You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

LOL …. come on Seicher Rae, … jump on in!!!  The water is kinda ''chilly' … but I think you can get used to it … oh wait, … maybe that's me that has to get used to ie … LOL … anyway, … jum in!!  🙂

I've already replied. I guess it was TL:DR... or something.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

@LittleBittieOne -- This  ^^

Your threads -- both of them -- are so freaking confusing.  Pretty much everything you have posted in response to others does not really help me understand either.  I'm not sure why you posted and what you are hoping to accomplish.

LittleMe Jewell … Great question!  Thing is, I was hoping to connect … just not like this!  But, hey, … 'mission accomplished! .. I guess!  Thanks!  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Thing is, I was hoping to connect

So you have moved into a new creative phase in SL...that's great!   I do believe that's the main purpose of your initial post, and perhaps you were wanting others to acknowledge your enthusiasm?

27 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

JanuarySwan … I vaguely recall the movie, but my intent was to get to that … eventually.  You asked all the right questions; and I had every intent to provide more, … but I am beginning to feel very happy that I didn't; because what I have submitted so far, seems to be upsetting to some!  I apologize for that; … but the reception, seems to me, somewhat uncalled for.  I am new, not to SL, but to this forum true …. but is this how the members all receive new comers?!  Dang … what really is the threat?

Anyway, JanuarySwan … if we can get pass this, esp with me being the 'non-conformist' type of gal, … I'd like to share more and respond to the questions that you raised!  Thank you!  🙂

I vaguely recall the movie too...but what I do recall is (in my bad synopsis), she ends up finding herself and getting divorced in the end but she ends up with another person.   And, it seems you are saying you found yourself recently (from what I read in your OP)...or are kind of saying you've found a new direction for your life.  That's cool.  

I think there is some response regarding what you wrote in your OP about the sexual aspect of SL.  I've read in many threads where people say SL is perceived that way quite a lot by outsiders.  Many of us know SL can be whatever we want it to be since we, more or less, have to create our SL ourselves.  As to the stereotypes of SL...I think what people are saying in this thread is our sexuality or lack of sexuality doesn't have anything to do with who created what here in SL, other than your suggestion that not engaging in pixel sex allowed more time to create.  

You wrote a lot in your opening post.

If you are looking to connect with creative people on a non-sexual level, I think you can do that in SL.  I mean, find this part of yourself and explore it without a commitment kind of love/sex or just sex relationship in SL.  That shouldn't be a problem.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

Just now, LittleBittieOne said:

ROFL .… Me neither!!! I had the best of intentions but it back fired!  All caught up now, Luna?!  🙂

To be honest … this is the most challenging FUN that I have had in a long time … at least, … I am definitely NOT bored anymore!!!  Hahahaha!  🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

ROFL .… Me neither!!! I had the best of intentions but it back fired!  All caught up now, Luna?!  🙂

To be honest … this is the most challenging FUN that I have had in a long time … at least, … I am definitely NOT bored anymore!!!  Hahahaha!  🙂

LOL I was sitting here laughing out loud due to feeling such fun. It's like the cobwebs have blown out of the forum.

5 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

I vaguely recall the movie too...but what I do recall is (in my bad synopsis), she ends up finding herself and getting divorced in the end but she ends up with another person.   And, it seems you are saying you found yourself recently (from what I read in your OP)...or are kind of saying you've found a new direction for your life.  That's cool.  

I think there is some response regarding what you wrote in your OP about the sexual aspect of SL.  I've read in many threads where people say SL is perceived that way quite a lot by outsiders.  Many of us know SL can be whatever we want it to be since we, more or less, have to create our SL ourselves.  As to the stereotypes of SL...I think what people are saying in this thread is our sexuality or lack of sexuality doesn't have anything to do with who created what here in SL, other than your suggestion that not engaging in pixel sex allowed more time to create.  

You wrote a lot in your opening post.

If you are looking to connect with creative people on a non-sexual level, I think you could do that in SL.  

