You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, LittleBittieOne said:

SECONDLIFE is AWESOME … but it tends to get a bad wrap!  Some people in RL have come to think of it as a place for freaks & pervs, because it is, to them … ALL ABOUT the ('Pixel') SEX!! 

NOT EVERYONE that comes to SECONDLIFE (SL)  is focused on 'pixel sex'.  There are people who come to SL with a plan; they come for purely creative and intellectual pursuits; people who form relationships that are based upon sameness in goals, attitude, thought and spirit.  Their goals are broad and more productive and, overall, mutually beneficial for everyone in the SL Community, no matter what role or fantasy others choose to engage in. These individuals, the "Realistic Dreamers", they look to make their Virtual Life (VL) benefit, not only their VL and Real Life (RL); but also the VL and RL of 'everyone connected to and/or supportive of' these "Realistic Dreamers".  These "Realistic Dreamers" are focused on making their SL pay for itself through their creativity; and their success in achieving these efforts, often times, also build/fuel the economy of our VL's.  How?  and Who are these "Realistic Dreamers", you might ask?

The "Realistic Dreamers" are every resident that provides any of the quality homes, goods, services, products, textures, events, fashions, scripts, sims, regions, etc. … that we enjoy!  In supporting them, we support ourselves; we help make it possible for them to expand their efforts to be even more creative and, in enabling them to  extend their goal of increased productivity, they can extend, to those of us who have the interest, the opportunity of employment within their ventures as part of their team(s). 

So I see Second Life, it's potential to be a place of productivity … rather than over sexuality!  Yeah, … it's true, the "Realistic Dreamers" are human and may have needs too; but NOT ALL are DRIVEN by it!  Had they spent most of their time 'in the bed' rather than at the drawing board or 'more time chasing tail' than 'actually chasing their dreams' … we'd still be trying to make our own 'prim clothing', still be living in 'Flintstone looking homes', walking like ducks … and 'emoting sex' rather than using animations!  So hat's off to the "Realistic Dreamers" that got our VL's off to a more 'Realistic' existence!!  Thank you for FOCUSING more on your personal "Realistic" dreams than your dreams of your (sexual) passion.  Nevertheless, for some, in addition to their goals, yes, … for some there is a need for companionship … and that is private, … as well as okay; and I am sure' …, or I'd like to believe, that … 'that is as well and discretely done, as their other objectives!  For it has been said:  "All work and NO play … (makes for a very dull and uneventful existence)!  I get it, ...but here, again … this is entirely personal.  NO JUDGEMENTS!

I began my journey through SL in 2008, … and it has taken me all this time to finally arrive as one desirous of being a "Realistic Dreamer". I will share more about my new found direction later.  Right now, I want to take a break to thank you, … so 'Thank YOU' for having read this far.  If I haven't bored you to death already, I hope you will follow me … as I continue to share what I have observed and come to (better) understand about SL and other Virtual Worlds; but my focus here will mainly be Second Life.  Thank you again … until next time … 'stay well, stay safe and stay productive!' - Joleene Constantine-Solare (aka, littlebittieone resident).

Edgerley -EvanStone Heights, 07102018_008.png

You are saying this to people who have been in SL since 2003/4/5 and came here because SL is a creative platform. SL started out as  a creative platform, is a creative platform and always will be a creative platform until LL shuts down the servers.

In other words, you haven't said anything new that someone else hasn't already said a thousand times over the years.

Next.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Are you thinking this is a place to publish your blog? It's a forum, and people are going to comment and they may not agree with you. That is how it works. 

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

The big story here is that I HAVE BEEN MISUSING ELLIPSES (ELLIPSIS?) FOR FIFTY YEARS.

How has no one ever corrected me? I know I absolutely overuse ellipses (ellipsis?) but in my defense a period seems so final and most of my thoughts actually do just trail off into something else (in my head)....

