firestorm wont stay logged in

Deven Fae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

If you are using the browser built into the viewer then why not just change that to use and external browser?  That might fix it.  I haven't read other mentions on this problem so sounds like you have some kind of conflict within your system.     

image.thumb.png.5b23c2ae83e9ea3ee4aa168bd1ab16e8.png

• Like 2

i have this problem also. Not sure what the issue is - probably something something cookies.  Some web person might be able to explain it better

it used to log me straight into marketplace when I just had one account, then I made a second account. And since then when I click the viewer Shop button I have to log in to the web page every time now

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i have this problem also. Not sure what the issue is - probably something something cookies.  Some web person might be able to explain it better

it used to log me straight into marketplace when I just had one account, then I made a second account. And since then when I click the viewer Shop button I have to log in to the web page every time now

right thats my problem

• Like 1

The problem is in the cookies. The SL web pages recognize a user by the cookies injected into your computer. The builtin browser doesn't do cookies well. Or I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to keep the cookies.

Without those tiny data files each browser session is a like a first time session.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The problem is in the cookies. The SL web pages recognize a user by the cookies injected into your computer. The builtin browser doesn't do cookies well. Or I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to keep the cookies.

Without those tiny data files each browser session is a like a first time session.

but where did it get the cookies when it was working fine? how do i recreate that?

• Like 2

Did you notice when I wrote, "Or I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to keep the cookies." Well, whatever "that" is has apparently changed for you.

As Molly points out when a second account was used with the viewer cookie behavior changed. I have Alts too. But, I added an Alt so long ago and I have consistently used an external browser I don't know if that changed my viewer's browser behavior.

I looked in Debug Settings for something to control cookies. The setting "CookiesEnabled" when enabled is supposed to allow the internal browser to accept cookies. I have that enabled. But, the SL Viewer does not keep the cookies from session to session.

This might be a bug. But the JIRA doesn't have any recent reports of the problem. So, it may just be this is an intended behavior. Or so few people use the internal browser no one has bothered to report it as a problem. This is your chance to file a Bug Report. Or call it a feature request.

All cookies come from the website you are visiting. When your viewer's browser worked it got them from the SL Marketplace website. It still gets them. That is why you can go to the MP multiple times and only logon the first time in each session. But, close the viewer and it clears the internal browser's cookie cache. Why did that change? Something changed. You can try rolling back your computer to a date when it worked. See if it starts working. Then install updates one at a time and see when it stops working. Depending on which update changes it for you there may be a fix.

It is just easier for me to use my regular Internet Browsers. Good luck.

13 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

but where did it get the cookies when it was working f

24 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Did you notice when I wrote, "Or I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to keep the cookies." Well, whatever "that" is has apparently changed for you.

As Molly points out when a second account was used with the viewer cookie behavior changed. I have Alts too. But, I added an Alt so long ago and I have consistently used an external browser I don't know if that changed my viewer's browser behavior.

I looked in Debug Settings for something to control cookies. The setting "CookiesEnabled" when enabled is supposed to allow the internal browser to accept cookies. I have that enabled. But, the SL Viewer does not keep the cookies from session to session.

This might be a bug. But the JIRA doesn't have any recent reports of the problem. So, it may just be this is an intended behavior. Or so few people use the internal browser no one has bothered to report it as a problem. This is your chance to file a Bug Report. Or call it a feature request.

All cookies come from the website you are visiting. When your viewer's browser worked it got them from the SL Marketplace website. It still gets them. That is why you can go to the MP multiple times and only logon the first time in each session. But, close the viewer and it clears the internal browser's cookie cache. Why did that change? Something changed. You can try rolling back your computer to a date when it worked. See if it starts working. Then install updates one at a time and see when it stops working. Depending on which update changes it for you there may be a fix.

It is just easier for me to use my regular Internet Browsers. Good luck.

got it, ima try to enablecookies. but thnx maybe i will make a bug report. thnx Nalates Urriah

ine? how do i recreate that?

14 hours ago, lokiilox said:
14 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

but where did it get the cookies when it was working fine? how do i recreate that?

A change to the MP was made a short while back and with some browsers, as soon as the browser window closes, a relog is required. 

Here is another recent thread discussing the issue:

Based on that, I'd say the internal browser is removing the cookie every time it is closed.  Use of an external browser like Chrome would possibly make it so that you did not have to relog each time - but you said you don't like the external one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

9 hours ago, lokiilox said:

Read my post again... I explained how. If the problem is on your side a roll back may fix it. If it is on the Linden side, it can't be fixed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.