You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't think I was on the old Forum.

Huh. I could have sworn, but then again it was long ago, lots of people coming and going, flaming and adoring. Let's just say I was NOT universally liked. Which is me doing British understatement even though I'm not British. 😄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Aw, aren't we just adorable.

But see, I played nice and got a hug out of it - is that philanthropy, or furthering one's selfish goals?

We ARE adorable. I've always said so.

And drats, my plan is discovered. My real goal all along has been just to pounce on Orwar and hug him and hug him and snuggle... Totally selfish. You're so adorably squishable!

Edited by Seicher Rae
rogue comma
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Where do you see this?  Are you sure it's not related to her inworld profile where one can see membership in an Herbalife group.

If I mouseover the picture, in the down left corner of my browser, chrome, the filename shows. Or if I open it in a new tab. 
I don't understand what you're asking with the second sentence. I mean, yeah, I saw the group there, clicked on it and saw the owners name? That's why I assume it's related?

Yes I think so. She is a member of a Herblife group.  I just don't see that as meaning her presence on this forum was simply to sell stuff (if she even sells - could even be she's a consumer of those products and so part of the group).

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes I think so. She is a member of a Herblife group.  I just don't see that as meaning her presence on this forum was simply to sell stuff (if she even sells - could even be she's a consumer of those products and so part of the group).

Maybe Herbalife sellers are trained to pitch something called "Real Dreamers"..

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

My real goal all along has been just to pounce on Orwar and hug him and hug him and snuggle... Totally selfish. You're so adorably squishable!

You'd best be careful before you get yourself in trouble. I snuggle like I mean it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Is 10:00 AM too early to bust out the popcorn? Watching the white knight in action makes me feel a bit peckish.

Ah Sylvia (you poor posturally challenged soul, you :::hands you some used crutches:::). Had you only posted this earlier! Since writing my sincere "intervention" I have since heard from others something along the lines of the sobriquet of the "white knight" of which you speak. Dripping in sarcasm, of course. Had I but known, I could have saved my typing fingers and concern for something more worthwhile, like teasing Orwar, or day drinking. I admit to only scanning over past examples of weird white knight-ism in action, and that sloppiness is on me. But I do preach the wonders of the scroll wheel, so I'm at least consistent.

Oh, and I still think the religious snarking in this thread was the height of hypocrisy, especially for a white knight. That's also a pet peeve, but that's another thread, right?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ah Sylvia (you poor posturally challenged soul, you :::hands you some used crutches:::). Had you only posted this earlier! Since writing my sincere "intervention" I have since heard from others something along the lines of the sobriquet of the "white knight" of which you speak. Dripping in sarcasm, of course. Had I but known, I could have saved my typing fingers and concern for something more worthwhile, like teasing Orwar, or day drinking. I admit to only scanning over past examples of weird white knight-ism in action, and that sloppiness is on me. But I do preach the wonders of the scroll wheel, so I'm at least consistent.

Oh, and I still think the religious snarking in this thread was the height of hypocrisy, especially for a white knight. That's also a pet peeve, but that's another thread, right?

Staying alert to what's posted here (and on other forums...) really is an eye-opener sometimes. ;) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe Herbalife sellers are trained to pitch something called "Real Dreamers"..

It's an interesting distinction she makes, and reminds me of Yoga (the serious aspect, meditation that we talk about) where one begins to feel the material 'scratch an itch' world is unreal and another deeper world  (that creativity would be central in) becomes the real one.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Consumers tend to become sellers as well, because the goal is to get someone else to sell for you. That's why it's a Pyramid. They make their little Parties to get people interessted, try to sell, but also try to enlist others to sell. They're rather predatory, because often times it's friends and family they drag down with that stuff. 
My mom used to attend parties like those, and a friend of her wanted to enlist her. I'm glad she didn't do it, because people get into dept quickly with stuff like that. 

Yeah, I doubt she wasn't going to "btw, I have some buissness oportunities for y'all!". Propably woul've talked about more if she wasn't "interrupted" so "rudely" from monologing her bloggpost or whatever. I'd wager about likeminded individuals, about meeting said people. She went on a lot about creators, you know, the people in sl that sell stuff. And her new direction. With a picture of a meeting place that seems to belong to the owner of a herbalife sl group. 
How much more on the nose does it have to be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Staying alert to what's posted here (and on other forums...) really is an eye-opener sometimes. ;) 

Yeah, you do like to bring that up.