Is that right? I’m questioning everything now! Thanks, Kali, I’m having an existential crisis

I am thinking, that I was or am sharing space with 'intellectual' people.  I am aware of what a 'forum' is … and I am aware of how I write.  Be my form of writing 'traditional' or 'untraditional' … it is how I choose to express myself on (virtual) paper, so to speak.  I am not doing this to grade people nor am I looking for anyone to grade my work either; if you choose to do so, … that's ok too!  I have engaged in forums and people have come at me out of the meanness of their own existence, or whatever it is that compels them to launch attacks.  Heck, I recall the debate of words over the use of 'am not' vs. 'ain't'.  And I have witnessed people accusing me of being judgemental ; all the while not realizing that their protest is a judgement launched against me as well.  I have engaged in forums where people just rant to listen to their own rage … with no actual intent to understand nor be understood.  I am looking for those individuals who listen to understand, rather than fight to simply be heard.  I am not here to argue, judge or fight.  I am here to share and engage; and if this is how you all do it … thank you for informing of this; but in having these discussions … we all being adults and all … can't we, at least, do it in a more civil manner?!  Until later! - 'Be safe, be well!"

Edited by LittleBittieOne
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

I am thinking, that I was or am sharing space with 'intellectual' people.

Well there’s your first mistake right there.

Much like SL (and RL, too, for that matter) this forum is a conglomeration of all sorts of people here for all sorts of reasons.

Mostly we’re a bunch of people under lockdown trying to remain sane and make each other laugh so we all survive this insanity. Sometimes there are serious intellectual conversations but those usually happen by accident and involve people who’ve been part of this community (the forums, not SL) and know each other’s posting styles and respect our differences, not because someone comes along and demands we do it.

You’d do well to get to know your audience before launching into your screed and expecting people to behave and respond the way you think they should.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You are saying this to people who have been in SL since 2003/4/5 and came here because SL is a creative platform. SL started out as  a creative platform, is a creative platform and always will be a creative platform until LL shuts down the servers.

In other words, you haven't said anything new that someone else hasn't already said a thousand times over the years.

Next.

Exactly! … But what I am doing Ms Gregoire ('Selene') … what I am doing is being overlooked.  And YES .. I know that it was meant to be a creative platform and I acknowledged the work of all those who have done this.  Because of those talented and creative individuals, we have a virtual community that is AWESOMELY realistic!  My hats off to all of them, … to everyone who strove to make things as life like as possible.  I wasn't here in 2003 … no... I came 5 years later; and I notice the changes.  It was not pretty, well, … not so much outside of SL Welcome Area.  In fact, it may well have proved hazardous as 'griefers' could actually 'script' one's avatar.   So, in conclusion, … I apologize if it appears that I overlooked the contributions of those highly talented individuals that improved our (virtual) quality of living in Second Life, … I thought I had, … but no disrespect intended, if I failed to do so!  Thank you and … 'stay safe, stay well'!

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Well there’s your first mistake right there.

Much like SL (and RL, too, for that matter) this forum is a conglomeration of all sorts of people here for all sorts of reasons.

Mostly we’re a bunch of people under lockdown trying to remain sane and make each other laugh so we all survive this insanity. Sometimes there are serious intellectual conversations but those usually happen by accident and involve people who’ve been part of this community (the forums, not SL) and know each other’s posting styles and respect our differences, not because someone comes along and demands we do it.

You’d do well to get to know your audience before launching into your screed and expecting people to behave and respond the way you think they should.

Ms. Macbain ('Beth') … I have attended a lot of schools in my day.  I was, therefore, the new kid on the block.  People, students, had a way of doing things, ya know?!  Here I was the outsider, the outcast … the nobody!  There was a way things were to be done, and to survive, I guess I had to choose a side; but ya know, … I never did!  I survived.  In all my time, however, I never encountered those 'Mean Girls' that everyone else was so fearful of; and I don't especially think it appropriate for anyone to play Sheriff in directing others to leave town, so to speak.  I only ask, that if you don't like my style or the way that I am used to doing things, that you please .. simply 'unfollow me'.  I am aware of the diversities amongst people … I for one am used to that.  I am not trying to rock your boat … but you seem insistent on rocking mine.  Can't we all just … get along?!  🙂

- Stay well, stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is not my area of acceptance.  Not interested as this is not an area that I offer my support to … despite any data in support of what drives commerce in actual or virtual society.  I am not unaware of the belief in this.  I simply am one that does not contribute to it!  Thank you!  - 'Be well, be safe!'

