Followers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I rarely look at my own profile but I got a notice that I had a new follower.  I haven't got many, and that's fine with me because I really don't know what to do with them.  Am I supposed to feed them or buy them clothes or something?  

Leave them snacks, like I do on my profile. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I rarely look at my own profile but I got a notice that I had a new follower.  I haven't got many, and that's fine with me because I really don't know what to do with them.  Am I supposed to feed them or buy them clothes or something?  

Give them Lindens L$....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's a little unnerving, being followed.  On the one hand, it's mildly flattering to have an entourage waiting to have you drop pearls of wisdom or maybe artifacts that can be traded like Hitler's pencil box and the Dalai Lama's toenail clippings. I've rarely had anyone outside of my family eager for an autograph (except on a deed or a personal check), but I've imagined what movie stars and pop music icons must feel like.  Fame could be fun, even if fleeting.

The downside of having followers, though, is that you have to keep slipping out the back door to avoid them. I don't really want anyone collecting my toenail clippings or posting sightings to tell the world where I had brunch and with whom.  What are all those followers expecting?  Can I trust them to maintain a safe 6 foot social distance?  Or am I supposed to reciprocate by following them, maybe?  It's all too confusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Leave them snacks, like I do on my profile. 

Followed. Snacks, please. Holds hand out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Man, are you gonna be disappointed. 😂

You took my following-virginity, and I get no snacks? I have been taken advantage of! 

• Haha 5

I have followers, and I'm flattered they find me interesting enough to follow.

I just wonder why it hasn't occurred to them that I have no idea where I'm going.

ETA: I don't follow anyone. It's not that nobody's interesting enough, most of you are. I really don't know how following works, and I worry that it might lead me to miss interesting commentary by people I'm not following.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have followers, and I'm flattered they find me interesting enough to follow.

I just wonder why it hasn't occurred to them that I have no idea where I'm going.

It's tempting to find out just how devoted they may be.  I haven't tried this yet myself, but perhaps you could develop a robust obstacle course -- waterfalls, ziplines, windmill blades and other devices that pop out to menace people -- and then see who is besotted enough to keep up as you run through it.  Just a thought.  After all, there are "followers" and there are "apostles".  It would be nice to know which yours are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Better?

I don't even know what half of those things are. Can I have some broiled marrow on toast instead? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No. 

You're getting such a bad rating on-- The uh. Rating thing that people apparently use. Whatever the heck that is. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You're getting such a bad rating on-- The uh. Rating thing that people apparently use. Whatever the heck that is. 

tenor.gif

Put the brush down and your hands against the wall.  NOW!!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Orwar said:

tenor.gif

All publicity is good publicity, or something like that!

P.S. Your gif is one of my faves. I can relate so much.

tenor-208827024.gif

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's a little unnerving, being followed.  On the one hand, it's mildly flattering to have an entourage waiting to have you drop pearls of wisdom or maybe artifacts that can be traded like Hitler's pencil box and the Dalai Lama's toenail clippings. I've rarely had anyone outside of my family eager for an autograph (except on a deed or a personal check), but I've imagined what movie stars and pop music icons must feel like.  Fame could be fun, even if fleeting.

The downside of having followers, though, is that you have to keep slipping out the back door to avoid them. I don't really want anyone collecting my toenail clippings or posting sightings to tell the world where I had brunch and with whom.  What are all those followers expecting?  Can I trust them to maintain a safe 6 foot social distance?  Or am I supposed to reciprocate by following them, maybe?  It's all too confusing.

Ooooo, I am one of your followers. I haven't made a nuisance of myself yet though, by slipping six eyelashes into an envelope and pushing it underneath your front door ;) I'm not expecting milk and cookies, or you to follow me back either - I follow you because to me you are the font of all knowledge, and if anyone should be "winning the day" and getting that gold trophy, it's YOU! Your posts have actual value, you have helped countless numbers of residents over a period of many years, while I have been very much an also ran, who bailed out for several years. You have just kept on going.

Not meaning to sound like I am blowing smoke up your arse, just I do have deep admiration for all you have done over the years, and the patience that you have exercised.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Not meaning to sound like I am blowing smoke up your arse, just I do have deep admiration for all you have done over the years, and the patience that you have exercised. 

OK, now I'm feeling giddy. I'll have to rush out and buy some designer sunglasses. You have bumped my Monday up a notch.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Oh dear. I've never followed anyone. No one told me there were $Ls and snacks involved!

I get so itchy with the idea of followers that I selected the option of "don't allow anyone to follow", sorry @Paul Hexem! :) I did have a couple of followers when I reset that months ago, and it bleeped them out of existence, and I felt badly about that. I hope they didn't get a message like you do from Group bootings, which are rather rude and blunt. 

I can't imagine why I'd want to follow anyone... I mean, y'all are wonderful and drop pearls of wisdom by the hour, so I'm probably being remiss or something. I guess if I wandered around the Forum more it would make sense. I basically only hang out in a few places. I've followed a few threads, especially if they are in some weird nook or cranny of the Forum. I'm sure I'd follow people in the more technical parts.

What was the question again?

ETA: I will happily follow ANYONE for a monthly subscription of

image.png.e44651f3c5ff259fc261b4d1e65c4fe4.png

I may be for sale, but I'm not cheap.

Edited by Seicher Rae
my price
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh dear. I've never followed anyone. No one told me there were $Ls and snacks involved!

I get so itchy with the idea of followers that I selected the option of "don't allow anyone to follow", sorry @Paul Hexem! :) I did have a couple of followers when I reset that months ago, and it bleeped them out of existence, and I felt badly about that. I hope they didn't get a message like you do from Group bootings, which are rather rude and blunt. 

I can't imagine why I'd want to follow anyone... I mean, y'all are wonderful and drop pearls of wisdom by the hour, so I'm probably being remiss or something. I guess if I wandered around the Forum more it would make sense. I basically only hang out in a few places. I've followed a few threads, especially if they are in some weird nook or cranny of the Forum. I'm sure I'd follow people in the more technical parts.

What was the question again?

ETA: I will happily follow ANYONE for a monthly subscription of

image.png.e44651f3c5ff259fc261b4d1e65c4fe4.png

I may be for sale, but I'm not cheap.

Following.

original.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.