Cars - Luxury Convertibles?

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I've been dabbling in the automotive community in Second Life for a while, among many other things; mostly classic cars as well as all sorts of nice modern vehicles I can find.

I'm looking for luxury convertibles; most of the convertibles I find are either high-end performance supercars like Ferrari or Porsche, or classic cars, which I have plenty of, if not just normal, average vehicles that aren't particularly prestigious.

I'm looking for things like a BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi or Lexus; cars that are more about luxury than performance. There seems to be many sedans and other vehicle types, everything except convertibles, which I prefer because my avatar is very tall and often clips through the roof.

Also, I know I'm getting into supercar territory again, but where are all the Aston Martin and Bentley convertibles?

If anyone can point out to me some vehicles, I would greatly appreciate it... ❤️

- Charlotte Sinclair 

Aston Martin.jpg

Mercedes Collection.jpg

Lexus.jpg

Bentley.jpg

Edited by LottaSinclair

FYI it is against the terms of service to upload and name models for specific brands so you will not find (hopefully) many people advertising. Your best bet is to go look around inworld. Search is a great tool and exploring is fun. 

Good luck.  

PS. BE SURE AND LOOK AT THE CARS FROM A DISTANCE AS MOST WILL FALL APART BADLY (often it is that the "maker" has no clue really what they are doing). So find someone that does (and there are quite a few of those) :D.  

47 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

FYI it is against the terms of service to upload and name models for specific brands so you will not find (hopefully) many people advertising. Your best bet is to go look around inworld. Search is a great tool and exploring is fun. 

Good luck.  

PS. BE SURE AND LOOK AT THE CARS FROM A DISTANCE AS MOST WILL FALL APART BADLY (often it is that the "maker" has no clue really what they are doing). So find someone that does (and there are quite a few of those) :D.  

Thank you, Chic Aeon 😉

I certainly didn't intend to violate the terms of service; merely to give a better idea of what I'm specifically looking for. I understand that you're not supposed to use real brand names and model names when selling your products (although quite a few do it anyway);  I thought merely mentioning specific models for specific brands without the intent to advertise, infringe copyright or to deceive others wouldn't be against TOS, since quite a few people mention specific brands and models in chat in-world anyway, as well as in the description section of their product pages, and even in their product image, where they clarify exactly what their vehicle is supposed to represent from their real-world counterpart by mentioning the exact real-world brand and model name, whilst maintaining the fake placeholder name they've given their vehicles. But I guess when posting on the forums it definitely counts as content, subject to trademark infringement rules. 

I made the title generic just to avoid putting in real-world car names, but I thought I would go into more detail in the actual post.

I haven't had any luck finding many vehicles in-world; exploring places and talking to people... just picking up neat things that happen to exist and I like, but nothing I'm looking for specifically. It's not easy finding anything in particular; I always turn to the forums when I haven't had any luck in-world and on the marketplace, and that's usually where I find what I'm looking for.

I'll edit my post accordingly.

Edited by LottaSinclair

@LottaSinclair  Didin't mean to suggest that YOU were breaking the TOS by asking, just explaining that while someone might actually hand model a car "in the theme of" a popular car -- they are not supposed to CALL it a "Ferrari" etc. This was even in a text that those wanting to upload mesh had to take (many years ago - it is gone now).  

And yes, folks break the rules all the time and don't get in trouble with is -- well, troubling LOL.    Good luck on your quest. 

• 6 months later...

I know it is an old thread.

I am looking for the same thing. In addition I am looking for cars which are realistic to drive in SL. I just recently bought a cheap Jeep (around 300 L$) and its horrible to drive.
I know I can't expect a high end build for that sort of money and I am prepared to spend more.

Also some vehicles tend to behave weird when sim crossing. I did see in a video that the best cars use a system called GEMC. No idea if that is true.
Can somebody point me to a good in world brand selling cars that one can actually drive.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Caroline Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.