You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi There!

So I'm having problems with connecting my flickr to my SL. 

I tried to follow along with the steps but when I clicked the (connect) button... Nothing happened.

The steps mentioned I would have to re-verify my yahoo.. But I never received the pop up or window to do so.

Can someone help me?

Yours Truly,

Princess 🌺

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Do I really have to add that the API is broken for everyone, not just for selected individuals?

Thank you. I love a well wielded bit of sarcasm when it is needed. This made me laugh. It is the only thing on the Forum today that did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes i have same problem linking to Flickr via the Comm tool on FS and get the "Problem connecting to Flickr" message when trying to "Share" to Flickr.  It is too bad that SL Linden Labs is not supporting the Flickr connection, since many bloggers are directly promoting events and vendors i.e. advertising for MP and vendor purchases which equal a revenue stream for SL Linden Labs.  This seems like a channel they would be eager to support for all SL users.  I would hope a fix was in the works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Suzette Saenz said:

Yes i have same problem linking to Flickr via the Comm tool on FS and get the "Problem connecting to Flickr" message when trying to "Share" to Flickr.  It is too bad that SL Linden Labs is not supporting the Flickr connection, since many bloggers are directly promoting events and vendors i.e. advertising for MP and vendor purchases which equal a revenue stream for SL Linden Labs.  This seems like a channel they would be eager to support for all SL users.  I would hope a fix was in the works.

I suspect that this is more of a flickr api issue instead of LL being at fault. Also it's not really causing any issues whatsoever for "bloggers" as most manipulate images in 3rd party tools or with filters and then edit the descriptions before actually posting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/17/2020 at 7:01 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Do I really have to add that the API is broken for everyone, not just for selected individuals?

No, I felt a huge sense of relief knowing that the issue this time was not me being stupid the first time you said it, Thanks so much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:54 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

Hey guys, I've heard that some uses have had troubled uploading snapshots direct to Flickr. Does anyone know if there's an issue with the Flickr API?

I havent heard anything yet, let me try and post a snapshot from SL...

Nuts, looks like I'm having that issue as well. Lemmie try with an alt. 

Nope, still there. Is anyone else having this issue? Is LL aware of it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The upload to flickr has been broken for several days and LL are not going to fix it. https://jira.firestormviewer.org/browse/FIRE-29553

Basically they have to devote developer time to fixing the upload each time flickr, twitter etc change their api and that takes development time away from - developing. Not to mention having to respond to tickets raised when those sites change their API and the upload breaks through no fault of LL.

Save to disk - upload to flickr manually.

Edited by Jet Dallas
  • Like 4

Flickr pro comes with an app which automagically uploads from specified folders on your HD to flickr, sets them to private so only you can see them. You can then edit, and whatever then make public. Oh and you of course have no image limits.

Just now, Maddie Margulis said:

Having Flickr Pro doesn't have any bearing on uploading pics direct from SL to Flickr whatsoever, which is the problem. 

"The Problem" is solved by *gasp* saving the Snapshot to Disk to upload manually/through the mentioned Pro tool or to Send to E-Mail (if Flickr allows for it).

The above is how it was done before the feature to send directly to Flickr was added into the Second Life client - a 'feature' added in during an era when Linden Lab was trying to add in hooks to/emulate varied Social Media platforms (a mistake).

The removal of the varied Share To functions (the ones that kept breaking at any rate) from the client ought to tell you all you need to know: They're not going to fix it. Move on.

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

"The Problem" is solved by *gasp* saving the Snapshot to Disk to upload manually/through the mentioned Pro tool or to Send to E-Mail (if Flickr allows for it).

The above is how it was done before the feature to send directly to Flickr was added into the Second Life client - a 'feature' added in during an era when Linden Lab was trying to add in hooks to/emulate varied Social Media platforms (a mistake).

The removal of the varied Share To functions (the ones that kept breaking at any rate) from the client ought to tell you all you need to know: They're not going to fix it. Move on.

gee ya pounced on that right quick!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

What LL (and all the other viewer developers) really need to do is remove the Flickr option from the viewer.  Thus all future confusion will cease.

Great idea but it seems that Firestorm are somehow going to manage to shoehorn it into their next release thus increasing the confusion. I went flickr premium anyway because I can afford to and it throws them a few $ to keep the wolves (Google or even worse Facebook) from the door.

Edited by Jet Dallas
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:56 AM, Maitimo said:

What LL (and all the other viewer developers) really need to do is remove the Flickr option from the viewer.  Thus all future confusion will cease.

It was removed from LL's viewer since Version 6.3.5.533275 (last December), and capability to connect server side over a couple of server deploys (only recently). 

It won't be removed from Firestorm, as we will just use the code we used prior to LL's implementation of Share. For those interested, the next release of Firestorm, Flickr will connect again. (Don't ask me when; I cannot say. Not even for all the cupcakes in the world.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But but but... having to save the image first and THEN manually uploading to Flickr? ZOMG! That is toooooooooooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard. Must. Have. Instant. Gratification. Of. All. Things!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Must. Have. Instant. Gratification. Of. All. Things!

Points a laser pen at the floor and traces it across the room.

• Haha 4

On 5/25/2020 at 1:15 AM, Willow Wilder said:

For those interested, the next release of Firestorm, Flickr will connect again. (Don't ask me when; I cannot say. Not even for all the cupcakes in the world.)

Wow, you guys really stink! 😛  No one even tried a cupcake bribe. I'm so disappointed. 

But guess what? Even without cupcakes, Firestorm's new release is now available with Share to Flickr. 🙂 

Firestorm Update 6.3.9.58205!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.