RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I think Black Dragon viewer is worth the effort to figure out, because it has the POSER feature.

For this reason alone I would never go back to making pics without Black Dragon. That poser is just pure awesomeness :)

Graphics look better too, and more options for shadows and stuff. Just do not try to actually walk around and do stuff using BD, it's not very good at that, but I assume its made just for photography.

Pic just done with BD:

Snapshot_012.png

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Graphics look better too, and more options for shadows and stuff. Just do not try to actually walk around and do stuff using BD, it's not very good at that, but I assume its made just for photography.

Is walking around broken or did i miss something? Last time i checked you could walk around just fine and all basic functionality the LL Viewer offers worked too. What would make you say that?

12 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Is walking around broken or did i miss something? Last time i checked you could walk around just fine and all basic functionality the LL Viewer offers worked too. What would make you say that?

With everything on ultra settings and set up for pictures, it tends to start to lag quite a bit when zooming out or walking around, specially in more detailed suroundings. Also slower rezzing new textures on items, probably because of the higher quality graphic settings. So in all, its not as fluent an experience as you would like for normal day to day use. That's why everyone at least I know using BD for their blogs or other pictures switch to BD for pics, and back to FS/LL mostly, for everything else.

I don't mind at all, for pictures its the best thing that has happened in SL, and that's what I use your viewer for.

Edited by Zeta Vandyke

7 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

With everything on ultra settings and set up for pictures, it tends to start to lag quite a bit when zooming out or walking around, specially in more detailed suroundings.

That's why they are called Ultra settings, they are ULTRA. I wouldn't expect a 18 year old engine to perform decently well with settings labeled "Ultra" unless they are potato graphics in reality.

7 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Also slower rezzing new textures on items, probably because of the higher quality graphic settings.

No, thats due to the Viewer using the free image decoding library OpenJpeg rather than the paid (and very expensive) KDU library (which is supposedly a lot faster)

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, NiranV Dean said:

No, not broken. I do sort of agree with Zeta and I use viewers like many do, BD for photography and FS for most everything else and LL for testing new features.

A big reason is FS' favorites and simpler Phototools. Having learned those first, I've had a challenge learning to use the camera tools in BD. The arrangement and naming is too different and that is annoying. But that is a me thing, not a viewer thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.