Donate "No Transfer" Item To Group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Aloha all. Thanks to the remarkable kindness of a creator I now have several similar items. They are all Copy - Modify - No Transfer, but I would love it if other people could enjoy the items too. I can't give or resell, but noticed under Inventory Item Properties that I can share with a group. With that in mind, I'm wondering if I could create a new private group, and share the items with a small handful of friends. 

What I don't see is HOW to share an inventory item with a group. For example, Inventory Item Properties doesn't have a way to specify which group.

When I pull up one random group's profile, I saw Moderate Content in the lower right corner. Not sure if that means "edit content" and I could add items, or if Moderate Content refers to G-M-T.

Is sharing a No Transfer item with a group I form possible? If so, how?

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Waiomao said:

Is sharing a No Transfer item with a group I form possible? If so, how?

the best we can do with a non-transfer item, is to share the use of it by rezzing it inworld on a parcel

• Like 2

What Molly said.  You can rez them and set them for sharing with the group, but nobody else in the group can actually Take them.  Thus the sharing only works with items you'd use inworld -- games, vehicles, etc.....

• Like 1

Thanks Molly and LittleMe! Yeah LittleMe, the items are vehicles, and I didn't want them to disappear when I left a sim. Oh well. I understand though, creators have to protect their business.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.