You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, pinkpreema01 said:

I bought a gaming laptop  recently and I can't get the build tool to work for some reason. Please help!

When you say "build tool" you're referring to the "Build" option in the viewer for building with prims?   The first thing to do is to make sure that you are in a land area which allows you to build.  Not all land allows everyone to build on it.  If you are on a parcel of land that you own or rent, or on land where you are a member of a group that is allowed to build and you are wearing the group tag for that group, you should be able to build.  Otherwise, you will need to find a public sandbox to do your building in.  You should be able to search for "sandbox" using the search function in the viewer. 

If you are on land where you have permission to build, and it is still not working for you, would you provide some specifics about what happens when you try to build and how it is not working.  

• Like 1

Hi Moira,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I was able to figure out what the problem was. I had the bulldozer tool slider to the far left. Moving the slider to the right seemed to fix the problem.

• Like 1

I've had that problem before, also :)   The slider all the way to the left on the land tools is basically 'off' and all the way to the right is maximum.  

• Like 1

I'm learning the basics, Second Life reminds me of the Sims game, but it's way more advanced. I think I have to keep track of my regions settings because for some strange reason, I lost my butterfly wings.😓

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.