How do you feel if strangers come into your SL home unexpectedly?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why don't people gamify the whole 'house invasion' thing? The homeowner would place 'valuables' around the house and a cat burglar would try to get into the house, unlock doors, open windows, sneak past lasers, etc. and steal things. Then they would pawn off their items at a fence for points which goes on  a scoreboard. You earn titles like petty thief, pro burglar, or legendary larcenist. Why would homeowners take part in this? Because the would-be thieves get booted from your home if caught and the owner gets a linden cash reward (paid by the thief) for each failed attempt. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Why don't people gamify the whole 'house invasion' thing? The homeowner would place 'valuables' around the house and a cat burglar would try to get into the house, unlock doors, open windows, sneak past lasers, etc. and steal things. Then they would pawn off their items at a fence for points which goes on  a scoreboard. You earn titles like petty thief, pro burglar, or legendary larcenist. Why would homeowners take part in this? Because the would-be thieves get booted from your home if caught and the owner gets a linden cash reward (paid by the thief) for each failed attempt. 

People have been doing that RP in SL for years. There's even a "tool" script for it on the MP that you can create trap doors and such with. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

But no, I don't want anyone in my house without my express permission, EVER.  I prefer if people who are walking or flying just pass through and don't hang around, but I don't (and hope I never have to) put up barriers.  But I do understand why the people who've had creepy stalkers hanging around them and making alts to stalk them do put up crazy security.  It's unpleasant, but sometimes it's a reaction to having would be pixel rapists fall through your roof.

I'm here for my own sanity and joy.  I need to feel safe here.  I create spaces for this and I don't need to apologize to you for not letting you into my bubble bath, my bedroom, or my PAID FOR pixel space.

I never went thru all the gut-wrenching sh*t you had to go thru in your life. And I'm sorry to hear you had to. :( But your post stresses the need, yea, the RIGHT even, for ppl to have a place they can truly call their own. As Luna said, there aren't many space like that available for women (except for our purses, maybe, that men usually wisely stay out of). And it pleases me, to no end, that you have found such a safe spot for yourself in SL. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself, and not allowing yourself to be publically shamed out of it! 👍

What really struck me, where your words above that you put in red. Which is why that line from The Fifth Element has never left my mind:

132R.gif.699bcf5cd2650877bac1c873426fad31.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

My point was that it is difficult. I welcome people who just wander in uninvited. Other posts in this thread make it clear that I'm not alone. I cannot be there most of the time to invite passersby in, even though they are very welcome. Others don't welcome strangers wandering in. How is an explorer to know the difference? As I said above, I'll put up a welcome sign. Let others put up signs saying what they welcome or don't welcome.

What I wonder is this: If people don't welcome strangers wandering in, why do they leave you land open to the public? They can easily keep strangers out without any misunderstandings just by limiting access to a group or to named accounts. If that's what they want, why don't they just use the free, easy-to-use tools that come with land?

Why do we need more rules?  One person thinks it's rude to be kicked out, another thinks it's rude for a stranger to come wandering in, why not realize that people are difficult to predict or control and just let it be.  Wander where you want, get kicked sometimes. It doesn't hurt to be kicked out any more than it hurts to be wandered in on. Seems to me people find out soon enough what is acceptable and what is not.  The ones that are really bothered use the security available so there will be no mistakes.

• Like 5

My home is my sanctuary.

In my rental home I do sometimes have random "visitors" who wander all over the place totally without regard. I dislike the idea of security orbs but I enabled it to prevent that. It is a downside of renting a ground level home on a landscaped sim.

My linden home (one of the new log cabins) is a true sanctuary though. Less chance of people popping by and "testing" the furniture.

I'd like to think that the majority of people just don't know that the places are private but I am fooling myself.

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 9:29 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

What I wonder is this: If people don't welcome strangers wandering in, why do they leave you land open to the public? They can easily keep strangers out without any misunderstandings just by limiting access to a group or to named accounts. If that's what they want, why don't they just use the free, easy-to-use tools that come with land?

