Mac - Camera Settings Problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having issues with resetting my camera preferences. Not sure how they got so out of control.... Here is a link to the thread I started in another section. Hoping a Mac person can help. I have reinstalled the viewer several times but it did not resolve the issues. I have also tried many of the suggestions given here by Natales.  I am still, however, not at optimal viewing settings and it is giving me quite the headache. Thank you in advance. 

Although it's called Side View in the camera control, the debug settings are CameraOffsetGroupView and FocusOffsetGroupView. If your side view is messed up, reset those to default. In Firestorm, you get a list of every debug setting that matches your search term, so search for "frontview", "rearview", or "groupview" to find the pairs of settings. In the LL viewer, you'll have to start typing the full setting name, entering enough of it to get a correct match.

• Like 1

Thank you, Madelaine. Clicking on default has not fixed my situation, unfortunately.  Which means something else must be the root cause of this problem.  I have reinstalled the viewer several times and no change. I might consider downloading firestorm.....

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Can you post a screenshot so it might be easier to fix?

Screenshots are here in this thread.

1 hour ago, Rudegerus Osterham said:

Which viewer are you using?

Also, when you uninstalled the viewer, did you also trash the ~\Application Support\Firestorm, or ~\Application Support\Second Life folders? Copy them to your desktop, delete them, and re-drag out the client from the DMG file.

Rudegerus, I did not do as you have outlined... will try that... I figured something like this was going on but no idea how to address it..... This will take me some time to try and fix. Will work on this and update later.

4 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

One of the current Release Candidate viewers is specifically focused on an improved set of camera controls, including a way to save and quickly switch between multiple settings. 

Try it out

Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Congratulations - You've done the ONE thing that will get me to go back to using the LL viewer! I was talking to @Quartz Mole about this very thing just last week, and here it is! 

I like having a different cam setting for every type of vehicle I use... horse, boat, car, airplane, walking, and it's also been so aggravating to have to go into the debug settings and change it manually every single time. 

I'm going to name my first child after you*!

*I'm 50 and there will be no children. I could name a cat after you, though...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

One of the current Release Candidate viewers is specifically focused on an improved set of camera controls, including a way to save and quickly switch between multiple settings. 

Try it out

I did see this last night but hesitated to try it.  I will definitely do this today to see if it will solve this problem. Judging from Beth's post, it most likely will. (crossing fingers). Thank you, OZ!

6 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

Try it out

Oz, I am happy to report that downloading the camera presets did the trick. While my graphics are still a little off, I can finally see from a much better perspective in all views.  Thank you to all who posted suggestions and how to links.  While this problem was annoying, I definitely learned a lot these past few days which I am grateful for.  :) 

Thank you, everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I WANT ONE!

Have you ever witnessed a "weasel war dance"? I've watched 'em do that on the snow in my back yard. It's a joyous experience with an often deadly ending, but sometimes it's just joyous...

ETA: The entire Ozzy series is a hoot.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.