RUDE or DIRECT GUYS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

I'm asking if you send them an actual distressing image, say of graphic violence or abuse or something obscenely disgusting, or if you just Rickroll them or something. 

If you think I lowball when it comes to entitled men then you're thinking wrong. rockroll is so 8th grade.

1 minute ago, MissMagicCakes said:

If you think I lowball when it comes to entitled men then you're thinking wrong. rockroll is so 8th grade.

Having never encountered you before until about five minutes ago, I can assure you I think very little of you. But I'm asking if you send actual graphic violence or something equally offensive and distressing, or just a picture of a very fat bottom or something. You seem to want me to think something about you, so go ahead and keep informing my opinion.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Having never encountered you before until about five minutes ago, I can assure you I think very little of you. But I'm asking if you send actual graphic violence or something equally offensive and distressing, or just a picture of a very fat bottom or something. You seem to want me to think something about you, so go ahead and keep informing my opinion.

I honestly don't care what you think about me, nor do I care what any of you think about me. your random dick pick is distressing and disturbing to me, so you're only getting what you deserve.

but hey, keep sending random women on tindr and other virtual platforms your dick and calling them a ***** when you don't want anything to do with you. im sure that'll totally work out for you mr niceguy. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

so go ahead and keep informing my opinion.

As a man, I know this is womanese for "you've been dismissed!" (take my word for it).

....Oh Sh*t!  😬

Edited by Dano Seale
advice given too late!
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, MissMagicCakes said:

I honestly don't care what you think about me, nor do I care what any of you think about me. your random dick pick is distressing and disturbing to me, so you're only getting what you deserve.

but hey, keep sending random women on tindr and other virtual platforms your dick and calling them a ***** when you don't want anything to do with you. im sure that'll totally work out for you mr niceguy. 

Well, you know. Supply and demand.

I very very rarely get rude IMs. When I do, I'm with all those who just stay silent. Replying to an unwelcome advance with what you deem to be a witty response just hands them the win. If I respond at all, it might be with constructive criticism. Sometimes I sense loneliness on the other end and offer a little compassion.

I don't like put-downs. When I do deliver one, it's usually in defense of another person, or an idea. I rarely feel the need to defend myself. If I do, I've usually made a mistake and offer an apology.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

As a man, I know this is womanese for "you've been dismissed!" (take my word for it).

Close enough.

So this person does indeed send shock site pics to people on the internet. With the sassiest and noblest intentions, obviously, like all people who share such content. I guess there isn't much we on here can do about it but hopefully enough of the recipients will know how to use the AR function. 

39 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I very very rarely get rude IMs. When I do, I'm with all those who just stay silent.

Yes, on a serious note this is usually what I do, unless I'm really in a foul mood, but I'm rarely on SL when I am. I don't think it's necessarily handing them a win if you reply - when I do try to wind them up, I usually manage it pretty well, and occasionally the feed line is so perfect that to waste it would be criminal - but it's not usually what I came on to SL to do and I'd rather get on with what I had planned. If it's an obvious neg (as if there's any other kind) then no response is the best response you can give them. They've already decided that they prefer hostility over what they usually get, which is radio silence, so giving them their worst outcome is the only move. John Nobhead is a proponent of negging too, so take what you will from that.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Just tell them you are a man called Bob

Yep, that one works for me...

I remember being at an info hub (Bear) on time, on a blonde female account - arguably more attractive than this one, but hey ho - and a random man came up to me and said "Do you want to see a photo of my d1ck", and I replied, without missing a beat "Do YOU want to see a photo of MY d1ck?" He RAN!

(The only Dick I actually had was a pet cockatiel actually, but he was very photogenic.)

SDC10632.JPG

Edited by Marigold Devin
To show everyone how photogenic my Dick was.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

Since becoming open with my Non binary identity and ditching the pixel boobs the  weird ims have dried up allot. Thankfully.But before then I would usually  either ignore or do some light trolling depending on my  mood. Not enough to get my banned. But  enough to give them the picture that their random ass  attemptings at bumping pixel uglies wouldn't work. 🤣

Depends on my mood and whether or not I'm hosting at the time.  If I'm hosting I look at their profile see how long they've been in SL and treat them accordingly.  Sometime I play the role of coach and tell them how I would respond if I weren't working, encourage them to be more clever, to start with neutral subject and look for commonalities etc.  If I see that they are just  hitting every one in the club I warn them that I will have to kick them out if they harass people. Sometimes I flirt.  Like I said it depends on my mood. If I'm really busy and/or they are very rude, I boot and ban them, then I write up a notecard to let the owners know what happened. 

If I'm not working I generally just ignore them.  If they persist I mute and derender. 

• Like 2

To be honest I enjoy sparring.  I try to reason with them. I offer my advice. That rarely goes down well. Haha.

I'm always polite. My parting shot when necessary is...."If that's what you want, I'm not the one"

Usually only used on guys who demand sole rights as my top guy. /shrugs.

Why would they ever think that would work?

Although "Why haven't you got a right Master" was my favourite come on line.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ZoeDuvall9 said:

How do Forum-ites deal with Male AV/s who are just plain RUDE - 'love your breasts', or DIRECT 'you need a good seeing to, and I'm your guy'?

[words here are toned-down a little!]

What are you favourite put-downs? What shuts them up?

What shuts them up the best? A good block.

• Like 1

*On Jenna* to normal guys- "Look mate, you seem like a pretty decent kinda guy so I'll be honest with you....so am I. Let's drop this ok?"

To t**t's - " Sounds like fun. Will you be paying now or when we get to your place?".

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Usually just ignore it unless I am bored then I might play with them a bit while they embarrass themselves.

Yas Queen! Way more fun to troll them a bit instead of blocking. 😆

I see it as providing a free education service. And also hope it means I'm sparing someone else from the displeasure of their unsolicited attention. 

• Like 4

Well there is a vast difference between rude and being direct.

It's actually good for people to be direct - get to the point and avoid the pointless platitudes so you can move on with your SL. This however can be considered as being rude by some people from certain countries when it is not at all rude simply because they are used to all the pointless platitudes that people say without really meaning or listening to.

Rudeness of course is best responded to with nothing at all.

Edited by Jet Dallas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

You know what though?

Some women must like that sort of thing. If it didn't work at all, these guys would stop doing it and try something else. 

Yeah, no. Cuz those men are not thinking with their mind, but with their... nevermind. 😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

You know what though?

Some women must like that sort of thing. If it didn't work at all, these guys would stop doing it and try something else. 

No, I don't think it's that there are women who like it, but there are some women with very poor boundaries or low self esteem, and they will engage on some level that isn't aimed entirely at merely irritating the guy for their entertainment. I've seen the odd poster on here sharing their exchanges with horrible people, in cases where I personally would have simply walked, no humour to be had there. They aren't enjoying it but they're sufficiently offended to respond without enough self-awareness to retain control of the situation. And for these guys, that's good enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jet Dallas said:

Well there is a vast difference between rude and being direct.

It's actually good for people to be direct - get to the point and avoid the pointless platitudes so you can move on with your SL. This however can be considered as being rude by some people from certain countries when it is not at all rude simply because they are used to all the pointless platitudes that people say without really meaning or listening to.

Actually I wish guys would be more direct. If sex is what they're after, I wish they'd open with that, instead of "Hi, how r u?" Just say "Hey wanna sex?" right from the start. Then I know right away to block and mute, instead of wondering in vain if he actually wants some kind of conversation.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.