnt change in seconds.

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vihmakass said:

How that can happen if they take money directly from mine Paypal account in real time and currency reate couldnt change in seconds.

The rate doesn't need to change. You're actually buying Lindens from other residents who are selling them. They specify what rate they're willing to sell them at. If someone happened to put Lindens up for sale at a better rate than existed when your transaction started, some of your Lindens would come from that seller and the overall cost would be less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

The rate doesn't need to change. You're actually buying Lindens from other residents who are selling them. They specify what rate they're willing to sell them at. If someone happened to put Lindens up for sale at a better rate than existed when your transaction started, some of your Lindens would come from that seller and the overall cost would be less.

hmm...by that logic if they put up one rate and Lindens with that rate end they charge from me more than i was willing to pay without warning?

bc if it works in one way it work for other way too.With bigger sums it could be bit dangerous.

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.