You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

sex drives a hell of a lot of the creative side of SL, and to ignore that is to have half a conversation.

This is the truth. We don't have to like it, we just have to work with it. Want it to change? You have to include sex in the discussion. Full stop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh you sweet summer child... If you want this to be all about you, I strongly suggest that you start an actual blog where you can control  the comments.

You may, of course, continue on with this thing, whatever this thing is, here but you won’t be able to stop people commenting in whatever way they feel it is best to respond.

The forums are a lot of things, but they aren’t an echo chamber.

You know who she reminds me of? Samanthaprater. Who appears to be in "rehab" for the second time in less than 6 months. It was all about her, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't see her as a troll at all. And perhaps the "HIM" represents something rather than being an actual person.

It better not be Kent Hovind :|

Yes he is no doubt one of those strange type of Christians who thinks all sex is bad    :(

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes he is no doubt one of those strange type of Christians who thinks all sex is bad    :(

That' s not his worst trait. He' s  a Young Earh Creationist even.. the worst kind of Christian.

ETA : Sex is natural .. Sex is good .. and my own business entirely .. also here .. so eff off whoever thinks what of it.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't see her as a troll at all. And perhaps the "HIM" represents something rather than being an actual person.

I dunno. She specifically came out and said "no HIM" when asked repeatedly what it's about.

As to being a troll... our mmv.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most references indicate that they are written either way, with each method having a slightly different meaning.

I thought the three dots indicate something missing and the four dots are for an end which is not an end.  The four dots meaning "to be continued".

I will need to check up on it.

Yet I think some of the odd way certain posts appear on forums is because of texting.   Because of those small texting keypads on phones being difficult to work, people stopped using punctuation plus put weird things to indicate one sentence moving to another, such as even slashes /   Example:  I went to the store / the bank was closed / how are you feeling?   Weird kind of writing came out of the texting age plus a lot of abbreviations.  

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why would one do this? Everything we seek outside ourselves never brings total satisfaction. We seek for a myriad of things that seem like they'll provide a kind of solution. Surely that cookie will do it, or more money, or getting that attractive partner to desire us. Yet once we get those things they provide relief for only so long before becoming hollow, and we are faced with our emptiness and then begin searching for that next 'thing' to complete us.

Entering into this dynamic with awareness, with a significant other, can bring this dynamic to light in significant ways and further growth if both parties have that as the goal. The 'growth' in this case is the ability to be more creative in life.

This is very deep.  

Does it have a name like existentialism or any name in particular?  Not that you are speaking about existentialism; I'm just using it as an example name.    

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

stuff

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is why I don't grammar nerd often. Every effing time I do, I do something stupid. Every. Time. (I'm just cracking up here.) I see in my initial reply to Kali that I misspelled effing ellipsis! sigh

Instant karma is a b1tch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TDD123 said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That' s not his worst trait. He' s  a Young Earh Creationist even.. the worst kind of Christian.

I would have a hard time deciding which perversion of Christianity is worse -- the Young Earth science deniers or the Dominionists seeking to inflict their brand of religion onto the US, politically.

I would have a hard time deciding which perversion of Christianity is worse -- the Young Earth science deniers or the Dominionists seeking to inflict their brand of religion onto the US, politically.

I can pick for you : the first, because they want their nonsense taught at schools in favour of the science students require. That' s teaching by ignorance. No society can profit from that.

ETA : So I hope you understand I was not all in favour of what the OP tried to point at. Is the OP really going to TELL us we should accept the divine in her and HIM in SL and lay down our sins ? That' s a VERY thin line to t(h)read.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This is the truth. We don't have to like it, we just have to work with it. Want it to change? You have to include sex in the discussion. Full stop.

This. I get that sex in SL isn't for everyone, and I respect that, but you can't deny the impact sex has had on driving creativity in SL. RLV is the first example that comes to mind, though I can't remember if the adult side of RLV came first, or the other, but it's used for all sorts of things now that have nothing to do with sex, and that's awesome. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:
43 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why would one do this? Everything we seek outside ourselves never brings total satisfaction. We seek for a myriad of things that seem like they'll provide a kind of solution. Surely that cookie will do it, or more money, or getting that attractive partner to desire us. Yet once we get those things they provide relief for only so long before becoming hollow, and we are faced with our emptiness and then begin searching for that next 'thing' to complete us.

Entering into this dynamic with awareness, with a significant other, can bring this dynamic to light in significant ways and further growth if both parties have that as the goal. The 'growth' in this case is the ability to be more creative in life.

