Combining Prims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought my 1024 land I get with a Premium account and my partner did the same. The lots are side by side.

Is there a way for us to combine them in a way we can use the total 702 prims anywhere on either lot, yet keep it so they count as our tier-free Premium land?

Yes, there is, @ScottFinell!

The land needs to be group-owned.

• One of you create a group.  This involves a modest fee.
  • Invite your partner to the group.  Groups must have a minimum of two members, or they are dissolved within 48 hours.
    • Here we come to a sticky bit.  I recommend that only one of you be in the Owner role.  The reason is that partnerships, and friendships, may not last.  But once you put another person in the Owner role in a group, you cannot revoke it or remove them from the group.
  • Now, on your land parcel, right click the ground and choose About Land.
  • Be sure you are wearing the tag for the group you created!
  • Choose Set to Group
  • Choose Deed.  Also select Owner Makes Contribution With Deed.

Your parcel should now be shown as owned by your group.  Now, your partner repeats the last four steps in the above list, on THEIR parcel.

Finally, either one of you should be able to right click the ground and choose Edit Terrain.  Choose the Select option.  Drag out a selection rectangle that includes at least part of both parcels and choose Join.  They will become a single parcel.  (Or, you can skip this step, if you prefer to keep the two parcels separate, so as to be able to play different music or media streams.  Either way, the total prims of the two parcels will be available to both of you, as group members.)

There's a hidden bonus, too.  Group-owned land gets a 10% tier bonus.  So, once you've donated your 1024 sq m. (each) to your group, the group can then own an additional 192 sq m. of land without either of you having to pay a monthly tier fee.  Maybe there's another small parcel for sale in your region!

For more information, see:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups-r48/

and

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/group-owned-land-r32/#Section__3

Oh...one caution.  All of this only works if the two parcels are IN THE SAME REGION.  If they are side by side, but in different regions, ignore all of the above.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 3

Thank you so much!

I did figure it was something like that but the few things I could find were rather confusing and I didn’t want to do the wrong thing and maybe not be able to back out if it.

Your info was clear and very detailed and we had no trouble following it and getting the land to how we wanted it.

Thanks again!

Also note that if this is a new friend rather than someone you know well, there can be problems down the road. We see comments on that here from time to time. Frequently GROUP LAND is owned by the same typist with a number of alts (a money saving thing but not quite as good as awhile ago :D).  So just be aware. People fall out of friendship and bad things can happen.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So just be aware. People fall out of friendship and bad things can happen.  

That's good advice but if things turn that bad (I hope they don't) they probably don't want to live next to each other anyway. So you simply withdraw your tier from the group and use it to cover some land you buy elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.