Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

10 years ago my first SL partner vanished from the grid. I was afraid the swine-flu had gotten her, but in reality she was battling stage 4 cancer which had snuck up on her. I was so relieved when she finally reappeared. (And was in full remission!) She ultimately left SL to focus on her health, family, and friends.

She's OK!

So many SL partners - and people - just vanish. It must have been a worrying time for you when your partner disappeared. I am glad you were able to be back in contact. 

Cancer is a b1tch. :( 

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Since we've just come out of Fantasy Faire, here are some 'volunteering' ones that I can find.  My memory fails as to when exactly I took active roles but the photos jog it a bit.

Sitting with Desmond Shang at the Caledon RFL campsite in 2010.  I think it was the next year that I was Co-Captain.  

Guv and me at RFL.jpg

Captain for the New Babbage RFL team in 2014.

Volunteer Lead for OBR in 2015, and Stage Manager in 2016.Team

I was an Artistic Liaison for Fantasy Faire in (I think) 2014 and 2016.  This is me having the strange experience of meeting my mesh self on the Quest in 2015, where I played the Princess Flora.

FF Talking to Flora 2015.jpg

These outfits are sensational. Somewhere buried in my inventory I have similar, but not quite as fancy as the one on the right - those sleeves are fabulous.

Curious to know, when you first became a resident of Second Life, did you know you would be a volunteer? I had no clue which paths I was going to go down. You certainly come across as someone with a massive sense of fun, as well as having purpose in your SLife.  

• Thanks 1

this is from my first week in sl, after i got banned from many sims because owners thought i am vamp,lol.And this is my first place-Sexy Nude beach,where dressed was only newbies)))

dude near me was nice until he started to talk about that women talk too much,i never saw a lot of bla bla in one sentence,but it was even funny, not offensive. i miss these days too much.

original_4f6a05e3ffda9f5a35000001.png

original_4f7c5ac4586e2e3bd4000001.png

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

this is from my first week in sl, after i got banned from many sims because owners thought i am vamp,lol.And this is my first place-Sexy Nude beach,where dressed was only newbies)))

dude near me was nice until he started to talk about that women talk too much,i never saw a lot of bla bla in one sentence,but it was even funny, not offensive. i miss these days too much.

original_4f6a05e3ffda9f5a35000001.png

I am laughing that you were banned because they thought you were a vamp. I was banned from several places too, especially when I was a newbie. What a lot of shops there were at that beach. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

after i got banned from many sims because owners thought i am vamp,lol.

I've pretty much always had some sort of indication of being a vampire in my profile, I never got banned just for being a vampire.

... Except that one time in Oxbridge, but that had less to do with me being a vampire, and more to do with backstabbing and drama and a zealously incompetent and paranoid staff.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I am laughing that you were banned because they thought you were a vamp. I was banned from several places too, especially when I was a newbie. What a lot of shops there were at that beach. 

in all cases owners just don t knew i use starter avatar and they don t wanted any exlanations  and users reported me because thought i had that vamp bite hud(i will eat them all,yum yum).also i was banned because of startr avi fangs.it was my best memories i think)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

I've pretty much always had some sort of indication of being a vampire in my profile, I never got banned just for being a vampire.

... Except that one time in Oxbridge, but that had less to do with me being a vampire, and more to do with backstabbing and drama and a zealously incompetent and paranoid staff.

many people reported other avatars just because they thought it s vamp avi))it was popular thing in 2012😄or it was just lucky me

14 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

in all cases owners just don t knew i use starter avatar and they don t wanted any exlanations  and users reported me because thought i had that vamp bite hud(i will eat them all,yum yum).also i was banned because of startr avi fangs.it was my best memories i think)

They sound like funny fun memories, Panteleeva.

I was a bit of a "bad girl" in my time. I used to go to a sex club (that isn't the bad bit). I used to kiss men (that isn't the bad bit).  The kiss was DEADLY. 

It was funny ... at the time. (2008)

kiss dead 1a.jpg

kiss dead 1.jpg

kiss dead 2.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
Windows Vista, low graphics. Bad bad bad photos. Good funny memories.
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

many people reported other avatars just because they thought it s vamp avi))it was popular thing in 2012😄or it was just lucky me

Perhaps they got spooked by your charm and thought you must be a supernatural seductress? Come to think of it, I tend to spook people too .. Not through being charming, mind. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

.December 2007, I'd been in Second Life a month, it seemed like forever already. Got me a cat (Colin) and went to Brighton beach. 

I know, I know, the shoes are MASSIVE - I learned how to resize later.

23.12.07 Colin and Marigold, Brighton sea front (windlight viewer).jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
technical problems sorted - Windows Vista is sooooo over
  • Like 6

I always loved the creativity and imagination of Second Life's residents, always so much to explore and admire.  

In real life at the time, I owned yellow cockatiels. Imagine how fab it was to come face to face with a big yellow bird at Greenies Home Rezzable in 2008.

13.01.08 Massive yellow bird at Greenies SIM.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Orwar said:

Come to think of it, I tend to spook people too ..

Nonsense. On this very forum there' s proof you are considered too cute to be spooky.

ETA : Admitted. You did spook Scylla effectively.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:53 AM, Orwar said:

Yes, sometimes they were like that.  I spent my first 3 months in SL meandering back and forth from there to NCI and back again.  Some times they just had no sense of humor at all.

For me, I have fond memories of a few good friends and some places that I used to really enjoy. As a noob meeting my first mentors, Drako & Ravenfire. In the beginning, hanging out in Cyberpunk City. Meeting my first friend and later roommate, Kale. Our first home on Chaos. My short stint as a furry while hanging out with my friend Tozi. Getting my own castle on Toyah and gradually building it into an estate. My second love, Verge. My favorite clubs... Club Sanctuary. The Ivytower, DJ Matthias & Kiki and all the gang from there. Club Industry, DJ Digital Tiger, DJ Derfel, and my first live performance by Shadow Jack. My good friends Britt & DJ Star.

IvyTower Dancers.jpg

Snapshot_1065cr.png

Snapshot_315.png

Edited by Dementia Obviate
  • Like 6

The Absinthe Cafe from May 2009.  The blonde is Clublane Flyer who owned New Orleans City then.  When she left at the end of the year, Sandrine and I took over the main region but let the other 3 go.  I miss Clubby.  The Cafe is still there but the funiture has been changed out for more modern mesh.

368915.jpg

I've got almost 1200 images on Snapzilla over the years so I could keep going.  I might pick out some more in a few days lol.

• Like 3

1824666281_Snapshot_._StoRin_.Lalique(1787030).png.face6bf2bac0a95933bf20df8625c300.png

Friends! These two were my first actual SL friends, and not friends I knew before joining. We... lost contact a while back. This one's from 2011. That's me on the right.

1776186386_Snapshot_GayGermanyGayGermany(1365822).png.5551c0ac648fde04996355bbeb199b55.png

This one's super tiny because it didn't resize as 'well' as the other one, but this is from a group I met and hung out with for a little while in 2010. I'm far right again, I think? I remember going to a few places with them, but I kind of drifted off after they found a club to hang out in because I didn't really feel like I was supposed to be there.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.