This is very deep.  

Does it have a name like existentialism or any name in particular?  Not that you are speaking about existentialism; I'm just using it as an example name.    

Most of it is part of various theories related to self-actualization, in both Psychology and various spiritual traditions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This. I get that sex in SL isn't for everyone, and I respect that, but you can't deny the impact sex has had on driving creativity in SL. RLV is the first example that comes to mind, though I can't remember if the adult side of RLV came first, or the other, but it's used for all sorts of things now that have nothing to do with sex, and that's awesome. 

One can use their creativity in creating sex props, true -- I don't think our OP ever said you can't. She's only stated what she, personally, wants to use SL for now.

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

The adult side came first. I actually learned more about RLV, working on the FS support team, than I ever wanted to know. It has become one of (if not the) most useful tools in SL for a large part of the residents. I don't use it myself but I certainly don't begrudge others their use of it. RLV isn't just for anyone though due to it not being the "safest" tool to use. That's just the nature of how the beast started out. Had RLV started out simply as a tool without any of the sex stuff, I don't think it would have been nearly as successful. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:
51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

stuff

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is why I don't grammar nerd often. Every effing time I do, I do something stupid. Every. Time. (I'm just cracking up here.) I see in my initial reply to Kali that I misspelled effing ellipsis! sigh

I don't grammar nerd much.  Hell, I don't even grammar well, much of the time.  I'm the one that adds dashes to break up my thoughts, rather than taking the time to figure out if it should be a period, comma, or semi-colon. 

I do tend to overuse ellipsis sometimes, so it was an interesting convo, especially when you mentioned the separating spaces, which I had never heard of before.  Thus, new knowledge - had to go look stuff up.

• Like 4

Isn't a troll someone who isn't serious in their posts and only seeks to bug people?

Yup. And not only is the OP difficult to digest just wtf the point is, the reactions she posts to people who are making reasonably, nice responses would indicate she is not interested in discussion, and she's only interested in her own opinion (which she did come out and say), etc. I do think you can be an intentional troll, and we all know those types, who come in and type something just to bug people and to sit back and watch the stuff fly, and there are unintentional trolls who may come in thinking one thing but acting totally differently... like a troll. Either way, I think this person is showing herself to be a troll, and of course ymmv. Such is the nature of opinions vs facts. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yup. And not only is the OP difficult to digest just wtf the point is, the reactions she posts to people who are making reasonably, nice responses would indicate she is not interested in discussion,

Difficult to digest, yes, but I don't think most on this thread made reasonable, nice responses -- quite the opposite.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Difficult to digest, yes, but I don't think most on this thread made reasonable, nice responses -- quite the opposite.

They were there. They were treated badly. Dropping this now, as I'm not going to argue about the trollishness of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The adult side came first. I actually learned more about RLV, working on the FS support team, than I ever wanted to know. It has become one of (if not the) most useful tools in SL for a large part of the residents. I don't use it myself but I certainly don't begrudge others their use of it. RLV isn't just for anyone though due to it not being the "safest" tool to use. That's just the nature of how the beast started out. Had RLV started out simply as a tool without any of the sex stuff, I don't think it would have been nearly as successful. 

I'm only learning how to paint on textures right now and it's not easy.  The main creator's can make it look easy, but easy it's not.  I've worked 12-hour days on a few projects.  

But, to those mentioning sex and creativity, do you mean for SL?   Well, we know sex is a large part of SL.  But once we enter a relationship that is demanding of our time and energies, our creativity time can become a battle.  Our significant other may want most of our free time and attention.  I have experienced this battle for time in RL when dealing with creativity and a relationship.  My relationship always won out until things settled a bit and then I'd structure my time to have my art when I could.  

Balancing a relationship and art is not easy.  The mechanics of making certain things work for the SL avatars is more a part of a need for a virtual world.  Yes, it's a kind of art and creativity but not so much as other kinds of art that are made up off the top of our head.  Though it's said art is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.  Art is a lot of work period.   Balancing the two, in my experience, is very hard.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You might be interested to know that there are Lindens and Moles who were hired when they were residents and their special talents involve all those dirty things that you want to pretend don’t exist.

*cough* Mousy ears..*sigh*

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You might be interested to know that there are Lindens and Moles who were hired when they were residents and their special talents involve all those dirty things that you want to pretend don’t exist.

What did she say to give you the impression that she thinks sex is a dirty thing, and that she wants to pretend it doesn't exist?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.