You're putting the cart before the horse here. You're assuming you can always freely walk in, unless specifically kept/kicked out. Instead, assume people value the privacy of their own homes, and that you're really only welcome inside when so invited. It's actually just common courtesy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/14/2020 at 12:51 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

😭

Curiouser094737.jpg

Sh1t! How bad it is of me that I can't remember this kid's name, and Janelle and I adopted her. She was selling cookies door-to-door and it just wasn't safe. Murrg loved her, was so gentle with her too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:40 AM, Adam Spark said:

When I was brand new in SL, I made the mistake of taking LMs to places that by the time I landed there they were private homes. I was greeted so pleasantly by most back then - even formed some friendships - that I refuse to not pay that forward by treating people how I was (generally) treated.

Now, once I know you are there intentionally for reasons less than ethical, well, you won't be there very long. But I refuse to be ban happy. Too many people innocently don't know what they are doing or use old LMs. I wouldn't want to move and have a person banned from a place just because this one time they intruded on my property by mistake.

Reminds me, there used to be a HUD called Hoppy Pay, I used to wear when a newbie, and that helped me to explore and find new places, but sometimes I landed in private homes. I made a few friends that way, but no doubt ended up on a few banned lists also. You are right, it does help shape your future in Second Life, when you are treated well and in a friendly manner when accidentally landing in private areas. 

Context is key. If someone is invading just to grief, they deserve to be orbitted/ejected/banned, otherwise a polite request for someone to leave, or to invite them in for a cuppa is appropriate.

• Like 2

Why dont i have an orb or nasty yellow lines? The same reason i don't have a moat or a ten foot wooden privacy fence around my real life property. Other than a (potential) thief and the neighborhood wild life no one in their right mind would consider sitting on my lawn chairs or trying the doors to my house.

Unlike a lot of third world countries I have lived in, most neighborhoods I have lived in in the US have  unfenced yards and no 'burglar bars" on the windows. Most people respect that invisible fence. Those that don't tend to end up in jail or occasionally get shot. 

Even people walking their dogs try to keep them from their neighbors' yards. No one says "if you dont want me in your house, you should put up a high fence or I will come in and use your house - which you should accept as long as I dont take anything" No one expects me to fence myself int my own personal prison - with a fence that harms my enjoyment of the property and makes it look - and feel - like prison.

For me yellow lines feel hostile. Lack of them is not a welcome mat. My door mat makes it clear that the house is private. The sign on the edge of the property says PRIVATE PROPERTY. Isn't that enough?

I only ban people I find misbehaving inside property lines, or who enter my actual house. That is an automatic ban (which also ejects them).

The area around my home is a prvately-owned public space, so the sim *does* get visitors. Our landlady gives all entering visitors notice that private property IS private and mostly, this is respected. Flight is not allowed outside my property lines, so fly thru is not an issue.

When I find very new people on my land, I educate them, because when I was new people educated me.

Sane people are respectful and leave.

Occasionally, someone is abusive, and they go flying. If the behavior is egregious enough I report it to my landlady and they will get banned from the sim.

I am pretty private, but I try to remember how clueless I was 4+ years ago... And how curious.

But i respect that others feel a need to use their security. I have house securit. I could turn on, but seldom have, and all my houses have had closable blinds of some kind.

I do set it so I cannot be seen or heard outside my lines - so my (mostly G rated) activities remain private unless you trespass. 

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
  • Like 3

If people visit, I'm delighted.  What's the point of decorating a parcel if you can't show it off?  What's the point of playing a social game if you're not going to be social?  Alas, this is no longer the prevailing custom in Second Life.  My viewpoint is based upon older customs, when Second Life was new.  My viewpoint will also be colored by being a Sims Online expat, a game/virtual world that was around before Second Life had even been released.  In The Sims Online, most players, though not all, enjoyed visitors.  In fact, there were even ranking boards for how many visitors you got each day.  Some folks took those boards very seriously, doing anything to be number one.

Ultimately, my attitude on visitors hasn't changed in the close to twenty years since I beta-tested The Sims Online:  Visitors are an opportunity to make a new friend.

