DARN. You have been logged out of second life. This region may be experiencing trouble.

cylx Abramovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

The message says that the region may be experiencing trouble. So ... .as Lilith asked, have you tried logging in somewhere else to see if it's just a problem with that one region?  If you are logged out from a different region too, then it is your connection that's the problem.

Well, then, if you get the same result at a different region in world, it is almost certainly your connection.  Remember that a connection that may be fine for simple things like watching YouTube videos and playing on-line games may not be good enough for Second Life and that download speed is not a significant measure of quality.  How have you tested it?  Have you tried the suggestions in Nalates's blog?  What are your packet loss and sim ping numbers like?  When was the last time you reset your modem and router?  Have you tried using a different DNS server than the ones already in your router? Have you tried using a direct cable connection to the router instead of wifi?  What temperature have your CPU and graphics card been running at?  Are your fans running properly and is air flow unobstructed?  

Edited by Rolig Loon
Clarity
  • Like 2

Well, I have tested the packet loss on SL viewer. Result is below. I have 0,7% loss  and a huge ping.  But when I have tested the packet loss on https://packetlosstest.com/  I have   0%  packet loss and ping is below 100ms.

So does it means I have a problem with SL viewer?  I have re-installed the viewer but still got the same problem

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Yeah, that's a gigantic ping time and an unacceptably high packet loss.  If you are anywhere in North America, you ought to be getting a ping time under 100 ms unless you are using a satellite connection to the Internet.  From Europe or even halfway around the world from San Francisco, you should have ping times under 250 ms usually.  An packet loss should be close to zero.

Double check all your cables and cable connectors, and then ask your ISP to check everything themselves.  They will almost certainly tell you that it's not their problem, but show them the results of a tracert test (check Nalates's blog for how to do it).

suggest also that you run a tracert. Ping Sim 10000ms usually means internet troubles between you and Linden server

another thing. How many other devices/people in your house are also currently connected to the internet ?

With a 10kms ping... something is not connecting. Have you checked your firewall settings? 

Make that easy on yourself. Just disable any firewall stuff you have and try to login. If the firewall is the problem you'll make it in. Then you can spend time sorting out the firewall. Otherwise, you have eliminated that problem and can move to other troubleshooting steps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.