Should the permissions system be revised?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, OptimoMaximo said:

Selling 100 copies and then dealing with 40 support requests because the buyer screwed up the product isn't fun and it's a waste of time. Ignoring them leads to negative reviews or bad word of mouth, so there comes the choice for no mod

7 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Welcome to the world of business. It isn't going to change.

You're welcome to the world of business. Thank you for wording yourself the answer you deserved for me. 

Eta: every business in the world adopts policies and methods to limit support requests to the bare minimum possible. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

You're welcome to the world of business. Thank you for wording yourself the answer you deserved for me. 

Eta: every business in the world adopts policies and methods to limit support requests to the bare minimum possible. 

Did I say one word about no mod? NO. 

You really are full of it.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Damn @OptimoMaximo i thought you were in my team! You just lost at least 10 kyrah respect points!

You do know that a common practice with creators is to simply have an extra "box of backups" with every purchase right?

What team? However, I think you lost track of my comments, let me summarize:

In my puny store, I sell plug-ins, full perms and only 1 thing in both no mod-copy and mod-copy. 

I do modeling work for a small brand, I get my share for my part of the work and let the store owner deal with what it takes to run a retail store ie boxing, pictures, permissions, hud and customer support. 

What I stated in previous comments isn't an endorsement of no mod practices, rather it's listing a bunch of legitimate reasons, not the copybot superstitions, for this commercial practice to exist because I see what the reasoning behind is and I can respect it. What bothers me the most is the attitude against no mod content on behalf of who I call "the all mod fans" trashing the value of anything on the sole lack of mod permissions. Which I would agree with if we were talking about building parts packs for builders that, of course, have no use if no mod. The fact that anything, regardless of item type and end use, lacking mod permissions is talk-trashed and their creators implied to be stupid for the loss of sales they're causing themselves drives me nuts. It's simply not true and based on own personal opinions passed on as truths that the allmodfans endorse each other on the forum. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

What team? However, I think you lost track of my comments, let me summarize:

In my puny store, I sell plug-ins, full perms and only 1 thing in both no mod-copy and mod-copy. 

I do modeling work for a small brand, I get my share for my part of the work and let the store owner deal with what it takes to run a retail store ie boxing, pictures, permissions, hud and customer support. 

What I stated in previous comments isn't an endorsement of no mod practices, rather it's listing a bunch of legitimate reasons, not the copybot superstitions, for this commercial practice to exist because I see what the reasoning behind is and I can respect it. What bothers me the most is the attitude against no mod content on behalf of who I call "the all mod fans" trashing the value of anything on the sole lack of mod permissions. Which I would agree with if we were talking about building parts packs for builders that, of course, have no use if no mod. The fact that anything, regardless of item type and end use, lacking mod permissions is talk-trashed and their creators implied to be stupid for the loss of sales they're causing themselves drives me nuts. It's simply not true and based on own personal opinions passed on as truths that the allmodfans endorse each other on the forum. 

Whoa what? If I'm one of those allmodfans, I was actually referring to building/decor items. And I think there are at least a few others here who don't care about having mod perms on everything.

33 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Whoa what? If I'm one of those allmodfans, I was actually referring to building/decor items. And I think there are at least a few others here who don't care about having mod perms on everything.

There are some things that should be no mod such as certain scripts. Most things though, need to be mod, including mesh clothing. There is no reason I should not be able to adjust the positioning, especially with hair. I should not have to adjust my head/shape every time I change outfits. The rest is just the creator stroking their own ego. Some of them have huge egos.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are some things that should be no mod such as certain scripts. Most things though, need to be mod, including mesh clothing. There is no reason I should not be able to adjust the positioning, especially with hair.

Good luck with repositioning rigged items. It is simply inherently not possible even if the permissions would be full perm. Have you ever wondered why a pair of shoes go to the intended body part even when you attach them to the head? Size and position is written the the rig data and you can't do anything about it, which is the reason for the fit mesh introduction, to resize items along with avatars. 

On the other hand, non rigged items that are no mod can be repositioned and rotated on the attachment point, just not scaled. 

