Katara Spyker

Any good ideas of how to get my boyfriend to join SL?

/me wonders if after 7 years the OP got her bf to joinūüôĄ

Edited by Cindy Evanier
Klytyna beat me to it
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Klytyna said:

Congratulations on your...

SEVEN YEAR OLD NECROPOST!

I didn't see the date until now  :P   Don't let it bite you!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

/me wonders if after 7 years the OP got her bf to joinūüôĄ

Well, if she followed some of the advice given, they might not even be together anymore

B|

• Haha 5

On 5/18/2011 at 11:49 PM, Katara Spyker said:

Hi! My boyfriend is the type who likes puzzles, likes to build stuff, constantly must be entertained, and likes mmos and stuff like that. We've played other games together before, but i've been playing SL for years, and would really like to get him into it! He's not too interested, he's only played once. Any places, ideas, stuff to show him so he doesn't quit right off the bat?

Thanks!!

-Kat :D

tell him about a great game called  ok i forgot what its called but its a game with blocks and dirt and you dig to get stuff an monsters attack you and you get stuff and its a game and it very popular amonst the youngins ok i rembered its called minegrafts its suppos to be the coolest 

• Haha 2

A breakdown of Second Life Forum Necrology:

• On a sunny spring day of '11, a thread is created¬†to ask a question.
  • Several answers from various forumites are given over the proceeding days, weeks, or sometimes months.
  • The thread ceases to receive replies, as either a) the question has been answered, b) the thread derailed horribly, or c) the OP was never heard from again.
  • Several years pass. The thread is buried deep in the forum.
  • Someone, usually with good intentions, answers the OP's question.
  • People come in to point out that the thread is 'dead'.
  • The necromancer flees the lands.
  • People continue to discuss the several years since outdated topic.
  • Quinn happens.
  • A Linden (usually @Dakota Linden) points out that the thread is indeed dead, and locks the thread.
  • Peace, prosperity and progress in all the lands!
  • A new necromancer emerges... And history repeats itself. Again.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hi!  

My first thought was, "I don't even have a boyfriend, how in the world would I know how to convince one to come to SL!".  Then I read the post I was tagged in. 

Nah, I don't close dead threads just because they were dead.  I kinda like horses, usually. :)

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Hi!  

My first thought was, "I don't even have a boyfriend, how in the world would I know how to convince one to come to SL!".  Then I read the post I was tagged in. 

Nah, I don't close dead threads just because they were dead.  I kinda like horses, usually. :)

... Why are horses coming up so much on the forums today? I swear, there's a conspiracy to tease my appetite. I mean. Horses, yay!
Bildresultat för Horse

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, Orwar said:

A breakdown of Second Life Forum Necrology:

It can also happen that a spammer reactivates several long dead threads which then get responses. Once a mod removes the spam, all that's left are the responses and it looks very much like the first remaining one necro'ed the thread. I have no idea how often this happens, or even if it's still going on, but I have seen it in the past.

I haven't seen many talking about this in the forums so I thought it might be worth mentioning :) 

• Like 3