Marketplace - Redelivery option on version update?

Lillith Hapmouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hola, not sure if I ever used that feature before, so just to make sure that the redelivery option on the MP is meant to work the way I suppose it... should:
you buy version 1, the creator releases an update and posts, "OK folks, get version 2 from a redelivery!", you happily hit that redeliver link on your purchase history and you'll get the updated item. Yes, no, perhaps so far?

And if v1 keeps coming in, something's wrong, I suppose. 

Bonus: it's a gifted item for an alt and I'm hitting the redelivery link in my shopping history, so they keep getting v1.

And no inworld shop available, it's either sale events or MP for that brand.

Though I do have a feeling that general SL wonkiness (... group notice dates 🙄...) might be at work.

2 answers to this question

Assuming version 2 is the exact same listing and not new/separate one, then if creator updated content of their MP listing, then redelivery via MP should get you an updated version. Some seems to forget or don't want to bother with each update, though, and only update their caspervend listings (so see if that one also has one maybe). Just a couple days ago I got myself some new furniture, which was marked as v1.1, upon rezzing it sent me a box with v1.2  through casper updater, but I just checked now and MP listing still has v1.1 in content tab.

If the brand does not have an in-world store, and the creator told people to get the new version through re-delivery, I would contact the creator.  Perhaps they forgot to do whatever needs to be done in their MP settings to have the re-delivery deliver the updated version. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.