RP Translator script help. D:

Lily Kanashimi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I haven't the slightest clue as to how to go about writing a script for an RP Chatter (I.e. an object worn that, when you type with /4 instead of /me, it displays your post in green text with an RP name that isn't your SL or Display Name) that substitutes words from an NC dictionary listing both a word in English and its translation into a fictional language. Specifically, it'd want it translatable onto to someone else who is wearing a copy of the object and only to translate the words between Quotation marks, denoting it is spoken. 

I'm not sure how to do this, let alone if it is even possible. Can anyone offer an insight?

If we're talking proper translation, you would most likely need to make some HTTP requests to some web-server that will do the translation for you.

If we're talking those very simple translations where characters are substituted (eg. "Hello!" -> "Vyjje!"), you can just reverse the process depending if the message is heard from a user or object.

14 minutes ago, Lily Kanashimi said:

Not character, but more like words. Can a Script actually catch a word found in the NC dictionary and translate them into a specified replacement word?

Yes. You could use llParseString2List to split messages and search for each word individually with llListFindList in some larger list of words.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

• 2 weeks later...

arg!

i have something like this in inv somewhere... 60k inv, cant find it!

it's like, an rp speech converter, from like zorgon to something lol ... mebbe its on Ferd's or the script library...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.