Silly question about transparency

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess this was probably asked a lot before but is there a way to make a skin translucent?

What i mean is a way to reduce opacity of the avatar giving kinda like a ghost or liquid look

I was hoping to be able to do it with a skin texture or alpha but running out of ideas it seems not possible

31 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

not on the standard Linden avatar no

it can be done on a mesh avatar.  Look on Marketplace for a mesh copy of the Linden avatar to get you started

I'm a bit confused about why it doesn't work with bakes on mesh

22 minutes ago, LeonaBlitz said:

Like i said i wanted to make the avatar looks translucent but i'm struggling to get it with bakes on mesh where every time i try i end with a solid color even with a semi transparent texture

The texture itself will be solid. But the surface on which the texture is displayed can be partially transparent.

I assume you're using some no-modify mesh body. If there's no option to change the body's transparency in the HUD, you're out of luck. If the body is modifiable, you can manually edit the body and set its transparency.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 hours ago, LeonaBlitz said:

I made a few progress but still far from what i want

https://gyazo.com/b014df19d1de42547709422922f0d8a8

a thing with BOM is that there is no Specular or Normal materials so we can't make shiny/bumpy translucent with BOM.  This was something asked for at the time BOM was being developed by Linden, but they decided to not include these materials in BOM. Linden just marked it as a thing for them to do one day

to make shiny/bumpy translucent then we have to use the mesh body layers/appliers method

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.