Grey anomalies appearing on map

Saphyre Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have been seeing some grey anomalies the past few days over the Victorian regions of bellisseria , both on the maps.secondlife.com web page , and on the in world map. they appear over the Victorian regions, and not old bellisseria or  the new log homes. I have asked around to a few people and they see them also , so is not just me. Anyone have any ideas  what they are or what is causing this glitch?

grey rejion anomolies_001.jpg

• Like 1

Debris from a crashed starship.  Aliens have arrived and cannot leave.  😉

Is the stuff gone now?

---  I went and looked.  Only one was still on the World Map, so I went to that region.  At the center of where the large object appeared on the map, I found a home owner had set their parcel to allow everyone to build and had disabled auto-return.  This is what happens.  Talk to your neighbors?  Educate them?  Enjoy the debris?

Takes just a second or two to identify all the open-build parcels in a region using a script.

Edited by Ardy Lay
adding additional information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For Bellisseria, since many of the home owners are either fairly new to SL or fairly new to land ownership (as shown by many of the questions we get here in the forums), it would help if the Build option defaulted to Group rather than Everyone.

@Abnor Mole - Maybe something for you all to discuss, assuming it wouldn't be too difficult to code that in.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Those are "Happy Fun Time Rainbow" griefer objects.

Oh, is that what they are. I thought the map builder was broken, or someone's sky ad sign generator had loaded a bad texture.

• Like 1

• Moles

Resident parcels are already set to Build and Object Entry unchecked for "Everyone" when we release them (as well as sounds and voice restricted to the parcel). What residents set them to after that is beyond the control of us wee Moles.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.