I just can't wrap my head around not wanting to do that in a social game.  Why don't the anti-social go play an offline game?  I've tried to understand others' views on this issue, but it still makes very little logical sense.  Emotional sense, sure:  If you have very little in life, as I do, you damn well don't want someone taking your pixel kingdom away.  I get it.  I've had to deal with griefers when I ran a sandbox/homeless shelter/art collective.  They ruined it for everyone else.  I got so pissed I kicked EVERYONE out.

Rationally, though, I shouldn't have.  I should have focused on the difference between a griefer and a visitor.  Deal with the former harshly;  Embrace the latter warmly.

My viewpoint transfers over to how I behave when exploring.  If I see a green dot on the map, I head towards it.  Say hello.  Hope that I'm making a new friend, or at least an acquaintance, not a sourpuss that's gonna start screaming at me to get off their property -- usually screamed when I'm on the Linden Land in front of their home in Bellisseria, not their actual parcel *sigh*

If the door is open, I'll go in.  If it's not, I'll use that new feature, if in the log cabin area, to knock on the door or wall.  I figure if folks don't want me to even cross the parcel boundary and step on their pixel-grass, they'd use the security options.  And by "security options" I mean the Linden Home wall panel, not the Screech-O-Rama that they were born with.

And if they do screech?  Well, I just check 'em off the list of neighbors to get to know.  It's sad, but it's their loss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 8:03 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Once I landed at the infohub in Ross which is a resident content Linden infohub I manage (there are about 10 of these from the old days). A newbie hissed at me, "Get out of my house! Get out of my house!" Unable to find or use any weapons she just kept hissing at me and pushing me. I explained to her that she had gone to an infohub after the welcome island -- they used to be randomly sent to them. And that it was a public place, not just "her house" which she assumed she got merely for making an account -- and not even a premium account. Entitlement attitudes are HUGE in some.

Some MMOs give every character a "home" so some people like that may be coming to SL from one of those games, and expecting it to work the same way.

• Like 2

I feel like I must confess something - unsure why.

I wandered into someone's house on the Bellisaria continent a couple of days ago. It was a lone house, on a hill top, close to a lighthouse. The lucky soul who managed to snag that excellent spot did not have any security on, and for that I am grateful. When I realised it was privately owned by someone, I carefully checked I hadn't left any footprints, and closed the door on my way out.

Whupps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Reminds me, there used to be a HUD called Hoppy Pay, I used to wear when a newbie, and that helped me to explore and find new places, but sometimes I landed in private homes. I made a few friends that way, but no doubt ended up on a few banned lists also. You are right, it does help shape your future in Second Life, when you are treated well and in a friendly manner when accidentally landing in private areas. 

My speed at fumbling for an emergency LM has never improved.  I need at least thirty seconds to realize I'm not where I intended and find the right thing to double-click.  Some people see that as weak, and they attack weak people.  There's no negative feedback for them, but of course there is for the person they attack.  The brave persevere, the rest tell their friends how awful Second Life is.

When I was a newbie, people were always giving me LMs, and there were newbie programs, and money trees, and blogs, none of which could be kept perfectly updated.  Even hunts have a 10% attrition, and they're about as current as destination lists get.  I landed in empty land or canals between parcels several times a week, and sometimes people's yards, and one time an atmospheric castle which I never did figure out if it was the store I was l looking for or not.  I remember one store which was still there but I arrived out of sight of it.  If the owner hadn't noticed me, I might not have found it.  It wasn't always a teleport reroute, sometimes I was just put in the wrong place.

Half the time there was no one around or I'd been bumped into a canal, so I had time to figure out that the place I was looking for was nearby or had moved to another region or gone, but almost as often I got sent home or cursed at or shot into the air, which quite ruins one's enthusiasm for shopping.  It's very bad for business.  When you have time to look for a place and find it, you might be in a celebratory mood.  You may muster the courage to walk out the front door (if there is one) and see what else is in the area.  But when you arrive somewhere and you get slammed and you can't remember which LM it was, well that's just too bad for the vendors in that batch of LMs.  I expect the hostile property owners would say "Good."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

What's the point of decorating a parcel if you can't show it off?  What's the point of playing a social game if you're not going to be social?  Alas, this is no longer the prevailing custom in Second Life.  My viewpoint is based upon older customs, when Second Life was new. 