JanuarySwan …. you are spot on when it comes to my having said I found a new direction (for myself).  Often times, when we write (as I am absolutely sure you know) … because, thus far … you seem to get what I am 'trying' to say; but, often times, when we write, the best subject to write about 'is oneself'.  Yes, I am trying to make a contrast in 'choices'.  Not trying to make suggestions nor judgements … but it seemed everyone jumped to that … and focused on nothing else.  The only person, that I have control over, is me; and even then, only to some degree; because try as I might, I can't stop aging nor evade death!

So, I appreciate, …nevertheless … the feedback that I am getting.  It isn't what I had hoped for; but I was delighted to see in my email account that someone had responded; but dang … I wasn't prepared for the reception!  I can adjust and I can deal … and I hope this will work out so that I may continue …. gonna keep trying, in the knowledge that there will be another obstacle somewhere down the road!

Thank you for sharing your view points.  I find it helpful!  Thanx!  🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL I was sitting here laughing out loud due to feeling such fun. It's like the cobwebs have blown out of the forum.

LOL …. well …. I guess that is what happens, Luna, when unexpected/uninvited newbies enter such a group!!  Thanx!  🙂

HOW DARE I!!!  ROFL!!!  🙂

Edited by LittleBittieOne

1 hour ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Selene … I can only assume you did not actually read my submission; and if you did you did not understand what I wrote.  I can't be faulted for that!  The only thing this signifies is that I am not connecting with you either … and ya know what?  That's okay too … because I find that feedback helpful also!  🙂  'Stay well, stay safe!'

I think you need to lay off the LSD.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So you have moved into a new creative phase in SL...that's great!   I do believe that's the main purpose of your initial post, and perhaps you were wanting others to acknowledge your enthusiasm?

Yes … yes I was!  I was hoping to be perceived as a friendly … not a HOSTILE!!  I did not take note of the paranoid temperature of some in the room … but hey wait, isn't this MY Thread?  [confused].

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I think you need to lay off the LSD.

Ok now you assume too much …. and it is embarrassing to me that you resort to this in your own defense!  Stop it, I sense that you are much better than that!  😞 YOU don't even know me, … so I will NOT allow myself to be offended!  Good try though

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok now you assume too much …. and it is embarrassing to me that you resort to this in your own defense!  Stop it, I sense that you are much better than that!  😞 YOU don't even know me, … so I will NOT allow myself to be offended!  Good try though

Defense? I'm not defending myself against anything. I can see I've wasted too much time on your nonsense as it is. My life is way too short for that crap. *plonk*

• Like 1

Defense? I'm not defending myself against anything. I can see I've wasted too much time on your nonsense as it is. My life is way too short for that crap. *plonk*

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're the one that threw the stone, insult at me!  But your final resolve is understood!

• Haha 2

I believe that you believe you came here with good intentions looking to connect with intellectuals such as yourself (Ha!) to discuss creativity and innovation in SL. 

What you actually did, though, was come here to pontificate in regards to this epiphany you’ve had.

Its hard to believe you wanted to engage in any sort of conversation when you dismiss any discussion of the sexual side of SL as something you don’t “accept” when most of the creativity and innovation in SL is due to people trying to figure out how to get laid as realistically as possible.

Sure, tons of other things have come about as offshoots of that naughty creativity and innovation, but that doesn’t change that sex drives a hell of a lot of the creative side of SL, and to ignore that is to have half a conversation.

You might be interested to know that there are Lindens and Moles who were hired when they were residents and their special talents involve all those dirty things that you want to pretend don’t exist.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I believe that you believe you came here with good intentions looking to connect with intellectuals such as yourself (Ha!) to discuss creativity and innovation in SL. 

What you actually did, though, was come here to pontificate in regards to this epiphany you’ve had.

Its hard to believe you wanted to engage in any sort of conversation when you dismiss any discussion of the sexual side of SL as something you don’t “accept” when most of the creativity and innovation in SL is due to people trying to figure out how to get laid as realistically as possible.

