Limit buy Linden's not received

KekeMm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Chances are pretty good that you set an asking price that was unreasonably low, so nobody is desperate enough to sell at that price.  Remember that the LindeX is not a market.  It is a currency exchange.  You are trading with other SL residents like yourself, so when you use the Limit Buy option you are hoping that some other resident(s) will be willing to meet whatever price you offered.  If not, you could wait until the end of time.  I suggest canceling that order and placing a new one at a better price or, better still, using the Market Buy option until you are more familiar with how the LindeX works.

• Like 2

The link you posted is the only resource to tell you - luckily, no one else except support can read your Lindex order history.

Like Rolig said, the rates might be slowing down the transaction, not enough volume at offer for that value... guess work from here.

If you need L$ rather quickly, try to lower the suggested L$/$ by 1. So if the form puts it at, say, L$ 260, manually adjust that to L$ 259 and so on. That should usually put you at about 10 minutes waiting time and still give you a slightly better deal than direct buy.

Plus, always try to plan ahead and buy larger sums at once. The added transaction fee for every single order will kick in less annoyingly.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

Keke, that "estimated time to fill" is often wildly inaccurate.  I never believe it at all.  Remember, it's not reflecting something like order processing time.  You've made an offer to buy at some specified exchange rate.  The market must both reach that rate, and stay there long enough to fill all the orders at that rate that are ahead of yours, before your order will be filled.

I use Limit Buys and Sells...but I always place my order at the first one or two open order levels*, and I'm prepared to wait up to a week.  If I find I can't wait any longer, I'll cancel my open order and make a Market Buy, or Sell.

*To see open orders, scroll the page down.

2 hours ago, KekeMm said:

Hello, yesterday morning I bought $22 US worth of Linden's at 9:30am using the Limit Buy option, it is now the following day at 7:45am and I still have not received the amount I paid for, it has been well over the 19 hours it said it would take to fill my order. Where are my Linden's??https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/history.php

For the most part, any time estimate over about 10 minutes really means 'very likely days or weeks or never".

As suggested by others, change the price point or use the Market Buy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.