If you do <something> , like decorating a parcel in this example, to show it off doesn't mean everyone else feel the same. I do it because I like doing it and purely for myself, and I find it relaxing. I also do a lot of other things just for myself in RL and SL, like getting good quality clothes, gadgets, overpriced collectors editions of games, modern hardware that I don't really need, because I already have last year's one etc. If anything I find it sad when people do something purely to show it off, or to get some kind of approval. I don't really judge them, though. We all have different needs in RL and in SL.

Also I hope you realize that SL really is not a "social game" for a large portion of its population. For some whole social aspect of it is a very minor part, for some others it just doesn't exist. You might not understand or agree with it, and it's fine. I also personally don't get see any appeal in some SL's activities; sailing/flying/driving, clubs with live music, things like breedables and related communities and content, or "roleplaying a family" just to new a few. Some of those you (or other people) might find enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I just can't wrap my head around not wanting to do that in a social game.  Why don't the anti-social go play an offline game?  I've tried to understand others' views on this issue, but it still makes very little logical sense

See above. But I'll also add my experience with traditional MMORPGs, because I often heard the same argument from "pro-social" portions of community there.

Gameplay/combat, world/lore, "farming" (in a sense of getting new equipment), leveling a character(s), dress up, or even a challenge. There's a lot of people who enjoy these aspects of mmos, and partially, or completely, ignore the community. Current generation of mmorpgs are aimed at such community, too. No longer you need to to find a guild or a group of people to do some end-game content, you just press the "dungeon finder" button and it'll find you a temporary party, often from different servers (means you won't even be able to contact them after the run), then you run said content and party disbands. Dedicated guilds/parties always have better results, of course, as they are better coordinated and there's no risk of having some bad players in your party that might ruin the run, but all options to play on your own are there.

See it like "living in a big city", with millions of people around, if you wish. Yes, they are around daily if you go outside, and there is nearly unlimited potential for activities for almost everyone, but social aspect will be exactly what you want it to be; it can be a big part of your life or it can be the bare minimum.

Edited by steeljane42
typos and more typos
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, LibGwen said:

My speed at fumbling for an emergency LM has never improved.  I need at least thirty seconds to realize I'm not where I intended and find the right thing to double-click.  Some people see that as weak, and they attack weak people.  There's no negative feedback for them, but of course there is for the person they attack.  The brave persevere, the rest tell their friends how awful Second Life is.

When I was a newbie, people were always giving me LMs, and there were newbie programs, and money trees, and blogs, none of which could be kept perfectly updated.  Even hunts have a 10% attrition, and they're about as current as destination lists get.  I landed in empty land or canals between parcels several times a week, and sometimes people's yards, and one time an atmospheric castle which I never did figure out if it was the store I was l looking for or not.  I remember one store which was still there but I arrived out of sight of it.  If the owner hadn't noticed me, I might not have found it.  It wasn't always a teleport reroute, sometimes I was just put in the wrong place.

Half the time there was no one around or I'd been bumped into a canal, so I had time to figure out that the place I was looking for was nearby or had moved to another region or gone, but almost as often I got sent home or cursed at or shot into the air, which quite ruins one's enthusiasm for shopping.  It's very bad for business.  When you have time to look for a place and find it, you might be in a celebratory mood.  You may muster the courage to walk out the front door (if there is one) and see what else is in the area.  But when you arrive somewhere and you get slammed and you can't remember which LM it was, well that's just too bad for the vendors in that batch of LMs.  I expect the hostile property owners would say "Good."

Well, it's certainly about perceptions, and for sure there are a lot of things that are not good for business (applies to real life of course as well as Second Life), and that old adage, not being able to please all of the people all of the time, comes in to play.

The things I tolerate in Second Life would for sure make me react on the frustrated to rage scale if they happened to me in real life, but mostly I take things with good humour in Second Life. I can fully see where you met with frustrations. We did well to get this far! 

If I had not been so fortunate as to make some excellent friends during my first fortnight, I undoubtedly would have GONE, never to return, and that was because Linden Lab leave so much to the residents. And I figure they feel they have enough residents to keep the place running - their statisticians must feed back to the CEO on a regular basis about concurrency, etc. 

