Firestorm Crashes - Possible Fix

AkisaYui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone ^^

- I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this post, since it's about the Firestorm Viewer, but I hope it's okay.

My Firestorm Viewer has had multiple hard crashes (the OS dies as well) every day for a very long time now and across multiple versions of FS. And I haven't been able to find a solution online so I thought I'd make a post about this possible fix.

I tried different settings, drivers, computers etc. and that didn't make any difference, except that surprisingly the crashes only happen when FS is running in windowed mode. When switching to fullscreen mode they disappear completely. I have no idea why that is but I've tested it in fullscreen mode for a week now with zero crashes (That's completely unheard of for me). Then I tested windowed mode again and bam it crashed twice within a day like it always does in my case.

So the short version: If you're having daily crashes with the Firestorm Viewer = Try running FS in fullscreen mode. It sounds stupid, but it really works in my case.
(The setting is in the graphics settings and you'll need to restart Firestorm in order to switch to fullscreen mode.)

PS. Just to be clear the Official SL Viewer is stable in my case with any settings. Switching to that would also solve the problem. I just prefer FS is all.
Q: Wait you've been using the Firestorm Viewer even though it's been crashing every single day for months and months?
A: Yes I have, and that might mean that I'm a bit nuts, but I really like that viewer. It's got so many wonderful options ^^

Have fun everyone.

Edited by AkisaYui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.