My avatar is slowly sliding downhill......why?

Nefari Nandahar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!

I have a problem that I noticed some time ago. I slide downhill, even at the smallest elevation.

Standing on the beach? I slowly slide down into the water.

Coming to a small, small elevation on a road? As soon as I stop, I start to slide down.

Standing on a small grassy hill? I must stand on the top, otherwise I slide down.

Have compared with friends. They don't slide.

I have turned of and detached my AO...doesnt matter...I still slowly slide down at all elevations.

Does anyone here know why? Is it my computer that is playing games with me or have I messed up some setting by mistake?

Don't know how long this has been going on, I noticed it recently when I was taking some photos...

Thankful for all the help I can get.

Nefari

Hi, are you wearing any other attachments, like an antipush, flight assist, shield, multipurpose tool, shoes or wings that might have the same functions, etc.? Those try to assist avatar physics in different ways, but some of them are buggy. Some of the older antipush scripts are really good at causing this problem.

On a good steep slope all avatars will slide a little, it's a side effect of how SL physics work, but you should not be sliding on just a little slope if everyone else can keep still. Network lag can make an illusion that this is happening, but it is probably real if your friends can see you sliding too.

Lag can make it appear as if you are sliding down or across something and others may also see you lagging.  However, it sounds more likely as if you have another attachment (HUD perhaps?) that is interfering with your avatar physics.  Check everything out by removing one at a time to find the offending attachment.

Thanks to both of you. I think you nailed it, even though it sorted itself out . I got Ruthed and in the process of getting my old self back I had to use the "girl next door" avatar. And guess? She didnt slide!

I had a jump tool on me, that I had forgotten to take off. Probably been wearing it for months...

Thanks for your time and answers both of you. You are both smarter then me:matte-motes-smile:

See you on the other side:matte-motes-smile:

Nefari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.