My speed at escaping from a 0-30 second ejection warning has never improved, and landing at 0,0,0 or my old abandoned parcel of land on the mainland which is still set as my home location still disorientates me.

Edited by Marigold Devin
To add more

3 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I just can't wrap my head around not wanting to do that in a social game.  Why don't the anti-social go play an offline game?  I've tried to understand others' views on this issue, but it still makes very little logical sense.  Emotional sense, sure:  If you have very little in life, as I do, you damn well don't want someone taking your pixel kingdom away.  I get it.  I've had to deal with griefers when I ran a sandbox/homeless shelter/art collective.  They ruined it for everyone else.  I got so pissed I kicked EVERYONE out.

Rationally, though, I shouldn't have.  I should have focused on the difference between a griefer and a visitor.  Deal with the former harshly;  Embrace the latter warmly.

My viewpoint transfers over to how I behave when exploring.  If I see a green dot on the map, I head towards it.  Say hello.  Hope that I'm making a new friend, or at least an acquaintance, not a sourpuss that's gonna start screaming at me to get off their property -- usually screamed when I'm on the Linden Land in front of their home in Bellisseria, not their actual parcel *sigh*

The point of decorating a parcel, for some of us, is the pure artistic pleasure. It's for us, not you. If you happen to roam nearby and like the view, that's nice, but that's not why I decorate.

You are not being open to the idea that maybe, just maybe, not everyone is in SL for the same reasons/purpose/activities that you are. We are not cookie-cutter clones, and those of us who don't feel the need to "be social" (as you define it) are under no obligation to do so. It's this kind of pushy attitude that inspires some of us to use security in the first place. We don't want people in our faces demanding that we socialize. It would be nice if you would respect that, rather than wishing we would all just leave SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If people visit, I'm delighted.  What's the point of decorating a parcel if you can't show it off?  What's the point of playing a social game if you're not going to be social? 

Visitors are an opportunity to make a new friend.

I just can't wrap my head around not wanting to do that in a social game.  Why don't the anti-social go play an offline game?  I've tried to understand others' views on this issue, but it still makes very little logical sense. 

My viewpoint transfers over to how I behave when exploring.  If I see a green dot on the map, I head towards it.  Say hello.  Hope that I'm making a new friend, or at least an acquaintance, not a sourpuss that's gonna start screaming at me to get off their property\

If the door is open, I'll go in.  If it's not, I'll use that new feature, if in the log cabin area, to knock on the door or wall. \

You're starting with an erroneous assumption -- that SL is a social game. It is indeed that for some, but for others it is only a place to be creative, and for others it's a combination of social interaction and time spent alone creating. Just because you want the right to butt into my home and I don't want you to if I'm in the mood to be creative vs socializing at that particular time doesn't mean I'm anti-social (unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people). I only want to be able to CHOOSE WHEN I desire to interact with others.
I don't think you understand the creative process and how it usually requires some uninterrupted time alone, and I don't think you understand introverts as opposed to the extrovert you appear to be. Instead it appears you believe everybody should be just like you in order to have validity.

• Like 3

My orb reaction time is not that great either. I have put a few special landmarks into my favorites bar at the top of my screen. From before I had a home, i had places I could TP to fast, when i had a wardrobe malfunction or got orbed. It is easier to click one of these than to type any LM.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

If people visit, I'm delighted.  What's the point of decorating a parcel if you can't show it off?  What's the point of playing a social game if you're not going to be social?  Alas, this is no longer the prevailing custom in Second Life.  My viewpoint is based upon older customs, when Second Life was new.  My viewpoint will also be colored by being a Sims Online expat, a game/virtual world that was around before Second Life had even been released.  In The Sims Online, most players, though not all, enjoyed visitors.  In fact, there were even ranking boards for how many visitors you got each day.  Some folks took those boards very seriously, doing anything to be number one.

Ultimately, my attitude on visitors hasn't changed in the close to twenty years since I beta-tested The Sims Online:  Visitors are an opportunity to make a new friend.

If the door is open, I'll go in.  If it's not, I'll use that new feature, if in the log cabin area, to knock on the door or wall.  I figure if folks don't want me to even cross the parcel boundary and step on their pixel-grass, they'd use the security options.  And by "security options" I mean the Linden Home wall panel, not the Screech-O-Rama that they were born with.

