Pink objects

TannerSUNDAY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Do you know how can be solved the issue with the pink objects?

Some of the items are recolored to pink, even body parts like hair, some add ons menu too, but no visible icons, only pink color.

I use Firestorm browser. Before I used Second Life Viewer, but now it won´t open. Installing works fine, but then the browser don´t start.

I don´t know if it´s because of Windows7 I am using.

Something about my PC:

AMD Phenom(tm) II X 4 840 Processor (4 CPUs), 3.2GHz

4096MB RAM

Graphic card: AMD 760G

I know it´s old and not suitable for using this, but it worked without this pink issue, so I like to know if you think it can be solved without 

changing PC or Windows version.

Thank you

12 hours ago, TannerSUNDAY said:

Thank you guys for all your advices. For now, I can not solve this the way you suggested.

I tried other viewers. Only Singularity works and removes the pink issue, but most of avatars are not visible, I see only names and hair.

Can this be solved by some settings?

If someone of you use Singularity, are there the graphic settings like by other viewers?

I made some settings changes in previous browser trying to solve the pink issue. I am not sure if the graphic or advanced preferences are for Second Life

or for the specific browser you use. I mean the changes you made in settings affect only the browser you use or remain valid in any browser you try?

Most machines that run Win7 can be updated to Win10.  You can Google for can my computer run Win10. You can test your machine before attempting an upgrade.

The update is free but tedious. And you may still have problems. I recently updated a set of machines for a client from 7 to 10. All older ASUS machines. All of them updated with perfect installs but one. A PCIe driver on that one had no suitable driver, But, I couldn't find anything that did not work and the unit seems fully operational.

You will need to Google for how to instructions. It gets complicated. It is a bit simpler to update to Win8 and 8.1 then to 10. It is time consuming. But, most of the help online is the 7->8 and then the 8->10. If you search long enough you may find the 7 to 10 instructions. 

In the end, if you time is worth anything it may be cheaper to check eBay and get a refurbished or used computer.

Singularity has a problem getting you to the correct version to download. Join the Singularity Viewer group to get the lastest info on which version works best. It sounds like you got an Official version. Seems like all of those are out of date. The current versions for daily use are the Beta versions and often the nightly builds that most devs class as alpha builds are the only fully function version. 

This is the download page: http://www.singularityviewer.org/downloads

They have changed it since my last look. They now have Beta/Nightly out where the average person can find them. The (8382) number in the version number is the important number.

Singularity has settings for everything that other viewers have. When it comes to setting the system's settings for Singularity, you set the operating system's (OS) graphics for Second Life more than for the viewer. AFAIK, there are no special requirements for Singularity.

When you change the OS settings that affects EVERYTHING on your computer. You can set up game profiles in the video card's controls that change your system on the fly and revert back to normal when you exist the game. To give you a specific answer you have to be more precise.

Settings within the viewer affect only that specific viewer. You can have the Linden Viewer set one way, Firestorm another, and Singularity yet another way.

I used other browsers before and been able to change the graphic settings when I tried to solve some issue.

In Singularity I can not find such settings or something it can be changed related to issue I wrote.

Most of avatars are not visible, I see only names and hair.

Is it possible to chnage this by changing some settings?

2 hours ago, TannerSUNDAY said:

In Singularity I can not find such settings or something it can be changed related to issue I wrote.

In the main graphics settings preferences tab there's a checkbox for custom, check it and you'll get more options. Make sure basic shaders and hardware skinning are checked.

singularity_001.jpg.6c188d0844cf78a9e050de8b1acd37e8.jpg

3 hours ago, TannerSUNDAY said:

Thank you. And do you have some tip what can I try to change? I mean I have no idea what can be related to this issue. Do you?

The usual suspects are basic shaders and hardware skinning. They should really be on.

If replacing the computer isn't in the cards, I would at least put a better video card in it. The chip in it is really, really bad and is holding everything else back.

I just saw this thread.

Your system has this bug: VWR-29357 - Scene is mostly pink with viewer update- 3.3.4 (262321) July 26, 2012 - ATI cards

This pink world happens on systems with AMD/ATI  graphics, when your graphics drivers are very out of date.

If your system is OEM, it may have locked OEM drivers, which means that you will only be able to update your driver directly from the laptop manufacturers website. You can use the AMD driver autodetect tool to update your drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-56 if you are not sure which is the correct driver for your card. This autodetect tool should also tell you if you need to update the driver from your PC makers website instead.

Once your driver is updated, this problem with most things looking pink should be fixed.

If you are having problems getting your driver updated, then aother workaround used to be to Basic Shaders under Me -> Preferences -> Graphics -> Advanced.
However, since EEP, you can no longer disable basic shaders.
If you use Firestorm Viewer, you are still able to untick Basic Shaders in graphics preferences though  (for now).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.