the "X" to cancel searches is gone from the viewer Search Bars?

Fitch Woodrunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Searching for items in Inventory is still a bit silly, but my best method is to type the name of the thing I need, such as "Chucks" and everything related to that will show up. When I find the one set of Chucks I want, I would highlight that selection, then I would click the X in the search bar, to cancel the search, and the Inventory would automatically scroll to the item I selected.

The problem is, that X is now gone. So  I've had to highlight everything in the search bar, delete it, and hope I could find the folder I needed again.

1 answer to this question

By this I presume that you mean it has been changed in an update in which case the is not much you can really do about it.  Good news however is that if you continue to do the same as before highlighing the item then deleting it from the search box the item will still remain highlighted so you can see it at a glance by scrolling to it.  In addition because it is highlighted pressing the up or down arrow keys (changing the selection by one place) will cause the scrollbars to zoom directly down to the point of the highlighted item anyway.  (Tested using v2.x based firestorm viewer to check it works)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.