You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

... sniffs the forum air ...

Y'all smell that? It smells like an alt, doesn't it?

Seems to follow a rather recognizable pattern.

Are you saying January is an alt of mine?  She's not.

Your paranoia and the strange stories you spin from it knows no bounds!  And all because you feel sexually shamed by the OP and can't get everyone else to go along with your perception.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:
4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't post a lot you know, unless something particularly interests me. And this thread does. You may not understand why, Seicher, but I have my reasons. It's nothing "obsessive" or "off", but what if it actually was?  Why attempt to shut me up?  

Yeah, I don't get this either.  If someone wants to post in a thread but others don't, why don't those who do not want to post in this thread just go to other threads and/or start other threads?

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I don't think you're corrupted enough via forum dynamic awareness to understand why.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Whenever you move from one phase to another it creates 2 categories and the "versus" that goes with that. As was discussed, one can be involved in both categories, but for whatever reason she either didn't want to include both or didn't feel it was possible for her.  It's her choice, her process, her diary.

There's no evidence that what she was coming from had anything to do with the sexual side of Second Life, though - reading that into the original post would be the same as reading it as anti-sex or pro-Herbalife. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Your paranoia and the strange stories you spin from it knows no bounds!  And all because you feel sexually shamed by the OP and can't get everyone else to go along with your perception.

How is it paranoia when you have done the exact same thing before? You did it right here in these very forums and I'm far from the only one who saw your little faux pas before you deleted it. Your constant denial of that makes me want to grab the DSM-5. 

As far as feeling sexually shamed... hahahahahahahahahaha, no. Ask anyone who knows me or follows me on Flickr or my blog or anyplace else. I'm utterly shameless when it comes to sex. 

I am tired, though, of Second Life being sexually shamed, and sexual shame in general. And when I see people engaging in it, I'm going to push back. If someone doesn't like it, that's really just too damn bad. These are also grown ass adults who are fully capable of defending themselves or their positions if they feel the need to.

I've yet to see anyone ask you to please step in and be their white knight in shining armor, yet you constantly do it anyway. Do we want to diagnose that as well if we're playing armchair psychologist?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Whenever you move from one phase to another it creates 2 categories and the "versus" that goes with that. As was discussed, one can be involved in both categories, but for whatever reason she either didn't want to include both or didn't feel it was possible for her.  It's her choice, her process, her diary.

There's no evidence that what she was coming from had anything to do with the sexual side of Second Life, though - reading that into the original post would be the same as reading it as anti-sex or pro-Herbalife. 

True, it's an inference I've made. At the very least she believes being involved with sex here can inhibit one from being a "realistic dreamer" - she states that quite a few times.  In my mind, she protests a little too much -- and that makes me wonder if she's talking as much about herself as she is the others.

She goes on and on about the virtues of the "Realistic Dreamers" who are creative instead of spending so much time in bed, and then says:

"I began my journey through SL in 2008, … and it has taken me all this time to finally arrive as one desirous of being a "Realistic Dreamer"."  

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How is it paranoia when you have done the exact same thing before? You did it right here in these very forums and I'm far from the only one who saw your little faux pas before you deleted it. Your constant denial of that makes me want to grab the DSM-5. 

Beth, it was explained then that I changed into an alt, Kiera Clutterbuck, because the thread was getting heated and I feared a suspension. I wanted to continue the discussion, but it felt dangerous to do so as Luna Bliss who has a store to manage. That is far from bringing forth some alt to come after you or agree with me or whatever you're imagining I'm doing.

• Haha 4

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I don't think you're corrupted enough via forum dynamic awareness to understand why.

There's no "forum dynamics" involved. You were 97.9% off my radar before this post, because I recognized you as a long-winded pit bull type. No one mentioned you to me. Why would they? You're not important. Because I didn't know particulars (that I do now),  I had some real concern, not to "shut you up" or whatever else you've twisted the post into being about. It is right there, pages back, in B&W for all people interested in to read for themselves without the requirements of your more than dubious skills as a translator. That concern is gone, too, because of your own words and actions, also quite visible in B&W. For now, at any rate, because I truly hope the mods remove this OP because it never had anything to do with the sub-forum in which it is posted.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

How is it paranoia when you have done the exact same thing before? You did it right here in these very forums 

That's darn silly Beth to jump to that conclusion.  I am not Luna's alt.   I am me, an artist who was interested in the thread in regards to time and how a relationship and art can be extremely difficult to manage in regards to time and not enough time when a relationship wants my attention and then my art is put aside for the sake of the relationship.  So, the thread sparked some thought to me in regards to balancing the two:  art and a relationship.     Luna and I do not know each other inworld even.  But, if you believe that...I don't know what to say about what you believe.  

adding:  You can read through my previous posts to see where I was writing in this thread regarding the above.

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

As far as feeling sexually shamed... hahahahahahahahahaha, no. Ask anyone who knows me or follows me on Flickr or my blog or anyplace else. I'm utterly shameless when it comes to sex. 

There is SOME reason you react so strongly when you believe someone is shaming sex. You seem to protest a bit too much. I can't say I know why....only you do.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've yet to see anyone ask you to please step in and be their white knight in shining armor, yet you constantly do it anyway. Do we want to diagnose that as well if we're playing armchair psychologist?

I'm not being a white knight. I disagree with the hive. Sorry it's hard for you to cope with.

• Haha 1

What would the DMS (of any version) have to say about someone obsessively arm-chair (badly) diagnosing complete strangers in a virtual world's social Forum? To the obsessive point of returning to the very same thing that got them suspended before? Where would one start? The topics would be so vast. If only there were a professional available to weigh in. Oh wait, a professional wouldn't.

