Sign in to follow this  
Bell Lectar

How do I fix the "Initializing VFS" issue?

I had it earlier. Reinstalled many times and it didn't help. Then the viewer randomly became openable again.

Now I see there is a viewer update, and stupidly decide to check if they fixed the clear cache button causing the "Initializing VFS" issue.

Of course they didn't and by checking I have permanetly broken my SL.  :(

How can I fix it now? Reinstaling with a reboot at every step doesn't help.

Thank you very much Thinkerer Melville! These links have indeed helped me to find a way to restore my viewer by finding these files it leaves behind after you uninstall it and get in the way for it to ever work again.

Now every time it needs reinstall I know to delete those.

Hopefully it'll work in the future too ^^

Hello everyone. I am having the same problem.

I deleted the Second Life folders in roaming and local, and reinstalled Second Life. So far Iit always says, "Initializing VFS" then the crash logger appears, and then nothing happens. I can't even  get into login page.

I tried to use other viewers hoping it will fix this issue: Phoenix, Firestorm and Singularity,  but so far nothing worked. I've been a member for three years, and I haven't encountered this problem before.

IS anyone willing to help?

iv had this going on for days now i unstall sl i update all my drivers and even  managed to log in to sl i did the update they  said about then went to log back in to sl then  the same thing happens all over again  come on sl fix this please thank you