Owner of Group set to Land and Can't post Events

Maia Torrance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was given Owner title of a group which is set to the land of which I need to post Events for. It is still not showing up under My Group Parcels. Other Owners have no problem so not sure why its not showing up for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is not the parcel because other owners in the group can post events and is showing up in their Group Parcel section in Events.

I have tried logging out and back in - we have tried other options within the group as well.

When I go to the Events Section of the secondlife website to post the land is not showing up under My Group Parcels as an option. 

1 answer to this question

Is the parcel in question large enough, among other things one of the conditions to be able to post an event is that the parcel be over 512m2 in size.  In addition for it to work via group the land must be deeded to the group not merely set to the group.  You will also not be able to post events if you have already posted 5 events in total (not per parcel).

Bellow are the main conditions for a parcel to show up in the list and be eligable to host an event taken from the events TOS page located at https://secondlife.com/my/community/events/tos.php

• You personally own the parcel and it is at least 512 square meters in size.
  • The parcel is owned by a group that you are an owner of, or that you have the 'host events' ability for, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel is in a private island that you are on the access list of, and is at least 512 square meters.
  • The parcel belongs to Governor Linden and is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout.
  • The parcel belongs to a friend, it is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout, and is at least 512 square meters.

If you are sure that all of those apply to the parcel then try the following steps they may help.

1. First give relogging your viewer a try there has beena recent issue that some group permission changes down take effect until a relog has occured on the users account.
  2. If that fails you could consider trying to leave the group and have the group owner invite you again directly to the owner role, after accepting the invite relog and try posting your event again.

If you are still having issues please do come back and edit your post adding that you have tried those steps and if you could also confirm exactly where the failure is occuring is the parcel not showing in the events list? Or are you able to try posting the event and it is failing somehow? Specifics are really useful to ensure you get the best help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.