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Exactly! … But what I am doing Ms Gregoire ('Selene') … what I am doing is being overlooked.  And YES .. I know that it was meant to be a creative platform and I acknowledged the work of all those who have done this.  Because of those talented and creative individuals, we have a virtual community that is AWESOMELY realistic!  My hats off to all of them, … to everyone who strove to make things as life like as possible.  I wasn't here in 2003 … no... I came 5 years later; and I notice the changes.  It was not pretty, well, … not so much outside of SL Welcome Area.  In fact, it may well have proved hazardous as 'griefers' could actually 'script' one's avatar.   So, in conclusion, … I apologize if it appears that I overlooked the contributions of those highly talented individuals that improved our (virtual) quality of living in Second Life, … I thought I had, … but no disrespect intended, if I failed to do so!  Thank you and … 'stay safe, stay well'!

39003-wat-know-your-meme-gif-olJb.gif.a217a99e353a9fde0e6de577e5969ffe.gif

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

I am thinking, that I was or am sharing space with 'intellectual' people.  I am aware of what a 'forum' is … and I am aware of how I write.  Be my form of writing 'traditional' or 'untraditional' … it is how I choose to express myself on (virtual) paper, so to speak.  I am not doing this to grade people nor am I looking for anyone to grade my work either; if you choose to do so, … that's ok too!  I have engaged in forums and people have come at me out of the meanness of their own existence, or whatever it is that compels them to launch attacks.  Heck, I recall the debate of words over the use of 'am not' vs. 'ain't'.  And I have witnessed people accusing me of being judgemental ; all the while not realizing that their protest is a judgement launched against me as well.  I have engaged in forums where people just rant to listen to their own rage … with no actual intent to understand nor be understood.  I am looking for those individuals who listen to understand, rather than fight to simply be heard.  I am not here to argue, judge or fight.  I am here to share and engage; and if this is how you all do it … thank you for informing of this; but in having these discussions … we all being adults and all … can't we, at least, do it in a more civil manner?!  Until later! - 'Be safe, be well!"

tenor-16580146.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

39003-wat-know-your-meme-gif-olJb.gif.a217a99e353a9fde0e6de577e5969ffe.gif

Selene … I can only assume you did not actually read my submission; and if you did you did not understand what I wrote.  I can't be faulted for that!  The only thing this signifies is that I am not connecting with you either … and ya know what?  That's okay too … because I find that feedback helpful also!  🙂  'Stay well, stay safe!'

• Haha 3

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

tenor-16580146.gif

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

tenor-16580146.gif

Very nice hand puppet!  That's usually what some people do when the content falls beyond their comprehension!  I find this acceptable too!  Thanks!  Less … blah blah now!  - 'Stay well, stay safe!'

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

I have attended a lot of schools in my day.  I was, therefore, the new kid on the block.  People, students, had a way of doing things, ya know?!  Here I was the outsider, the outcast … the nobody!  There was a way things were to be done, and to survive, I guess I had to choose a side; but ya know, … I never did!  I survived.  In all my time, however, I never encountered those 'Mean Girls' that everyone else was so fearful of; and I don't especially think it appropriate for anyone to play Sheriff in directing others to leave town, so to speak.  I only ask, that if you don't like my style or the way that I am used to doing things, that you please .. simply 'unfollow me'.  I am aware of the diversities amongst people … I for one am used to that.

Welcome to the forum.

Entering the forum and being so open right off the bat is confusing to some, I think. Usually people do a little dance when getting to know each other -- that creates trust. If you don't dance people tend to think you don't care about them or how they've established things in the space you've entered.

• Haha 1

OP:  When I saw the title I was expecting a "Desperately Seeking Susan" kind of thread and wondered who "him" was.  Desperately Seeking Susan was a movie made in the 1980's.  

So, after reading this thread...there is no "him"?  

What's up with the title then?  

Whom or what are you seeking?   A relationship?  Those tags say relationship.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Very nice hand puppet!  That's usually what some people do when the content falls beyond their comprehension!  I find this acceptable too!  Thanks!  Less … blah blah now!  - 'Stay well, stay safe!'

Bless your heart, I comprehend your content juuuuuust fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Welcome to the forum.

Entering the forum and being so open right off the bat is confusing to some, I think. Usually people do a little dance when getting to know each other -- that creates trust. If you don't dance people tend to think you don't care about them or how they've established things in the space you've entered.

