So Many Places to go, Not Many Friends to Talk To..

xVallerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello(:

I Joined on Second Life this May 5 (And Still a Noob ^^)

I Already Knew The Most steps of Second life, I Love Exploring Here on SL.. Lots of Things to do.. But No one to Talk To Eh :\, And I Feel So Lonely.. Since I Got No one to Talk To.. I'm a Pretty Shy person So I Dont Really Like Asking Peoples, I Feel Dumb When i Ask someone Cause I'm afraid If I Talk to them and They'll Say Something mean like Go Away xD

So Who Else Needs a Friend? Cause I Do :matte-motes-not-even:

I'm a Playful, Shy, And Sometimes Hyper :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

So Will Anyone Be My Friend? Someone Who Will Help Me, Explore With Me And Interact?

Right Now I'm So Bored, Grabbing up Freebies.. :matte-motes-asleep:

If you would be My Friend,Add me I'm xVallerie (:

Welcome to SL!

I am only a couple of months old, but have been to many places and made many friends and admirers in my short time.

At first, I did not know where to start...I did not have a game plan on what I wanted to accomplish on SL...I just dove into the water.

First off, you might want to write up your profile so people who click on you will know you a bit better.

Second, add pics of your avatar as a profile pic.

Third, go to places that interest you, join a few groups there.

Shop around at a freebie marketplace and get some clothes/apparel, a new skin/shape, anything to make yourself look less like a noob and more like fitting in.

So far, this is all looks and profile I am speaking of, in my experience how your avatar looks and how your profile is seen determines how much social interaction goes with first contact.

I am normally a sociable person in RL and SL, i received more responses when I rid myself of my noob status.

In terms of places to go,  SL area that pique your interests may not be popular with other people, so many places may be devoid of any life (been there, done that).

Try to go to places like clubs if that is your scene, malls, concerts if you like that. 

Go to destination guide and look under the pull-down menu "Popular Places"

It might be hard to teleport to due to many people being there, but its a start.

I met many friends and dates at those popular places.

Have fun!

You can add me, as most of my friends are women or women avatars. I could possibly show you a place or 2 and even introduce you to some of my friends. I have one who likes finding amusement rides lol. I think she would enjoy having a new friend to go exploring with.

xVallerie wrote:

Hello(:

I Joined on Second Life this May 5 (And Still a Noob ^^)

I Already Knew The Most steps of Second life, I Love Exploring Here on SL.. Lots of Things to do.. But No one to Talk To Eh :\, And I Feel So Lonely.. Since I Got No one to Talk To.. I'm a Pretty Shy person So I Dont Really Like Asking Peoples, I Feel Dumb When i Ask someone Cause I'm afraid If I Talk to them and They'll Say Something mean like Go Away
xD

So Who Else Needs a Friend? Cause I Do :matte-motes-not-even:

I'm a Playful, Shy, And Sometimes Hyper :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

So Will Anyone Be My Friend? Someone Who Will Help Me, Explore With Me And Interact?

Right Now I'm So Bored, Grabbing up Freebies.. :matte-motes-asleep:

If you would be My Friend,Add me I'm
xVallerie
(:

Hi XVallerie!  I would be glad to be your friend!  Just friend me in world.  There is a place that comes to mind also if you are looking to chat.  Try Help People Island.  Lots of friendly and helpful people there, and a great free store!  Woot!

Peace!

Hello vallerie and welcome to Second Life. My feeling is that you will make many friends with this topic. Feel free to add me in world if you wish. Also my advice is that you don't need to be shy neighter to afraid to talk to new people. You never know where and under which conditions you will find your best friends. So no more sad emoticons, only happy ones. We are all here at first to have fun! Try to enjoy and all of use we are here for everything you need in your first SL steps. :)

Hi Val, welcome to SL (and to the forums). Majestic gave you good tips. If you enjoy music and dancing, clubs are good places to make friends. I met almost all the friends I have in clubs (and some in this forum too, /me winks at Hippie). In general, smaller clubs are more friendly (and less laggy). I would suggest you pick up some according to your taste in the Destination Guide and visit. And, don't be shy, type in local chat with others, friendship offers will come very quickly!

I wish you a happy SL life! :smileyhappy:

Welcome to SL!  I've only been here a lil over a month. It's a lot of fun, most peple you meet are sooo nice.  I stumbled across a site for SL that is identical to facebook but strictly for SL users. 

Check it out if interested

www.2ndhub.com

I'm actually learning to DJ currently to increase my social life,  but there's alot more paths you could take.  I just love my music :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Hey I'm new too! Although it says i join over a year ago, just finally had time to get on here and start exploring! You can add me too as a friend, i will gladdly go shopping with you! :)

Also so far clubs have been the best spot for me.

Good luck! Look forwarding to shopping with you!

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.