You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Um. What? Just, what? on so many levels. So, you wrote a story/journal using words, and you don't think words, your words in particular are worth talking about? Then why post? "To share ideas?" Um, those ideas are presented as those pesky words again. So. What?

That sounds like a spam threat. Just sayin'.

I don't think you know how the Forum works. As far as anyone "following" you, I just looked at your profile and it would appear that approximately zero are following you. Some people have *read* your posts, and as far as I can tell no one is taking you seriously, and all are failing to see this great revelation of which you write--with words.

I think you mean "any" readers.

If this is more about you than us, then... why post? Flexibility in "our" understanding? LoL, what? A little self-awareness might be nice.

As far as I can tell from your original words (yes, those pesky words again): You think that some people show up in SL just for (gasp) le pixel sex! Uh huh. Alert the media. This has been discussed to death since about 2003. And fwiw, if you want to be taken seriously, those pesky words matter. It isn't bad wrap, it is bad rap. What you wrote refers to a leaky burrito. 

But then you give us the big, alert the media, news that some people come into SL for other things. Again, this is obvious and has been discussed to death since 2003. Giving the group a special title like "Realistic Dreamers" is just... so what? It means nothing. It is just some term you made up to describe people who do stuff in SL. Btw, hate to tell you this, but created stuff to enable pixel sex is probably the largest generator of $L. 

So, you don't think any of those productive dreamers ever has pixel sex too? Hahahahahaha. 

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

It is clear you have a little bit of a problem regarding sexuality, and have a little too much concern for what other people do or don't do.

You have not espoused anything new, anything exciting, anything thought-worthy here. Yippee for the continuations, though...

All the mean girls in the yard, say:  "Um!!" ...

This one post, has generated more activity then I ever would have dreamed possible.  All the haters, that have come forward, would have been more effective … had you all simply said nothing!  Here is to having shaken up the little sleepy wasp nest that was your existence up to now!  Your RUDENESS and lack of hospitality, of some, … is absolutely stellar, award winning even!  Judge on!  *Stay well, stay safe!' 

Edited by LittleBittieOne
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Your RUDENESS and lack of hospitality, of some, … is absolutely stellar, award winning even!  Judge on!  *Stay well, stay safe!' 

We're not all running with the same pack as you pointy already know. welcome to the Forum!..here's a warm, tasty Welcome Pie!.....Enjoy!😘

people-pot-pies-35322.jpg

Edited by Sassy Kenin

41 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

All the mean girls in the yard, say:  "Um!!" ...

This one post, has generated more activity then I ever would have dreamed possible.  All the haters, that have come forward, would have been more effective … had you all simply said nothing!  Here is to having shaken up the little sleepy wasp nest that was your existence up to now!  Your RUDENESS and lack of hospitality, of some, … is absolutely stellar, award winning even!  Judge on!  *Stay well, stay safe!' 

So you came to the forums to cause a stink.  Stay well, stay safe too.  

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as mean boy i also say; Um!

Yup …. figures!  

1 hour ago, Sassy Kenin said:

We're not all running with the same pack as you pointy already know. welcome to the Forum!..here's a warm, tasty Welcome Pie!.....Enjoy!😘

people-pot-pies-35322.jpg

That's funny!  Cute … but I could/would never deprive you and your pals of it!  Thanx … Enjoy!  🙂

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Okay!  I could have blocked responses to my post … but I didn't. 

Once again ... just like you didn't understand how "followers" work ... you don't understand that actually ... no...you can't block responses to your post... It is impossible... This is not a blog... In a blog... you could... Here... although... at times we all probably wish we could... you can't...

I don't need your permission to continue nor discontinue.

... this is correct ... you don't ... neither does anyone to comment ... that's how this forum thingie works ...

I am by no means a child! 

... !

There is no HIM because I was not permitted to continue … this was just a start … interrupted!  🙂

Um... What...? There's no... HIM? Well... gosh ... That's almost like we've been trolled this whole time! ... Who knew? ...

PS... Perhaps there is trouble in comprehension on your part because of ... our lack of using ... your preferred method... of... punctuation...? So... I've been trying to speak ... in your native ... tongue ... in this comment... yw... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's honestly what I was expecting next. I don't think the OP is that sophisticated in the trolling, though.

Lady Gaga also mentions a "capital HIM" in her lyrics, I think. What I don't get is the self-congratulatory "back-patting" in the follow-up post. "Wheee, I made a post and people actually replied!"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

OP used a lot of nonsense to make their brabbling look interesting.

All there is to add is, "Der Ville war da", which happens to be an insider based oin the lead singer's name. 😄

They used a lot of tags, too. An obvious sign of Spam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You might be interested to know that there are Lindens and Moles who were hired when they were residents and their special talents involve all those dirty things that you want to pretend don’t exist.

I think the "them" she is referring to in her OP are outsiders who view SL as just a world of residents looking for pixel sex.  There have been threads I've read where women don't even want to receive IM's because they get a little sick of being asked for "too much", "too soon".  SL can be a rather forward place and lack romance quite a bit when sometimes an avatar would just like to dance not be asked "do you want to....."

But, I wanted to write something off topic in regards to what Beth wrote here.  The rumors...the rumors of the rich and famous in Second Life.  I heard a rumor that the first resident who invented "the slex bed" became a millionaire as he had a monopoly on the first slex bed for quite some time.  Once others began to figure out how he made the bed, the SL market was then flooded with them.  So, apparently that rumor could be wrong.  I thought it possible when I heard it.  