And yeah, I had major conflict on another forum at one time -- proof that I'm BAAAAD.

Except, Seicher had major bad bad trouble early in this forums incarnation -- so is she bad?

Time to think*

• Haha 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yeah, I'm sure. I just don't have the time or the stomach for it, especially if you are meaning non-LL things. That stems from long ago, when "snarking" was here, there, and everywhere. I don't want to know if what went on for 6+ years to my knowledge is still going on, ya know? Plus, seriously, I spend way too much time in the Forum as it is (and it is generally an indicator of how I'm feeling, which is another thread), to hang out in even more places within even this Forum would just be scary. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, you do like to bring that up.

And yeah, I had major conflict on another forum at one time -- proof that I'm BAAAAD.

Except, Seicher had major bad bad trouble early in this forums incarnation -- so is she bad?

Time to think*

I'm not talking about Seicher, but nice attempt at deflection. Now maybe it's time for you to go tell someone that their father was abusive (again). 

ETA: LOL at "one time". You are a legend there, and not in a good way. ;) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now maybe it's time for you to go tell someone that their father was abusive (again).

We really do need to hash this out.

What if, in the "How are you feeling" thread, someone revealed some sort of pain they were going through, and another poster replied "Well people in blah blah blah or going through whatever have it SO much worse". They are totally dissing the pain of the poster revealing their difficulties.

THAT is abusive, and that's what I meant.

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not talking about Seicher, but nice attempt at deflection. Now maybe it's time for you to go tell someone that their father was abusive (again). 

Crap. The problem inherent in both the scroll wheel AND the blocking function... neither prevent quotes from showing up in the posts of other people you do follow (not officially, I don't follow anyone officially, its kinda stalkerish and I also don't give enough of an eff to push a button)(I digress...) 

For the record, then: Yep. I'm bad. Bad to the bone. Evil personified. But incredibly adorable and witty and oh so...huggable (Looks @Orwar) "huggable" yeah, that's it, let's go with "huggable." That's often how the devil is portrayed, is it not? Like the hot Welsh guy, Tom Ellis, on Lucifer? Who wouldn't want to snuggle up to him? RAWR meow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Actually it is getting far worse than plain old spam--which I always imagine as the poor old stuff in the can.  Like most people in shut down I'm having trouble keeping track of what day it is, but honestly my first thought when I opened my "alert" bell tab thing that was full to bursting, and saw all that, I thought "must be Saturday." 

The spam showing up in our personal notices is just too annoying, and now it seems they have gotten broader with their names to make blocking harder. LL really does need to figure out a way to stop this, whether it is to get a volunteer (s) with the sole purpose of deleting this blight (and only this blight) or something else, I dunno. Sigh. At least it is nice to know I'm not the wackiest person on the block?

Over on SLU/VVO Cris appointed a few volunteers for spam patrol. Works like a charm most of the time. LL could set up a special group that grants specific powers similar to the one Cris has. We could remove the poster and the spam (all posts) all in a couple of clicks. Only once in 10 years did it ever get abused and even that one time it really wasn't abuse. It's rare but every once in a while even a "regular" can get out of hand and needs to be gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:
26 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Consumers tend to become sellers as well, because the goal is to get someone else to sell for you. That's why it's a Pyramid. They make their little Parties to get people interessted, try to sell, but also try to enlist others to sell. They're rather predatory, because often times it's friends and family they drag down with that stuff. 
My mom used to attend parties like those, and a friend of her wanted to enlist her. I'm glad she didn't do it, because people get into dept quickly with stuff like that. 

Yeah, I doubt she wasn't going to "btw, I have some buissness oportunities for y'all!". Propably woul've talked about more if she wasn't "interrupted" so "rudely" from monologing her bloggpost or whatever. I'd wager about likeminded individuals, about meeting said people. She went on a lot about creators, you know, the people in sl that sell stuff. And her new direction. With a picture of a meeting place that seems to belong to the owner of a herbalife sl group. 
How much more on the nose does it have to be?

I had a friend once that sold SOME kind of vitamins. I never felt pressured by her or like she was trying to induce me into some 'cult' as some seem to believe here.

What do you mean the picture of the meeting place "seems to belong to the owner of a herbalife sl group"?  Do you know that for sure?

And what would her title, "Seeking HIM" have to do with selling products?  I think it more likely that she just wanted to tell everyone about her newfound direction in SL, and perhaps this does have to do with her perception of creativity and God.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.