Thank you Ms. Bliss (Luna) … that provides me some understanding as to why I am getting the reaction that I am (but only from a mere few … obviously).  I hear what you're saying and I appreciate it.  It is just, … strange  to me.  Never had this happen before.  Never met nor entered a group that is 'actually' territorial before!  Hmmm … odd!  My environments, both actual and virtual, has always been more accepting … welcoming even; never been met with so much … acid!  I am not fazed by it though; just trying to adjust.  Thank you!  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

OP:  When I saw the title I was expecting a "Desperately Seeking Susan" kind of thread and wondered who "him" was.  Desperately Seeking Susan was a movie made in the 1980's.  

JanuarySwan … I vaguely recall the movie, but my intent was to get to that … eventually.  You asked all the right questions; and I had every intent to provide more, … but I am beginning to feel very happy that I didn't; because what I have submitted so far, seems to be upsetting to some!  I apologize for that; … but the reception, seems to me, somewhat uncalled for.  I am new, not to SL, but to this forum true …. but is this how the members all receive new comers?!  Dang … what really is the threat?

Anyway, JanuarySwan … if we can get pass this, esp with me being the 'non-conformist' type of gal, … I'd like to share more and respond to the questions that you raised!  Thank you!  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you Ms. Bliss (Luna) … that provides me some understanding as to why I am getting the reaction that I am (but only from a mere few … obviously).  I hear what you're saying and I appreciate it.  It is just, … strange  to me.  Never had this happen before.  Never met nor entered a group that is 'actually' territorial before!  Hmmm … odd!  My environments, both actual and virtual, has always been more accepting … welcoming even; never been met with so much … acid!  I am not fazed by it though; just trying to adjust.  Thank you!  

Presently there's a strong need to feel safe due to all the Covid Chaos, and groups sometimes create safety and bond via excluding anything/anyone threatening or unknown. Maybe once you are better known you'll experience less "acid".

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I am also feeling VERY LEFT OUT! Everyone else gets an indecipherable reply, but not me. 😞 All the cool kids are getting replies...

LOL …. come on Seicher Rae, … jump on in!!!  The water is kinda ''chilly' … but I think you can get used to it … oh wait, … maybe that's me that has to get used to ie … LOL … anyway, … jum in!!  🙂

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, LittleBittieOne said:

Never had this happen before.  Never met nor entered a group that is 'actually' territorial before!  Hmmm … odd!  My environments, both actual and virtual, has always been more accepting … welcoming even; never been met with so much … acid! 

The only group I haven't experienced this dynamic in was a Yoga/Meditation one. All others seemed to develop an inner core that thought they had to control everything, and they made it their mission to drive anybody too strange out of the group.

* The intensity of the dynamic did vary in intensity though, from group to group.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Presently there's a strong need to feel safe due to all the Covid Chaos, and groups sometimes create safety and bond via excluding anything/anyone threatening or unknown. Maybe once you are better known you'll experience less "acid".

Luna, ... if this initiation does not speed that along … nothing ever will!  To shorten it a bit more, please allow me:  "I tend to speak my mind and I feel fully capable of providing myself the needed support; I can be a "bestest best friend"; I strive to be helpful and respectful to others; I don't like when people bully; if I can't help … I will never hinder … I love and appreciate creative expression, we don't all have to agree … but sure would be helpful if we could just try to communicate and get along;  I have worked in human services nearly my entire adult career in RL … and I am probably old enough to be your mother!! - That's me in a nut shell!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The only group I haven't experienced this dynamic in was a Yoga/Meditation one. All others seemed to develop an inner core that thought they had to control everything, and they made it their mission to drive anybody too strange out of the group.

* The intensity of the dynamic did vary in intensity though, from group to group.

Well, ... that's just awful!!!  So sorry you had to go through that! However, you know, … sometime, with some people the harder their pushed, the stronger then get!!  🙂

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

@LittleBittieOne -- This  ^^

Your threads -- both of them -- are so freaking confusing.  Pretty much everything you have posted in response to others does not really help me understand either.  I'm not sure why you posted and what you are hoping to accomplish.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your threads -- both of them -- are so freaking confusing.  Pretty much everything you have posted in response to others does not really help me understand either.  I'm not sure why you posted and what you are hoping to accomplish.

It's fun. We don't know what the hell's going on.   lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.