And if they do screech?  Well, I just check 'em off the list of neighbors to get to know.  It's sad, but it's their loss.

I do play off line games and I am not anti-social TYVM. I still don't want random strangers inside my house without an invitation. What part of "it is my home" is so hard to understand? I've been in SL since 2004 and I have yet to see this "custom" you speak of. Most of us, in the beginning, didn't come to socialize. We came to create. The social part was just an added perk.

I don't like associating with other humans very much because of the way humans treat each other. Those who are surrounded by loving family and friends have no idea how rare that situation really is.

ETA: The only iterations of the Sims I have not played is Online. I've been playing Sims for 20 years. But there was no way I was going to play Online after hearing some of the horror stories of Sims Online and experiencing SL.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 7

Alas, this is no longer the prevailing custom in Second Life.  My viewpoint is based upon older customs, when Second Life was new. 

It's fun to be creative with others, and there was much shared creativity in those early years yes. But part of that creativity involved each person going off inside their head, alone, for periods of time...and then bringing back their newfound revelations.  You just couldn't see that part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

My orb reaction time is not that great either. I have put a few special landmarks into my favorites bar at the top of my screen. From before I had a home, i had places I could TP to fast, when i had a wardrobe malfunction or got orbed. It is easier to click one of these than to type any LM.

I just hit the home button in the FS viewer if I don't have a LM handy.

I just can't wrap my head around not wanting to do that in a social game.  Why don't the anti-social go play an offline game?

SL was not created specifically as a 'social game'.  Many of the original folks came simply to create and/or make money selling items or land.  

Just because many are social doesn't mean that all of SL is social.  

I just can't wrap my head around people that insist on defining SL in only one way.

• Like 8

Depends... 

There are different types of entry into our space. Some come into our home, which is mostly what is being talked about here. Others come into our space in various ways.

The region to the north of my home is a Safe Hub. So, lots of noobs. A few come wondering through. I am often amused by those that can't find the door. It has to be clicked to be opened. They bounce off the windows like bugs. I try to be helpful to most of them. But, there are a significant number that haven't figured out how to chat.

Then there are the ones that figured out how to attach their genitals and get a hard-on. I think they are excessively proud of that accomplishment. Unfortunately for me, they usually figure out how to open my door. Most of these guys are oblivious, self-centered, and totally inconsiderate. This is when I so love having the EJECT button. There have been some interesting men wonder through... 😵

Women and gays seem more aware of what is going on around them. But, there are lots of exceptions... So I never know who I am meeting... jerk or saint.

Then there are the out of nowhere drop ins...

Someone in the region cams in and starts talking. Usually happens when I am on the pose stand trying on clothes. "Hey babe, you are hot." (Is there a hint in there? Or just a sincere compliment?) Or they drop some corny pickup line. Or the even more frustrating "Hi" to which I reply "Hi" then nothing... what were they expecting? Flop and spread...

Even more odd are the few that apparently contact from the little used profile/interest matching. I start looking around to check them out. Like RL one's SL appearance does say something about one. But, these people are not in the region. Those often lead to interesting discussions. From this I think filling out one's Profile and especially the 'Likes" is important.

Then there are what I'll call the hook ups.

These are the people looking for a place to get their kink on. I suppose living in Zindra gets me more of these types. There are lots of hook up places in Zindra. People probably find my place when I am offline or away and LM the place. Or they search the region for Smash Couches.

I only ever see these people if I have forgotten and left the menus open on my furniture. These encounters are usually interesting ranging from novel conversations to invitations to join in. 

Security Orbs...

I fly and sail so these are the bane of my SL existence. I consider how one sets up the orb says a lot about the person. Are they aware of how their orb affects others? Are they concerned with only theirself? 

What is with the instant ejects? I'm flying over at 50kph and poof I am popped home. Or I am 300m up and get you have 15 second to leave... Or they have the orb set to reach way beyond their parcel and I can't sail through the channel without triggering it. I report lots of those people that let their oebs reach into public space.

These inconsiderate orb people bother me far more than noobs wondering into my home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.