Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

For me, I have fond memories of a few good friends and some places that I used to really enjoy. As a noob meeting my first mentors, Drako & Ravenfire. In the beginning, hanging out in Cyberpunk City. Meeting my first friend and later roommate, Kale. Our first home on Chaos. My short stint as a furry while hanging out with my friend Tozi. Getting my own castle on Toyah and gradually building it into an estate. My second love, Verge. My favorite clubs... Club Sanctuary. The Ivytower, DJ Matthias & Kiki and all the gang from there. Club Industry, DJ Digital Tiger, DJ Derfel, and my first live performance by Shadow Jack. My good friends Britt & DJ Star.

IvyTower Dancers.jpg

Snapshot_1065cr.png

Snapshot_315.png

What wonderful memories. All the people you met helped to shape your SL, and you helped to shape their's.

The middle photo made me particularly smile, because of the fire while dancing. My ex-partner loved the fire - everywhere! Sometimes people would send me IMs to ask him to turn his fire off because they said it made their SL go slow!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Exploring Second Life in 2009.

Exploring the Great Wall of China.

Exploring a Linden moonbase with San.

Exploring Zindra incognito.

380240.jpg

I chuckled at you exploring Zindra 'incognito' - exploring is such fun! I feel you should have been able to see the Great Wall of China from the Linden Moonbase ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

The Absinthe Cafe from May 2009.  The blonde is Clublane Flyer who owned New Orleans City then.  When she left at the end of the year, Sandrine and I took over the main region but let the other 3 go.  I miss Clubby.  The Cafe is still there but the funiture has been changed out for more modern mesh.

368915.jpg

I've got almost 1200 images on Snapzilla over the years so I could keep going.  I might pick out some more in a few days lol.

I hope you will add many more photos to this thread.  I have some on Flickr, but stopped using it years ago, and most I archived to USB/disk, but looking through them yesterday brought to mind some fabulous memories that I had temporarily forgotten.

It's strange how we can be so immersed in our virtual reality, know that we are sitting on a chair in a real life room, yet still feel we are our avatars. Our memories when we are old people may be quite strange and mixed up o.O  . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Artair Glendullen said:

1824666281_Snapshot_._StoRin_.Lalique(1787030).png.face6bf2bac0a95933bf20df8625c300.png

Friends! These two were my first actual SL friends, and not friends I knew before joining. We... lost contact a while back. This one's from 2011. That's me on the right.

1776186386_Snapshot_GayGermanyGayGermany(1365822).png.5551c0ac648fde04996355bbeb199b55.png

This one's super tiny because it didn't resize as 'well' as the other one, but this is from a group I met and hung out with for a little while in 2010. I'm far right again, I think? I remember going to a few places with them, but I kind of drifted off after they found a club to hang out in because I didn't really feel like I was supposed to be there.

Fabulous photos - the memories they have evoked.  Thank you for sharing. 

I think it's a bit like when you first start a new job, and become friends with anyone else who starts on the first day, then you drift apart and find other people more on your own wavelength.  Maybe. 

There are a couple of people on my friend list from the very early days in SL who still log in occasionally. We still swap landmarks like we used to do. She adores shoe shopping - I prefer to be barefoot! But we both like shopping for furniture and can still lose an hour or so of time browsing furniture stores.  

Some from around 2008 to around the end of 2010. Two years squished into four minutes. A bit busy and fast but show loads of ghosted avatars, some Greenies, other places that are no longer around. 

Music on/off.

My head hurts now though. Be warned!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

This is Bourbon Street on my New Orleans City in 2009.

381579.jpg

This is a picture I took last year (2020) just a short bit up the same street.

49571206283_de643af85d_h.jpg

Pretty much everything has improved from the scene to my avatar to my picture taking skills.

Just WOW - yes, a lot of improvements with everything BUT the memories you made in those early days were very good ones. I always love your photos, Amanda. New Orleans looks like a lively and vibrant place. 

July 2008, building a doorway to "hell" made me laggy and I was swimming in the air with my poor cat, Colin. 

587294690_july2008.thumb.jpg.06fead5a20925a74d1cbf41264c14935.jpg

More laggy swimming in the air from 2008. Oh my poor p u s s y !

949475489_lag2008.thumb.jpg.7977af783992b7ba0d198572aedf6ca9.jpg

Trying to keep the number of prims down, creating weird little one prim places. 

1218246084_20082.thumb.jpg.663cbcfffdf4768fa0f999e24c5fff7d.jpg

I am not very creative, which is why I prefer to go exploring and see what others create. Although this was a bit horrible, complete with squishy sound effects (glad it had no smell with it) as this thing lay it's larva in slime. 

2094449852_make2.thumb.jpg.65185289ec3dfeada7300a8dff24c111.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 5

Another from 2008, built on a sky platform on mainland we owned in 2008. I may have based the theme on "The Lady Lies" by Genesis, some words below photo:

763821812_20083.thumb.jpg.5efc694bdf6ab977a8f5bec32f4e3aba.jpg

Also it is whispered
In the kingdom far and wide
To beware a little cottage
In the forest in a glade

For who knows what magic takes place in his world
So he just thanks her kindly preparing to go on his way
"Come with me I need you
I fear the dark and I live all alone

I'll give you wine and food too
And something special after if you like

Come to my garden
Taste the fruits and the spices of love
You can't resist me
I'm the kind that your dreams tell you of

So glad you could make it
We had everything arranged
So glad you saw fit to pay a call"

Some men never listen
And other never learn
But why this man did as he did
Only he will ever know

He knew he was walking
Into a waiting trap
Neatly set up for him
With a bait so richly wrapped

So he went inside there to take on what he found
But he never escaped them, for who can escape what he desires

"Come with me I need you
I fear the dark and I live all alone
I'll give you wine and food too
And something special after if you like"
Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 5

Old photo, but this one makes me a bit sad as the person behind female avie was at a time really special to me and I honestly fell for her. But, my heart was broken and I sort of learned back then to not take SL seriously afterwards. Still, I miss taking pictures with others and especially her.

FCB79B0C-862D-4957-8FD9-F085481EDCA6.jpeg

• Like 8

This is December 2006.  While out shopping with my first SL BF for animations I experienced my first griefer.   And yes I do believe it was at Cristiano Midnight's store.  I'd forgotten that til i noticed the name on the store tonight.

He shot me with a cager gun that looked more like a tentacle than a cage.

2614515547_a58671cc70_b.jpg

I sat on one of the animation vendors to escape.  Not bad for being less than a month old lol.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.