Does the lack of new regions mean that new Linden Homes are suspended?

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have all seen the announcement that Linden Lab has paused selling new regions because their stock is depleted.  Can we assume that this implies than no new regions will be added to the Linden homes continents for the foreseeable future?  Having flown over the western extension recently, I can see that there is still some scope (SSxxx named regions) for extension though.

i would think most probably. Oz Linden did say in another post that Linden have some server space to cover for emergencies but I think that's about it

from what Patch Linden said also, I think LDPw are going to finish building out what they have, and then the Mole team is moving over to start tidying up old mainland

Edited by Mollymews
Patch

37 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

Can we assume that this implies than no new regions will be added to the Linden homes continents for the foreseeable future?

I asked about this in the forum thread about this post..  Maybe someone from LL will respond, maybe not.  I don't think it makes a lot of sense to speculate a whole bunch.  Things we know include:

> They're not willing to provision new servers until the cloud migration is complete.

> They won't be selling whole regions until they can provision new ones.

Here's one thing we don't know:

> Did they reserve a certain number of regions for new LH development, before freezing the sale of whole regions?  That might make sense.  It would be nice for LL to be able to retain as many of this surge of new accounts as possible, and one powerful tool to do that is to lure them into beautiful, but very dense, LH housing.  I think it's very likely that individuals who purchase whole regions usually do not parcel them up in such a way as to make 20 new accounts happy.

Here's another thing we don't know:

> There's always a certain amount of attrition going on with regions; just peruse the Grid Shepherd's site.  What will LL be doing with already existing regions that come available?

Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

We still have a good many regions out there that will be going through the usual decorate and release process which will keep us busy, we're hoping, through this time.   So I do not yet anticipate that we will completely run out of regions to release for a couple of months, which may require us to pace ourselves a bit.   In the meantime, we're still developing the next themes at full speed ahead.   🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 21

• Moles
3 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Is that twenty past four, or the 20th of April ? :P

(Inhales deeply...)

Erm..  yes... probably.... what was the question again?  I  feel hungry all of a sudden.   Must be getting on for tea time.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Haha 13

57 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

(Inhales deeply...)

Erm..  yes... probably.... what was the question again?  I  feel hungry all of a sudden.   Must be getting on for tea time.

I've always wondered about some of the names these LH regions get. I'm going to start thinking of them as the "420 regions". 

• Haha 9

Don’t know how it pertains to the lack of new regions, but. The north east Meadowbrook land mass has, or did have, a line of about 21 empty regions across the northern border. About 18 or so of them are now missing, have they been used for new regions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Don’t know how it pertains to the lack of new regions, but. The north east Meadowbrook land mass has, or did have, a line of about 21 empty regions across the northern border. About 18 or so of them are now missing, have they been used for new regions?

Sounds like a good idea if so, much better return on private regions.

Watch out for the phantom land nibbler!

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Sounds like a good idea if so, much better return on private regions.

Watch out for the phantom land nibbler!

Before the new themes came out, I'd always hoped to catch a house on Wingrove, as it's next to Cape Ekim (the Dragon quest), plus there was a public swimming pool. 

But I wonder if the phantom land Nibbler might be the person who is always sitting in Guy Linden's home 🤔, but you're not allowed to talk to her 😕 so I was too scared to ask her 😀

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.