Land use fee for two 1024 parcels

Milartra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,
I want to buy a parcel next to mine to enlarge my land. My plan is to use two premium accounts which would each give 1024m2 for an owner group.
Occupying a 1024 parcel is free for premium account. If I do that, I would like to know if group members (me and my alt) are exempt from paying land use fee ($7 per month).
Thank you for your help.

To get maximum use of land, one buys more land, divides off the part they need to fill the group bonus, and tries to sell the rest. When that does not work, it is abandoned.  I hate those small, weirdly shaped land patches with a passion. ☹️

To do this, you have to pay tier for the first month, even if you sell or abandon the rest immediately.

I hate big, weirdly shaped land too, so I do not discriminate. Land shaped like a L or an U or a Z, is so difficult to use.

46 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

To get maximum use of land, one buys more land, divides off the part they need to fill the group bonus, and tries to sell the rest. When that does not work, it is abandoned.  I hate those small, weirdly shaped land patches with a passion. ☹️

To do this, you have to pay tier for the first month, even if you sell or abandon the rest immediately.

I hate big, weirdly shaped land too, so I do not discriminate. Land shaped like a L or an U or a Z, is so difficult to use.

OK. MANY apologies but I thought I clicked on the Linden Home thread comment and somehow did not.  Going to see if I can put this in the correct spot.   I can't remember that ever happening to me before but always a first time I guess. VERY ODD. 

Deleted the post gone astray. To actually comment on THIS idea (which I wasn't going to) I agree.   As mentioned recently I only used the group bonus once in twelve years and did have to pay the first month's tier anyway.  It worked out OK in the end but for me wasn't worth it and it did lead to some odd parcel sizes --- those eventually were purchased and incorporated into some neighbor plots, but many times that never happens.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
wrong thread

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I usually look for either abandoned land, or parcels that have abandoned land bordering them.  Then I calculate the maximum amount I can get for my tier level plus the group bonus, and the put in a request to buy that amount of abandoned land.  There's only been once or maybe twice when abandoned land I requested to purchase was put to auction instead - all the other times, the purchase request has been granted.   

I don't mind oddly shaped land in general, as long as there's a good place to put the house I want to use. 

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

I wish there was a tool it would show you which areas are abandoned you could turn on

One thing you can do:

When you have the Map open and are viewing one of the mainland continents, click on areas that appear empty.  The parcel name of where you've clicked will be displayed on the map, so if the land is abandoned land, you'll see that displayed for where you clicked.  

• Like 1

You can use "Abandoned" as a key word in a land search, and it'll only show Abandoned parcels!

Detailed procedure:

• Open Search (CTRL+F)
  • If using Firestorm, choose the Websearch tab
  • Click the Land and Rentals tab
  • Click the little View All Land and Rentals link
  • In the keywords box at the top of the window, type Abandoned
  • In the Parameters box on the left, choose Mainland and For Sale
  • Set parameters for parcel sizes, if desired.
Edited by Lindal Kidd

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can use "Abandoned" as a key word in a land search, and it'll only show Abandoned parcels!

Detailed procedure:

• Open Search (CTRL+F)
  • If using Firestorm, choose the Websearch tab
  • Click the Land and Rentals tab
  • Click the little View All Land and Rentals link
  • In the keywords box at the top of the window, type Abandoned
  • In the Parameters box on the left, choose Mainland and For Sale
  • Set parameters for parcel sizes, if desired.

You won't actually get any Governor Linden owned Abandoned parcels that way though.  They are not actually "For Sale" 

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You won't actually get any Governor Linden owned Abandoned parcels that way though.  They are not actually "For Sale" 

True, but the question was "how to find Abandoned land".  Abandoned land is not explicitly for sale.  At one point, shortly after the creation of Zindra, there was so much that LL DID set it for sale, at $L1 per square meter.  However, they're no longer doing that, and selling it through the Auctions instead, a bit at a time.  However, you can still file a support case and request LL sell you some particular bit of Abandoned land.  It helps if you have a rationale for it...it's adjacent to your parcel, for example.

(On second thought, the parcels that show up using the Search method I suggested may actually be for sale!  After all, you're finding them with the "Land for Sale" tool.  I'd better visit a few of them and see...)

Edited by Lindal Kidd

43 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

True, but the question was "how to find Abandoned land".  Abandoned land is not explicitly for sale.  At one point, shortly after the creation of Zindra, there was so much that LL DID set it for sale, at $L1 per square meter.  However, they're no longer doing that, and selling it through the Auctions instead, a bit at a time.  However, you can still file a support case and request LL sell you some particular bit of Abandoned land.  It helps if you have a rationale for it...it's adjacent to your parcel, for example.

(On second thought, the parcels that show up using the Search method I suggested may actually be for sale!  After all, you're finding them with the "Land for Sale" tool.  I'd better visit a few of them and see...)

I teleported to a bunch of the properties.  A few really are Abandoned lands owned by Governor Linden, but they are not actually For Sale.  The rest are regular For Sale plots that have Abandoned in the title or description.  Their aren't enough listings for it to include all truly Abandoned property, so maybe the ones that are now abandoned were very recently abandoned.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.