HUDs "dying" one after the other

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am experiencing a very strange thing, never happened before in my SL.

In less than two days, four different HUDs, plus a mesh head, just stopped working, not changing no more, not responding to clicks. I can only attach or detach them.

The menu option "Refresh Attachments" doesn't help at all. Resetting scripts, when possible, doesn't help.

I had no crash; no other strange things happened. I don't wear more than 2-3 huds at the same time.

This way I lost (and I had to replace with copies) an AO hud; a Catwa hud; a Maitreya hud; a tracker hud; and a mesh head. Every object always worked well so far. They basically appear as "frozen", they can't be clicked no more.

What is happening?

3 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

When that stuff freezes, do you relog?

Not immediately. I tried everything, I made some tests. Then yes, I relogged. 

Today I cleared inventory and viewer cache. I logged back in, I reloaded all. And nothing changed.

I've also been having HUD troubles, particularly with the Maitreya Lara HUD. It might freeze, remain visible after it's detached, vanish will still attached, behave partially (some panes work, some don't), or work fine. This behavior seems region dependent, terrible in some places (like my new home) and fine in others (Ivory Tower or The Far Away). I suspect it's a matter of server loading/lag.

A relog or teleport usually clears things up for me.

1 hour ago, Sonia Yeu said:

Resetting scripts, when possible, doesn't help.

That usually means that the scripts have had a fatal script error (often a math error such as division by zero). In Modifiable objects, you can "Set Scripts Running" or even recompile them (choose Mono for simplicity), which should work if that's the problem.

In no-Mod objects, blame the creator for being stupid and superstitious, then get that redelivery; there's no other option.

But indeed: "What is happening?" This used to happen a lot, back when it was easy and popular to "orbit" innocent passersby using a nasty Physics trick. Having it happen now, however, and often, and to a variety of HUDs... that's unusual. I wonder if it could be a bug in a recent simulator release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've also been having HUD troubles, particularly with the Maitreya Lara HUD. It might freeze, remain visible after it's detached, vanish will still attached, behave partially (some panes work, some don't), or work fine. This behavior seems region dependent, terrible in some places (like my new home) and fine in others (Ivory Tower or The Far Away). I suspect it's a matter of server loading/lag.

A relog or teleport usually clears things up for me.

Madelaine: I know that, here it is usually fixed by the menu option "Refresh attachments". The same for Catwa animations hud.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.