Sign in to follow this  
Milartra

Land use fee for two 1024 parcels

Hello,
I want to buy a parcel next to mine to enlarge my land. My plan is to use two premium accounts which would each give 1024m2 for an owner group.
Occupying a 1024 parcel is free for premium account. If I do that, I would like to know if group members (me and my alt) are exempt from paying land use fee ($7 per month).
Thank you for your help.

yes that works with a group( even including 10% groupbonus, but those size parcels are rare)

3 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

those Parcels are not rare they're just expensive like 50k Linden's good ones

parcels at a size for groupbonusses ARE rare .. nearly all are sized for standard tier levels.

To get maximum use of land, one buys more land, divides off the part they need to fill the group bonus, and tries to sell the rest. When that does not work, it is abandoned.  I hate those small, weirdly shaped land patches with a passion. ☹️

To do this, you have to pay tier for the first month, even if you sell or abandon the rest immediately.

I hate big, weirdly shaped land too, so I do not discriminate. Land shaped like a L or an U or a Z, is so difficult to use.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

To get maximum use of land, one buys more land, divides off the part they need to fill the group bonus, and tries to sell the rest. When that does not work, it is abandoned.  I hate those small, weirdly shaped land patches with a passion. ☹️

To do this, you have to pay tier for the first month, even if you sell or abandon the rest immediately.

I hate big, weirdly shaped land too, so I do not discriminate. Land shaped like a L or an U or a Z, is so difficult to use.

OK. MANY apologies but I thought I clicked on the Linden Home thread comment and somehow did not.  Going to see if I can put this in the correct spot.   I can't remember that ever happening to me before but always a first time I guess. VERY ODD. 

Deleted the post gone astray. To actually comment on THIS idea (which I wasn't going to) I agree.   As mentioned recently I only used the group bonus once in twelve years and did have to pay the first month's tier anyway.  It worked out OK in the end but for me wasn't worth it and it did lead to some odd parcel sizes --- those eventually were purchased and incorporated into some neighbor plots, but many times that never happens.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
wrong thread

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I usually look for either abandoned land, or parcels that have abandoned land bordering them.  Then I calculate the maximum amount I can get for my tier level plus the group bonus, and the put in a request to buy that amount of abandoned land.  There's only been once or maybe twice when abandoned land I requested to purchase was put to auction instead - all the other times, the purchase request has been granted.   

I don't mind oddly shaped land in general, as long as there's a good place to put the house I want to use.