Sure, tons of other things have come about as offshoots of that naughty creativity and innovation, but that doesn’t change that sex drives a hell of a lot of the creative side of SL, and to ignore that is to have half a conversation.

You might be interested to know that there are Lindens and Moles who were hired when they were residents and their special talents involve all those dirty things that you want to pretend don’t exist.

The one thing you can only assume, is what my intent in writing my piece was.  The one thing that I can not do, is placate the paranoia of other people.  I will not argue my intent with anyone, who initially did not stop to ask me … and I was not asked; and I will not continue this dialog.  I will continue … and you may follow or not follow.  I am not one given to engagement in arguments.  I get it, … you're not a fan … okay!  But although some of what I write may upset you and others like you, … this is not about you!  Thank you … your participation is always as now appreciated; but we don't seem to be able to reach an agreement … on something, that is already, decidedly, about ME! - "Stay well, stay safe!"

Edited by LittleBittieOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

To simplify everything, here's a thought. Just outfit every female avatar with one of these, and equivalents for everyone else, and Bob's your uncle, no more pesky pixel sexies and everyone can get on with being productive, and creating nuns' habits and such. I'm a problem solver. YW.

image.png.4af3d73e9ac561dbc61fba2b6cdfc736.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

The one thing you can only assume, is what my intent in writing my piece was.  The one thing that I can not do, is placate the paranoia of other people.  I will not argue my intent with anyone, who initially did not stopped to ask me … and I was not asked; and I will not continue this dialog.  I will continue … and you may follow or not follow.  I am not one given to engagement in arguments.  I get it, … you're not a fan … okay!  But although some of what I write may upset you and others like you, … this is not about you!  Thank you … your participation is always as now appreciated; but we don't seem to be able to reach an agreement … on something, that is already, decidedly, about ME! - "Stay well, stay safe!"

Why do you keep accusing people of being paranoid? I don't think that word means what you seem to think it means.

Also, please, for the love of baby Jeebus, lay off the ellipses. The overuse makes your comments impossible to read. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

this is not about you!  Thank you … your participation is always as now appreciated; but we don't seem to be able to reach an agreement … on something, that is already, decidedly, about ME!

Oh you sweet summer child... If you want this to be all about you, I strongly suggest that you start an actual blog where you can control  the comments.

You may, of course, continue on with this thing, whatever this thing is, here but you won’t be able to stop people commenting in whatever way they feel it is best to respond.

The forums are a lot of things, but they aren’t an echo chamber.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

To simplify everything, here's a thought. Just outfit every female avatar with one of these, and equivalents for everyone else, and Bob's your uncle, no more pesky pixel sexies and everyone can get on with being productive, and creating nuns' habits and such. I'm a problem solver. YW.

image.png.4af3d73e9ac561dbc61fba2b6cdfc736.png

Good One!  No … I wouldn't exactly call this a solution … but that's funny!  🙂

1 hour ago, JanuarySwan said:

So, after reading this thread...there is no "him"?  

What's up with the title then?  

Whom or what are you seeking?   A relationship?  Those tags say relationship.

Hey, that's what I was asking, Who's the him?  And what's with the ...s?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh you sweet summer child... If you want this to be all about you, I strongly suggest that you start an actual blog where you can control  the comments.

You may, of course, continue on with this thing, whatever this thing is, here but you won’t be able to stop people commenting in whatever way they feel it is best to respond.

The forums are a lot of things, but they aren’t an echo chamber.

Beth … I am by no means a child!  I guess it is just in you to taint every kind and/or nice gesture with ugliness and a pinch of disrespect, … but if that is how you serve it up! Okay!  I could have blocked responses to my post … but I didn't.  Nothing here is happening that I have never seen before; but you seem intent on forcing me -- out!  I don't need your permission to continue nor discontinue.  Thank you!  'Stay safe, be well!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

There is no HIM because I was not permitted to continue … this was just a start … interrupted!  🙂

OH! You were waiting for permission!

Do please continue. I’m off to bed now and I’m sure it’ll be a terrific read in the morning with my coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.