1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

As probably you haven't noticed even though I stated it repeatedly, I personally sell full perm things in my store and plug ins for creators. What I create for a small brand gets me a share on the revenue and I don't care what the permissions are when the store owner sets them. Be they mod no mod copy trans no trans... I don't care. I see the reasoning behind it and respect it. What I can't stand is the trashtalk being done against those reasons and the lack of respect thereof. 

Please read what I wrote in the previous posts, I'm not against people wanting moddable stuff. The allmodfans crowd I refer to is people who trashtalk things for being nomod in the first and only place (ie no mod = lost sale from me) . You clearly don't belong to such group since you state that you don't care to have everything mod, an allmodfan does.

Edit: exactly in the post you quoted, I state

"What bothers me the most is the attitude against no mod content on behalf of who I call "the all mod fans" trashing the value of anything on the sole lack of mod permissions. Which I would agree with if we were talking about building parts packs for builders that, of course, have no use if no mod."

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Good luck with repositioning rigged items. It is simply inherently not possible even if the permissions would be full perm. Have you ever wondered why a pair of shoes go to the intended body part even when you attach them to the head? Size and position is written the the rig data and you can't do anything about it, which is the reason for the fit mesh introduction, to resize items along with avatars. 

On the other hand, non rigged items that are no mod can be repositioned and rotated on the attachment point, just not scaled. 

Did I say anything about rigged mesh? No.

Did I say anything about changing attachment points? No.

Was my post directed at you? No. 

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Did I say anything about rigged mesh? No.

Did I say anything about changing attachment points? No.

Was my post directed at you? No. 

So what? It's a discussion thread, post here and expect people to quote and reply to your statements, especially when making a point that doesn't hold up, misleading other possible readers to think they may be able to adjust the hair or clothing in every possible instance if they chose to purchase a moddable item. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

So what? It's a discussion thread, post here and expect people to quote and reply to your statements, especially when making a point that doesn't hold up, misleading other possible readers to think they may be able to adjust the hair or clothing in every possible instance if they chose to purchase a moddable item. 

I neither said nor implied anything of the sort. 

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I should not have to adjust my head/shape every time I change outfits.

Oh nevermind. No matter what you will still say I'm wrong even though you don't have the first clue as to what I am talking about.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Oh nevermind. No matter what you will still say I'm wrong even though you don't have the first clue as to what I am talking about.

What are you saying, and implying?

I think you're wrong, even though I don't have the first clue as to what you are talking about.

See how that works? 😹😻

1CFE1386-D1B4-4C67-8E18-AAC242E03525.jpeg.466294fa8c0252df2eb8b392cb11a2b7.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Yeah, sure. Indeed:

7 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Most things though, need to be mod, including mesh clothing. There is no reason I should not be able to adjust the positioning, especially with hair.

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No matter what you will still say I'm wrong even though you don't have the first clue as to what I am talking about

Right, whatever

• Haha 2

Should the permission system be revised? No. Absolutely not. Right now it works fine and has been fine for years. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This game has enough problems with out them messing with stuff that already works fine as it is. Let them fix the shirt that needs to be fixed. If they work on the fixed stuff they'll fork it up in the long run and it'll be worse. The grid is already laggier then it ever was before they went changing how the back end worked. Every single time something that worked perfectly fine gets tampered with it goes to snot in a snow cone. Just leave it be. lol Back slowly away from the computers with your hands up and don't try to fix jack. lol 😎

9 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Please read what I wrote in the previous posts, I'm not against people wanting moddable stuff. The allmodfans crowd I refer to is people who trashtalk things for being nomod in the first and only place (ie no mod = lost sale from me) . You clearly don't belong to such group since you state that you don't care to have everything mod, an allmodfan does.

I did read your posts. I just misunderstood based on your tone that's all.

14 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

I did read your posts. I just misunderstood based on your tone that's all

no problem. This is one of the issues of text based communication. As humans we're geared to associate words to voice, and it's easy to assume a tone that can totally flip one's actual intentions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.