In some ways I think the OP was misunderstood but she wrote a lot in her opening post.  

I was wondering if she was trying to dispel the myths of Second Life being just a pixel sex world in her first paragraph and that there is a vast world to SL?  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So true, so true

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's fun. We don't know what the hell's going on.   lol

It's a lot to read in the opening post...but she also didn't say residents who never have pixel sex...she said those who aren't "focused" on pixel sex.  A lot of us aren't.  In my experience, I am either open to it or I am not.  Attraction is a very mysterious thing.  It just happens when you least expect it.

Although I wrote to the Op, I don't think our sex or lack of sex has much to do with creativity.  Creativity is not something anyone can turn on or off like a faucet.  Creativity is a very mysterious thing too.  It just sort of "happens".  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LittleBittieOne said:

There is no HIM because I was not permitted to continue

What stopped you?  I assume you'll say that the comments by others stopped you, but why?  Why not just ignore them and continue on?  

And why did you feel the need to open a second thread? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

How has no one ever corrected me? I know I absolutely overuse ellipses (ellipsis?) but in my defense a period seems so final and most of my thoughts actually do just trail off into something else (in my head)....

That's why I use them too....  To be honest, I didn't learn this in school like we were all supposed to. As a former juvenile delinquent, I missed most of high school (long story that I'm unlikely to elaborate on)....  I read it in some forum somewhere when somebody 'splained it.  I took it to heart, looked it up to be sure that they weren't just blowing smoke up some body orifice, and practiced a bit to make sure I had it down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

That's why I use them too....  To be honest, I didn't learn this in school like we were all supposed to. As a former juvenile delinquent, I missed most of high school (long story that I'm unlikely to elaborate on)....  I read it in some forum somewhere when somebody 'splained it.  I took it to heart, looked it up to be sure that they weren't just blowing smoke up some body orifice, and practiced a bit to make sure I had it down.

(And Kali quoting Beth about the use of ellipses.) I over-use them, for sure, but not nearly as badly as the OP. Fwiw (and this is a bit of a troll :) comment), not only does the ellipse (ffs) ellipsis only have three dots, but there is supposed to be a space between each dot . . . thusly.  I rarely see anyone do that, but a day or two ago lil Miss Perfect @Scylla Rhiadra did, in some comment, somewhere, and I was duly impressed. And yes, if it comes at the end of the sentence, you put a period after . . .. Like anyone does that, either. Don't you hate grammar nerds, especially ones that routinely are lousy at it? (Don't even bring up comma splices, 'cause I am the queen of that faux pas!) (Also for the last few years, I seem to have forgotten noun/verb agreement.) (Not to mention parenthetical abuse . . ..)

Edited by Seicher Rae
lol punctuation & then lol because I misspelled ellipsis! ffs
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JanuarySwan said:

I don't think our sex or lack of sex has much to do with creativity.  Creativity is not something anyone can turn on or off like a faucet.  Creativity is a very mysterious thing too.  It just sort of "happens".

I am still pondering over what this "HIM" is. Perhaps the OP is seeking a creative partner?
I have seen this dynamic in Self-actualization circles, particularly among the monastics. One has an exclusive other, and there is a sense of 'romance' with this partner, but the goal is to never consummate those feelings sexually.

Why would one do this? Everything we seek outside ourselves never brings total satisfaction. We seek for a myriad of things that seem like they'll provide a kind of solution. Surely that cookie will do it, or more money, or getting that attractive partner to desire us. Yet once we get those things they provide relief for only so long before becoming hollow, and we are faced with our emptiness and then begin searching for that next 'thing' to complete us.
Entering into this dynamic with awareness, with a significant other, can bring this dynamic to light in significant ways and further growth if both parties have that as the goal. The 'growth' in this case is the ability to be more creative in life.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

The big story here is that I HAVE BEEN MISUSING ELLIPSES (ELLIPSIS?) FOR FIFTY YEARS.

How has no one ever corrected me? I know I absolutely overuse ellipses (ellipsis?)

It is ellipsis - with an i not an e near the end.

Ellipse (with an e) is a mathematical thing.  Whereas, ellipsis (with the i) is the grammar thing.

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

not only does the ellipse only have three dots, but there is supposed to be a space between each dot . . . thusly.

Most references indicate that they are written either way, with each method having a slightly different meaning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is ellipsis - with an i not an e near the end.

Ellipse (with an e) is a mathematical thing.  Whereas, ellipsis (with the i) is the grammar thing.

GRAMMAR FIGHT! ♥ ACTUALLY, (one of the most annoying words ev-er), @Beth Macbain had it right either way. :) Ellipses is the plural noun for ellipsis. An ellipse, as you say, is the mathematical oval thing.

I'm guessing, and only guessing the space between the dots, or not, stems from when things were done on typewriters. Dunno.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am still pondering over what this "HIM" is. Perhaps the OP is seeking a creative partner?

The OP stated in one of her two threads, somewhere, that there is no "HIM."

I assume just part of the lame trolling, along with the many tags, which seem to always be a giveaway about a troll thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:
19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The OP stated in one of her two threads, somewhere, that there is no "HIM."

I assume just part of the lame trolling, along with the many tags, which seem to always be a giveaway about a troll thread.

I don't see her as a troll at all. And perhaps the "HIM" represents something rather than being an actual person.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.