non-binary. I need a friend.

syrup37c

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, BeautifulXu said:

what are cisgender people? what are binary and  non-binary people? it sounds mathematical but I think it's sexual.

The term “cisgender” refers to people whose gender identity and expression matches the biological sex/gender they were assigned when they were born. I think that's an OK definition that many would agree with, and it describes people like me. 

Non-binary does sound like a computer term, I agree. Outside the gender binary, does that work? Genderfluid? I'm not an expert, just a straight emphatic guy. And "sexual"... well gender-based or something like that is a better word than sexual as I see it, in so many contexts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

The term “cisgendered” refers to people whose gender identity and expression matches the biological sex/gender they were assigned when they were born. I think that's an OK definition that many would agree with, and it describes people like me. 

Non-binary does sound like a computer term, I agree. Outside the gender binary, does that work? Genderfluid? I'm not an expert, just a straight emphatic guy. And "sexual"... well gender-based or something like that is a better word than sexual as I see it, in so many contexts.

how long can we keep disgendered texts?

we keep

I am in an asian influenced group of non-binary friendly people and I myself am non-binary in Australia. Feel free to contact me in game. We have a small club where we hang out and watch Kpop videos on saturday evenings9-11pm SL time, and we are as patient as the rocks in a river. We speak mainly english, and you are free to use a translator as much as you want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

more labels and assumptions......   good luck. You will need it with that attitude.

oh "dont label," yet you are not open minded enough to accept someone who is just introducing themselves? 

When looking for people that share common interests, our best bets are to be specific. 

Too old to understand terms? Proceed to bash people? Google! Pretty sure the information age is here to help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I was not asking for that conversation, I was not asking for definition. I am a pretty accepting person in whole about people. Whatever form they present themselves I do not judge or care. I was just offering to be a friend..

There are many things in life that people can gather a friendship about that has nothing to do with how you identify. Music, Art, Food, Sailing, Collecting..  

But Beth is right . You are looking for something specific because of your own reasons and someone like me just offering honest friendship is not something you want.

But back up a bit, I actually never asked you about it.... I said I did not know. I was not asking for a explanation. You just assumed..  😉

I am personally just not a label kind of person...  Except if you are a bad person or a good person. That is all that matters to me.

Okay, let's take a look at what your initial reply actually said:

On 5/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I am sorry I am old and not up on what these terms are..... when you start labeling people and isolating I get confused.. Can't a person just have a friend and not have to worry about labels?

1) If you say you don't understand a term, wouldn't it be logical for them to define it for you?

2) What part of the OP involved isolation and limiting the type of person they were looking for as a friend? It was describing them, possibly to pre-filter out people who wouldn't be interested in a friend with those characteristics. Then the said they were looking for someone who would be on at a certain time and who was interested in a range of things - in other words, exactly what you said they "should have done."

3) How was your asking a question an offer of friendship?

• Like 5

On 5/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

Can't a person just have a friend and not have to worry about labels?

Especially here in SL, whatever gender is behind the computer is irrelevant really. And whatever gender or species or whatever is represented by the avi is what we should accept the person as.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Especially here in SL, whatever gender is behind the computer is irrelevant really. And whatever gender or species or whatever is represented by the avi is what we should accept the person as.

That can be true for a lot of people. But some trans/nonbinary people come to SL as a way of managing dysphoria and connecting to people as themselves in ways they might not get to in RL. It's nice that a lot of SLers are pretty chilled about gender presentation, it really is, but sometimes that sense of our genders being irrelevant or unimportant isn't what we come here for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would like to say first off, congrats on posting so much about yourself on a platform where so many people have vast opinions (whether they are kind or not) and trying to be confident in that. If you need someone in SL, feel free to message me anytime. <3

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, Talligurl said:

Valid point. It's great to people not caring who's on the keys and generally being accepting of others, especially how today's world climate is... There's waaaaay too much hate. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:18 PM, LexxiXhan said:

That can be true for a lot of people. But some trans/nonbinary people come to SL as a way of managing dysphoria and connecting to people as themselves in ways they might not get to in RL. It's nice that a lot of SLers are pretty chilled about gender presentation, it really is, but sometimes that sense of our genders being irrelevant or unimportant isn't what we come here for.

Also agreed that it's wonderful that people needing to connect to who they really are have SL as a platform... While I myself am a cisgender heterosexual male, I have plenty of RL friends who are trans or fluid. And each one of them has had issues in meatspace that could have potentially been helped in SL. 

Love is Love. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I am sorry I am old and not up on what these terms are..... when you start labeling people and isolating I get confused.. Can't a person just have a friend and not have to worry about labels?

You can google the terms, so that comment is silly.

The op was talking about itself, your term of isolating is judgmental, so get over it. The op is just looking for other people who are similar. Why is that threatening to you?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:16 AM, Extrude Ragu said:

I think the mentality going on here is probably going to make going through life very difficult for you.

We're just people. Nobody really cares that much if you have a male part, a female part, or you have a male and want to name yourself like you have a female part. Your life isn't going to end if someone gets your identity wrong. Loosen up, go out there and talk to people :)

How about you loosen up and let the op talk about itself the way it wants to. 

On 5/20/2020 at 12:11 PM, Extrude Ragu said:

I think that you come across as quite unfriendly. You appear to talk down to the reader and make broad assumptions about their knowledge, intelligence character and position in life which is the same issue I was highlighting with my original quote.

You are correct. The op assumed you had a functional brain, and google. Clearly that was incorrect.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:28 PM, Extrude Ragu said:

I'm not drawing conclusions. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't know, and that the first impression you've given on the forum doesn't appear to be a good one to me.

You seem to have a laser focus on this forum post. I have to wonder if there is some insecurity you have that is causing this.

I will create a group for transgender/non-binary if anyone wants to join. I need two other people to join to be able to create the group. Please don't not join because you aren't in the same time zone as the op. Let's build a community.

I have a platform so I can make a clubhouse for the group.

I am not myself, but a mom to a transgender son, so I am a huge supporter of this community. You can look at my profile pick about my son to see my feelings about it.

Please IM me if you are interested. 

Annabell Wandsworth

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, Annabell Wandsworth said:

omg

You must mean this as hateful, since you are clearly on a computer, and I'm sure have heard of Google.

yes i'm on a computer and yes I heard of google. but I didn't mean anything  hateful.. 

On 5/19/2020 at 3:34 AM, Tarina Sewell said:

I am sorry I am old and not up on what these terms are..... when you start labeling people and isolating I get confused..

Google, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Microsoft edge, even SL has an internal browser. 

I THINK you can get some help from there.

Edited by shiviex
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.