Anyone? Bueller?

• Like 1

BTW, in regards to the sarcastic 😄 vs 😞 , as I understand it from another thread, somewhere, the 😄 gives the recipient + reputation points, the 😞 gives zero. Not that the reputation points aren't anything but stupid, but I've also learned that some people crave them. I think the other thread said the confused face gives zero as well. I generally used that as either a wtf response or a milder, genuinely "what???" response. FWIW

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:
18 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

How is it paranoia when you have done the exact same thing before? You did it right here in these very forums 

That's darn silly Beth to jump to that conclusion.  I am not Luna's alt.   I am me, an artist who was interested in the thread in regards to time and how a relationship and art can be extremely difficult to manage in regards to time and not enough time when a relationship wants my attention and then my art is put aside for the sake of the relationship.  So, the thread sparked some thought to me in regards to balancing the two:  art and a relationship.     Luna and I do not know each other inworld even.  But, if you believe that...I don't know what to say about what you believe.  

adding:  You can read through my previous posts to see where I was writing in this thread regarding the above.

Don't worry about it, January. She's being disingenuous and not really wanting to discuss the topic.  Instead she's attempting to discredit me so she can believe she 'won'.  Typical.

• Haha 3

There isn't a topic to discuss.

The OP has long ago left the building, for who knows what reason. I speculate it is because people are correct that it was a ploy to get new Herbal Life participants, and when it was obviously failing miserably, for many reasons, she took her pills and went home.

The rest is just flusterclucking derail, some of it more amusing than others. Pure and simple.

Some people like to post for the sake of listening to their own keyboard clack. Some admit that. Some don't. That doesn't mean there's an actual topic. What was posted here in the OP has nothing to do with the sub-forum topic. It was a self-described project to document her enlightenment in some sort of journal format (pretty much the OP's exact words, in various posts).

Sock puppets or not is kind of a moot point. This is the Luna Likes To Hear Herself Talk Rubbish To Herself Show. Tune in and play, or not. I would just suggest not to paint it as something it isn't.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

I am me, an artist who was interested in the thread in regards to time and how a relationship and art can be extremely difficult to manage in regards to time and not enough time when a relationship wants my attention and then my art is put aside for the sake of the relationship.  So, the thread sparked some thought to me in regards to balancing the two:  art and a relationship.

Well for what it's worth, I think the solution is, if you want to be in a relationship, to have one with a person who values creative time too!

• Like 1

Don't worry about it, January. She's being disingenuous and not really wanting to discuss the topic.  Instead she's attempting to discredit me so she can believe she 'won'.  Typical.

Well, it's weird.  I've never been thought to be an alt before.  Have the moderators look me up then because I'm not Luna is what I can say to Beth.  

However, the OP does have many speculating what it is about and/or if it's a put down.   

I've said in this thread the OP said a lot there in her opening post; it's a difficult read.  

Balancing a relationship and art is a topic I would be interested in but that seems like it would be better at another time after things settle down. 

Edited by JanuarySwan

16 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

That's darn silly Beth to jump to that conclusion. 

If you aren't Luna's alt, I sincerely apologize.

You must understand, however, that there is history here of her doing that very thing. It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't believe her. We were arguing once about some long-forgotten topic, and their was one single person who was fastidiously agreeing with her. She got herself confused posting both as Luna and as her alt, and posted a response to me as Luna but under her alt, and is still claiming she did it on purpose with some cockamamie story about trying to protect her store account, as if LL couldn't see it for themselves. 

Everyone saw it, everyone knows she did it by accident, yet she is still holding tightly to her story instead of just owning up to it and admitting she was using an alt to back her up and come at me (this wasn't the first time she'd use this particular alt for that). I don't recall seeing "Kiera" since that incident, and since she's already shown she's not above doing that, I have no reason not to believe she wouldn't do it again. 

It's not about winning or losing anything. It's that she's proven she isn't trustworthy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JanuarySwan said:

Balancing a relationship and art is a topic I would be interested in but that seems like it would be better at another time after things settle down. 

No reason not to start that thread, if that is something you are interested in. Find the correct sub-forum and go for it. People are usually pretty welcoming in this place, unless provoked otherwise.

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

You must understand, however, that there is history here of her doing that very thing. It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't believe her. We were arguing once about some long-forgotten topic, and their was one single person who was fastidiously agreeing with her. She got herself confused posting both as Luna and as her alt, and posted a response to me as Luna but under her alt, and is still claiming she did it on purpose with some cockamamie story about trying to protect her store account, as if LL couldn't see it for themselves. 

Everyone saw it, everyone knows she did it by accident, yet she is still holding tightly to her story instead of just owning up to it and admitting she was using an alt to back her up and come at me (this wasn't the first time she'd use this particular alt for that). I don't recall seeing "Kiera" since that incident, and since she's already shown she's not above doing that, I have no reason not to believe she wouldn't do it again. 

It's not about winning or losing anything. It's that she's proven she isn't trustworthy. 

Stop it Beth, I have NEVER done that. I explained immediately why I was posting as Kiera.  I switched from Luna to Kiera for protection and we were not there at the same time.  In times past during tense threads sometimes the whole thread was poofed with a ban for all. Not so much anymore, thankfully.

• Haha 3

Checks the page count.

Yikes, I hope you guys aren't fighting over me? Can't be bothered to read all that - got no popcorn! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:
18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well, it's weird.  I've never been thought to be an alt before.  Have the moderators look me up then because I'm not Luna. 

Admit it, January....you are me.     :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.