MP scams: Payment went through, got empty box, LL removes negative review

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got scammed on marketplace after making the payment (not gacha reseller item) and getting an empty box with a script in it that essentially sums down to these words, "haha f you". So I left a negative review for this scam warning others to not buy this and the "seller" (if they can even be called that) promptly flagged my review and somehow got LL to remove it. Of course being a shady person like this there was no way I'm getting a refund from them. Thankfully it wasn't an expensive item so I'm not going to waste more brain cells on this, but I'd like to know what is LL's objective in defending people like this and screwing paying players? This is part of the ToS? The seller can do whatever they want with zero repercussions and the buyer is completely at their mercy in terms of the item they receive?

what we are supposed to do in these situations is to report the product to Linden, not as advertised. When we do then Linden will take it down until the merchant remedies the problem

the reason is that not every merchant who has stuff missing from their box do this on purpose. More times it is a simple mistake, which the merchant will remedy when it is drawn to their attention, either from their customers directly (IM/PM) or by Linden removing the not as advertised product from the Marketplace

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

what we are supposed to do in these situations is to report the product to Linden, not as advertised. When we do then Linden will take it down until the merchant remedies the problem

the reason is that not every merchant who has stuff missing from their box do this on purpose. More times it is a simple mistake, which the merchant will remedy when it is drawn to their attention, either from their customers directly (IM/PM) or by Linden removing the not as advertised product from the Marketplace

That's exactly what I did in my review. And they flagged it, and LL removed it.

They definitely did this on purpose because nothing else would explain that script that was left inside. If they didn't do it on purpose they would've responded to the 3+ notecards/IM's I sent and the box would'be been either completely empty, or contained a LM or something.

Melody, I understand that marketplace can be super frustrating sometimes

by report I mean that on the right of the screen is the reporting link:  Flag this item.  On the Flag page pick Item Not As Advertised - Incorrect Listing Category

Incorrect Listing Category as a empty box advertised as say a dress, is incorrectly listed

flagging a item is the procedure for policing items on marketplace. The review system is not

24 minutes ago, MelodyClone1 said:

That's exactly what I did in my review. And they flagged it, and LL removed it.

They definitely did this on purpose because nothing else would explain that script that was left inside. If they didn't do it on purpose they would've responded to the 3+ notecards/IM's I sent and the box would'be been either completely empty, or contained a LM or something.

It happens. It happens often. It has been happening since there WAS a Marketplace. The system is far from perfect --- and that includes from the seller's side also.   

Here are a couple of hints that might help in the future. 

Did the seller have an INWORLD STORE?   Did you visit said store?  Did you see the item or get the demo?  

We (the old timers and not so old timers) say this again and again.   I have personally never had an issue but I don't buy on the Marketplace often and 90 percent of the time I only buy if there is a demo to see.    So chalk it up to lesson learned and maybe some other folks (new most likely) will read this and learn something.    

PS. If you read posts in the Merchant forum you can see that the other side of this problem has been going on and not fixed -- again for a decade or more.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MelodyClone1 said:

So I left a negative review for this scam warning others to not buy this and the "seller"

The way you word your review, even if the product is a literal scam, can cause the person looking at the flagged review to remove it.

They must go through a ton of flagged reviews/products daily, mistakes can happen and two wrongs don't make a right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.